NBA 2024-2025

I like his fit with the sixers. Embed, PG and Maxey is probably the best and most balanced "big three" in the league right now.

Too bad two of them will only play 40-50 games next season. I’ll be surprised if we see them all on the court at the same time more than 15-20 times in the regular season.

Pretty damn pleased with how things are shaping up for the Spurs over the next few years.

We got unprotected first-round picks from Atlanta in 2025 and 2027.
An unprotected 2026 pick swap from them too.
We've got 2030 pick swap protected and 2031 unprotected.
Brought in Chris Paul to throw up lobs to Wemby.
Castle looking like settling in very well already.

Too bad two of them will only play 40-50 games next season. I’ll be surprised if we see them all on the court at the same time more than 15-20 times in the regular season.
Regular season means nothing anyways. As long as they're healthy for the playoffs and the in season tournament ;)

Don't think PG is the same player he was, but he is still pretty good and I love that he signed for the Sixers.

We badly needed East to get stronger looking at this years playoffs and now the Knicks, the Sixers got better along with Giannis coming back for the Bucks.

5-year, $314m max extension for Tatum; biggest deal in NBA history.

Klay to the mavs. Woj reporting it.
If it's true, I hope he does well. End of an era, and all that.

At his best, the 2nd best 3 point shooter the game has ever seen, a first ballot HOF and a statue outside the Chase Center when he retires.

He definitely deserves it.

win, the United States can still qualify for the knockouts but they will need to have a better goal difference than Panama. As it stands, the U.S. have a two-goal advantage.
If it's true, I hope he does well. End of an era, and all that.

At his best, the 2nd best 3 point shooter the game has ever seen, a first ballot HOF and a statue outside the Chase Center when he retires.

He definitely deserves it.
Is he though? All star 5 times and all nba only twice (both third team). Great player, but not sure if HoF.

Is he though? All star 5 times and all nba only twice (both third team). Great player, but not sure if HoF.
If it was baseball, I think there might be a question. In basketball, everybody gets in. A couple of years ago when they were naming the top 75 players of all time, the general consensus was that Klay was one of the biggest snubs. If he's one of the top 75-100 players ever, he's a surefire 1st ballot HOFer.

Last edited:
Pretty damn pleased with how things are shaping up for the Spurs over the next few years.

We got unprotected first-round picks from Atlanta in 2025 and 2027.
An unprotected 2026 pick swap from them too.
We've got 2030 pick swap protected and 2031 unprotected.
Brought in Chris Paul to throw up lobs to Wemby.
Castle looking like settling in very well already.
I can see Atlanta being quite bad next couple of years after letting Murray go. He wasn’t a perfect or even good fit next to Trae but I thought they were going to get more value for him than Daniels and Nance (picks won’t help at all in the short term and they will both be 15-20 at best anyway).

Until your team is giving out max contracts to average starters like when the Mavs had to give Harrison Barnes a max deal.
That was Summer of 2016 when the new TV deal kicked in and salary cap jumped up from $70m to $94m overnight, meaning most teams had space to sign max free agents. It produced some of the most ridiculous long term commitments like Mozgov to Lakers (4 years, $64m), Parsons to Grizzlies (4 years, $95m) or Plumlee to Milwaukee (4 years, $52m). It won’t happen again because the cap jump could not be so significant under current rules, it would have to be distributed more evenly across following seasons.

His contract wasn't guaranteed so they just waived him before the date at which his guarantee was exercised. They're still over the cap so they don't have $30m but they now are below the tax so they can spend the full mid level exception.

They and the Clippers are clearly now done, there's seemingly no way for them to even remain where they were last year when they already weren't good enough, while Denver letting KCP go also undermines their chances.

Grizzlies will definitely leapfrog them both next season, and I'm pretty sure Rockets will as well, at least the Warriors.

Warriors squeezed into the play-in by the skin of their teeth last season. My guess is they'll end up around 11th seed next season, maybe 12th depending on how much Spurs improve.

Grizzlies will definitely leapfrog them both next season, and I'm pretty sure Rockets will as well, at least the Warriors.

Warriors squeezed into the play-in by the skin of their teeth last season. My guess is they'll end up around 11th seed next season, maybe 12th depending on how much Spurs improve.
I think the Dubs will be better than you think next year. I don't think there's any way they'll be true contenders but people forget they actually won more games last year as a 10th seed than they did the year before as a 6th. Klay is gone which in all honesty is a blessing in disguise. On numerous occasions last year, he continued to shoot us out of games we should have won, especially in the first half of the season.

This is Jonathan Kuminga's chance to really step up and be a solid number 2. It is also the 2nd year for Jackson-Davis and Pod, so hopefully they can continue the good work they did in their rookie season.

The big questions for me are "how much does Steph have left in the tank?" and "can Draymond keep his temper and stop sabotaging the team?" If the answer to both of those is a positive one then I can easily see the Dubs getting a top 6 seed and possibly a 1st round playoff win. Unfortunately, to me, that is the limit of their prospects.

Roll on next season.

Last edited:
Klay to the Mavs, good pickup?
If they don't have to depend on him to do too much, very much so. He's still a great shooter, but no longer a solid number 2 option on offense or a great defender. If the Mavs can just get him to be a spot up shooter and nothing else and don't have to depend on him to get wins every night, then yes, I think it's ideal.

Sorry to see Klay go, but from a pure dollars and cents standpoint, it was time. I think he'll do ok in Dallas where he can be the 3rd option. With the Warriors, he would have been required to do more and these days he's just not capable. Buddy Hield is a good replacement and not really much of a downgrade (if any) and he's significantly cheaper. He's actually made more 3s than anybody else in the NBA in the last 5 years so will definitely help to provide the spacing the team needs if they are to continue playing the motion offense that Steve Kerr prefers. Kyle Anderson and De'Anthony Melton will also be solid rotation pieces and will definitely help from a defensive POV. On the downside, however, apart from Steph, unless Jonathan Kuminga can take that next step, they will definitely be lacking in star power.

I can easily see this team getting 48-50 wins next season. They got 46 last year when Draymond was suspended for 25 games. So if he can keep his head and not do anything dumb (it's possible :rolleyes: ), I think that target is definitely achievable.

Last edited:

Am not his biggest fan, but Kobe was something else. There is zero chance USA wins 2008 finals without him.

Am not his biggest fan, but Kobe was something else. There is zero chance USA wins 2008 finals without him.

Just read Roland Lazenby's book on Kobe, just bought his MJ book.

Kobe was an interesting character, not many people liked him it would appear

So apparently Sixers may be offering KJ Martin a $16m one year extension. Now someone who watches the league on a regular basis may be somewhat confused, maybe we have missed something and there has been an unexpected explosion of talent?

Not really, he averaged 12 minutes, in which he scored less than 4 points and got 2 rebounds, last season. However the cap space loophole that Daryl Morey is never reluctant to explore is that they can actually offer him that contract without going over the apron, thus not causing any inconvenience to the organization, and can trade it in a few months time - along with multiple picks they have - for a more useful player making similar amount of money (or aggregate it with other contracts to get to a higher number). He would essentially get $16m for a year of not doing much simply because he will have found himself in the right place at the right time, nothing to do with his talent or performance.

This whole cap space thing has really become ridiculous, it is needlessly complicated with too many fine print details driving decision making and causing good players to not get paid adequately while mediocre players get bags of money for simply being there at the right time.

It's totally random but didn't Ben Simmons demeanor became really bad around the time of the story between his siblings?

Just read Roland Lazenby's book on Kobe, just bought his MJ book.

Kobe was an interesting character, not many people liked him it would appear
He was the idol and role model (and mentor in some cases) of a lot of the 90s players who are currently in the NBA though, ranging from early 90s Kyrie Irving to late 90s Jayson Tatum.

As for liking, I guess it was easy to dislike him yeah, but as an opponent and a teammate. Him and Shaq didn't get along at first either because of the difference in mentality and work ethic. Jordan was a bully to (some of) his teammates as well.

Anyone else see 17 year old Cooper Flagg vs the Olympic USA team? He didn't look out of place at all vs these guys and he's not even started college ball yet. :lol:

Anyone else see 17 year old Cooper Flagg vs the Olympic USA team? He didn't look out of place at all vs these guys and he's not even started college ball yet. :lol:

Name sounds like a rich kid movie character in a 1990’s movie who would bully the main character before getting his ass kicked in the final scene.

Jalen Brunson, absolute legend. Took a massive paycut. Hope they build him a statue with that 113m he passed on. What a king.

Jalen Brunson, absolute legend. Took a massive paycut. Hope they build him a statue with that 113m he passed on. What a king.
Love this move. Not necessarily a bad move for him too, secures $156M when many things can happen over a year and will be eligible for another massive extension when he is 32, and Knicks will reward him then I bet.

What an acquisition he has been for them too. Many questioned Knicks when they gave him $100M for 4 years initially and he has turned out to have been an absolute bargain at that price. Probably one of the best 5 point guards in the league currently.

Yep, was looking sceptical about that initial 100 million contract and the man practically made the Knicks title contenders with his actions on and off the floor

Terrence Shannon Jr looked like everything I hoped, a dynamic wing on both ends of the floor. Dillingham looks even smaller than anticipated, he has very good handling and vision but his shooting was bad. Interestingly Nadir Hifi was good, better than Nix and Dillingham if the Wolves can offer him a minimum contract they somehow could end the offseason with a deep and young group of guards mentored by Conley, going from nothing to too many.

This Reed Sheppard kid looks so smooth and poised. He almost plays like a seasoned vet. You can tell he’s watched a helluva lot of Steph Curry and Chris Paul tapes.

Some notable people have taken notice.

Love this move. Not necessarily a bad move for him too, secures $156M when many things can happen over a year and will be eligible for another massive extension when he is 32, and Knicks will reward him then I bet.

What an acquisition he has been for them too. Many questioned Knicks when they gave him $100M for 4 years initially and he has turned out to have been an absolute bargain at that price. Probably one of the best 5 point guards in the league currently.
Love the fact Knicks are coming back so to say.

How can you struggle against South Sudan, not even the whole of Sudan

I mean, he’s not really wrong. Growing up in LA that is exactly how it was and I can’t imagine it has changed much. LA is a Laker city and always will be.
I didnt mean he's wrong but its a cheap shot at a team you were a part of till recently.