NBA 2024-2025

I understand why teams avoid doing it but this was perfect moment for some team to grief whole thing, hell even to test that threat. Its kinda shitty for that kid but guess it wasnt really a case of draft me to play me, or as long he is drafted where ever, as it was claimed by him.

Yeah you have the same concerns about developments we had. What you're saying Sharpe is basically word for word what we have been saying about Jalen Green. I think a core of Sharpe, Scoot, Clingan after year 1 of the rebuild is pretty good. Next year is meant to be a fantastic draft, if you get lucky, you could land yourself your franchise guy then. I'm not sure what you're planning to do with Simons. Is he part of the rebuild?
Most likely we will try to look for a buyer. He probably works best as a sixth man on a good team, and I don’t think we are going to get much in terms of assets. I do like him as a player and he’s been a brilliant draft pick given where he was selected but I don’t see how he fits next to Scoot and Sharpe.

It’s a 55th pick, you hardly get any value out of it so may as well use it for a marketing move.

They could have just waited three more picks and offered him a contract as an undrafted player though. I guess they preferred for him to actually get drafted though, looks better.

It’s a 55th pick, you hardly get any value out of it so may as well use it for a marketing move.

They could have just waited three more picks and offered him a contract as an undrafted player though. I guess they preferred for him to actually get drafted though, looks better.

Also after winning 8 titles, 5 MVPs he will be regarded as best draft pick.

Lakers drafting Bronny is ridiculous. Lebron is privatizing the whole franchise, his son wouldnt have been drafted if his dad wasnt there, nice bit of nepotism.

How the Lakers allow LeBron to take over the entire franchise is beyond me. He hasn't done nearly enough for the Lakers to warrant this sort of power. Laughable franchise.

Spending the 55th pick on a player to basically keep a top 10 player in the league is not letting him run the entire franchise is it? Lakers will be confident in their ability to find undrafted free agent guys, indeed I think Armel Traore will end up being a guy who contributes after a season or so in the G-League.

Spending the 55th pick on a player to basically keep a top 10 player in the league is not letting him run the entire franchise is it? Lakers will be confident in their ability to find undrafted free agent guys, indeed I think Armel Traore will end up being a guy who contributes after a season or so in the G-League.

Did they draft Bronny to keep AD?

We'll see how it turns out. Hiring JJ Reddick, drafting Bronny. Sure seems like LeBron is in charge?
I don't think this'll work out the way they hope - and their effort to hire Hurley shows what basketball people think about the Lakers while LeBron is running the entire operation.

Exactly. Those same people complaining would cream their pants if lebron left the Lakers. It's not the best run franchise and they've made plenty of roster building mistakes over the years but drafting Bronny at 55 was a no brainer because it pretty much guarantees lebron staying. And like it or not based on last season he's still an all star caliber player.

Exactly. Those same people complaining would cream their pants if lebron left the Lakers. It's not the best run franchise and they've made plenty of roster building mistakes over the years but drafting Bronny at 55 was a no brainer because it pretty much guarantees lebron staying. And like it or not based on last season he's still an all star caliber player.

No, I'm creaming my pants because LeBron is staying in LA! The expected 3/160 contract, and forcing JJ (and whoever follows him in the next couple of months) to give Bronny meaningful minutes, is exactly what I hoped for.

(And I don't even hate LeBron. At all. But I find it funny/weird how the Lakers have given the franchise to him)

The Knicks got 5(!) second rounders in return for their 26th overall pick, meanwhile the Bulls didn't even get one in the Caruso trade :lol:

The Knicks got 5(!) second rounders in return for their 26th overall pick, meanwhile the Bulls didn't even get one in the Caruso trade :lol:

How much is Giddey worth to you? I thought it was a pretty fair deal actually. Giddey doesn't quite fit with what OKC are doing but he's a good young player, and he showed that when he was allowed to run point in the games SGA was absent.

No, I'm creaming my pants because LeBron is staying in LA! The expected 3/160 contract, and forcing JJ (and whoever follows him in the next couple of months) to give Bronny meaningful minutes, is exactly what I hoped for.

(And I don't even hate LeBron. At all. But I find it funny/weird how the Lakers have given the franchise to him)

These are Lebrons stats from last year: 71 games played, 25 points, 54fg%, 41 3pt%, , 7 rebounds, 8 assists.

Any team trying to contend would love to have a player like that. The way the Lakers cap situation is if Lebron leaves, it doesn't create room to sign another superstar to replace him so they are incentivized to keep him. The Bronny stuff is just your imagination, if he plays well he will get more minutes if not he'll get sent to the g league or sit on the bench.

I'm sure the lakers are just crushed at giving a guy who was near enough 26/8/8 coming off of a 41% year from 3 who shows no real signs of slowing up, a big deal.

How much is Giddey worth to you? I thought it was a pretty fair deal actually. Giddey doesn't quite fit with what OKC are doing but he's a good young player, and he showed that when he was allowed to run point in the games SGA was absent.

I think Caruso is the better player and I think not getting ANY picks in return from a team who has a million of them is a bad deal.

Besides that I don't see how he fits with the Bulls. They already have pretty bad spacing, I don't see how getting Giddey helps them. But I'm also not the biggest fan of him (not because of his trial by social media, just as a player). I don't see a lot in him.

These are Lebrons stats from last year: 71 games played, 25 points, 54fg%, 41 3pt%, , 7 rebounds, 8 assists.

Any team trying to contend would love to have a player like that. The way the Lakers cap situation is if Lebron leaves, it doesn't create room to sign another superstar to replace him so they are incentivized to keep him. The Bronny stuff is just your imagination, if he plays well he will get more minutes if not he'll get sent to the g league or sit on the bench.
I'm sure the lakers are just crushed at giving a guy who was near enough 26/8/8 coming off of a 41% year from 3 who shows no real signs of slowing up, a big deal.

You two are by far the two most positive Lakers voices I've heard so far. Kudos for having such a glass half full approach to what everybody else sees as a pure marketing stunt.

Good luck on your season! Hopefully you'll get the 9th seed with some luck - and from there nobody wants to face James in the post season! Nevermind 2 x James! Anything can happen!

You two are by far the two most positive Lakers voices I've heard so far. Kudos for having such a glass half full approach to what everybody else sees as a pure marketing stunt.

Good luck on your season! Hopefully you'll get the 9th seed with some luck - and from there nobody wants to face James in the post season! Nevermind 2 x James! Anything can happen!

Don't worry about the team that has the most championships this century.

There really isn't much to deliberate, the Lakers picked a direction when they picked up Lebron and decided to accelerate towards a championship by picking up AD. They decided they were going to ride it out until Lebron decides to retire.

This will be the make up of the team until the end of the 26/27 season, at which point Lebron retires, AD probably declines his player option and the rebuild starts in earnest from the 27/28 season onwards.

I think Caruso is the better player and I think not getting ANY picks in return from a team who has a million of them is a bad deal.

Besides that I don't see how he fits with the Bulls. They already have pretty bad spacing, I don't see how getting Giddey helps them. But I'm also not the biggest fan of him (not because of his trial by social media, just as a player). I don't see a lot in him.

Caruso is the better player but he's also a lot older with only a year left on his contract. I hear you, if you don't think Giddey is that good, then we'll just see it differently, but I think he's pretty good and could thrive in the right environment. Not sure if that's the Bulls but it definitely wasn't going to be OKC.

There really isn't much to deliberate, the Lakers picked a direction when they picked up Lebron and decided to accelerate towards a championship by picking up AD. They decided they were going to ride it out until Lebron decides to retire.

This will be the make up of the team until the end of the 26/27 season, at which point Lebron retires, AD probably declines his player option and the rebuild starts in earnest from the 27/28 season onwards.

And 15th man Bronny opts out to join his dad's expansion team and becomes an instant starter through his hard work.

Bulls should not expect to be good now so current roster doesn’t really matter. If things go well then Bulls may be kind of okay toward the middle of Giddey’s next contract.

They could have probably got a second rounder or two from OKC but who actually cares about them. They can be bought for about $2m.

Bulls should not expect to be good now so current roster doesn’t really matter. If things go well then Bulls may be kind of okay toward the middle of Giddey’s next contract.

They could have probably got a second rounder or two from OKC but who actually cares about them. They can be bought for about $2m.

If you're going into a rebuild you should care about them.

It just occurred to me that Dillingham basically has the same measurements than Mike Conley. It's funny how draft narratives can make you believe that a rookie is somewhat special in good or bad ways.

Lakers drafting Bronny is ridiculous. Lebron is privatizing the whole franchise, his son wouldnt have been drafted if his dad wasnt there, nice bit of nepotism.

None of that bothers me personally, what i find shameless is that if reports are true that other teams were interested too just agent told them to not even think about drafting him, Lebron basically used his own son to enhance his own legacy, whole him playing with his son shit, because doubt Lakers are best option out there for development of his son, kid would probably get more minutes somewhere else etc.

PG definitively not re-signing with the Clippers then. Looks like he’s likely going to the Sixers.

massive if on injuries but if they can stay healthy Embiid PG and Maxey is a nice 3

Ok, whole shit around agency in NBA is confusing as mf with new apron rules what not. So GSW waiving CP3 means they have now 30 mil to play with? I always thought that money would still be in GSW books

None of that bothers me personally, what i find shameless is that if reports are true that other teams were interested too just agent told them to not even think about drafting him, Lebron basically used his own son to enhance his own legacy, whole him playing with his son shit, because doubt Lakers are best option out there for development of his son, kid would probably get more minutes somewhere else etc.
Yeah, ridiculous all around. That's a me me me narrative going on by Lebron ever since he started playing in the NBA.

PG definitively not re-signing with the Clippers then. Looks like he’s likely going to the Sixers.

massive if on injuries but if they can stay healthy Embiid PG and Maxey is a nice 3
What are Clippers options now PG is gone?

Ok, whole shit around agency in NBA is confusing as mf with new apron rules what not. So GSW waiving CP3 means they have now 30 mil to play with? I always thought that money would still be in GSW books
His contract wasn't guaranteed so they just waived him before the date at which his guarantee was exercised. They're still over the cap so they don't have $30m but they now are below the tax so they can spend the full mid level exception.

They and the Clippers are clearly now done, there's seemingly no way for them to even remain where they were last year when they already weren't good enough, while Denver letting KCP go also undermines their chances.

4-year, $212m deal for PG. Not sure he's worth that anymore at this stage of his career and/or that he is what the Sixers and Embiid need to get over the hump.

Clippers cooked now for sure, you love to see it.

4-year, $212m deal for PG. Not sure he's worth that anymore at this stage of his career and/or that he is what the Sixers and Embiid need to get over the hump.

It’s a risk given his injuries but I think if you’re the Sixers you gotta do it. It creates a window for them at the very least.

they essentially trade harden for pg, a couple of firsts and seconds and a pick swap, which isn’t a bad haul really

His contract wasn't guaranteed so they just waived him before the date at which his guarantee was exercised. They're still over the cap so they don't have $30m but they now are below the tax so they can spend the full mid level exception.

They and the Clippers are clearly now done, there's seemingly no way for them to even remain where they were last year when they already weren't good enough, while Denver letting KCP go also undermines their chances.

Oh i see, thanks for explaining.

He wasn’t worth that at any point of his career. Just ask the Clippers.

I like his fit with the sixers. Embed, PG and Maxey is probably the best and most balanced "big three" in the league right now.