NBA 2019-2020

And that's how you close out a series

Now rest and recover for the clippers

End of the road for these rockets. Comprehensively beaten at their own game, the experiment is over, they are too small to win. Blow it up

Last edited:
Fukc off Westbrook. Getting a fan thrown out because his panties are all in a bunch. Feel free to be good at the basketballs Russ.

I think the fan in question was Rondo's brother.

Seems like Rondo's the least liked player among the current crop of NBA pgs.

Think he will retire. His contact is expiring after the playoffs i think.
He's been linked to the Pelicans and the Pacers so he might continue but I can't see any chance of him being in Houston. Although I haven't enjoyed watching them and have found their constant whinging as a franchise annoying I do admire that Houston have never just settled for what they have or just accepted that other sides are better (the Warriors and now the LA teams) and have constantly tried things but the moves over the last year now leave them with a big problem. It was seen as a good deal to get off Chris Paul's contract but Westbrook's is probably worse while whoever comes in now will have to take over a group of players who have been assembled to play a very unusual style.

He's been linked to the Pelicans and the Pacers so he might continue but I can't see any chance of him being in Houston. Although I haven't enjoyed watching them and have found their constant whinging as a franchise annoying I do admire that Houston have never just settled for what they have or just accepted that other sides are better (the Warriors and now the LA teams) and have constantly tried things but the moves over the last year now leave them with a big problem. It was seen as a good deal to get off Chris Paul's contract but Westbrook's is probably worse while whoever comes in now will have to take over a group of players who have been assembled to play a very unusual style.

Yeah, i agree, dont think he'll be staying with the Rockets. But in the same time can't see him going to NOLA with him being 70 and them being a young and developing team.

True, props to them for going up against GSW and going at them at that, always looking for the moves they can make to challenge them, but CP3 contract has pretty much feked them imo.

Just seen Clippers - Nuggets is at 19:00 CEST. :drool:

Could be more interesting then people think.
Some sweet, sweet Europe time zone friendly game kick off.

To be clear style isn't the rockets problem, if anything it's what made them competitive. Talent was always the limit for them. I mean, they lost twice to the warriors dynasty and once to LBJ and AD...

And when you look at the playoffs landscape, their style is consistently successful, regardless of which team uses it. The Heat and Celtics move the ball more but ultimately their offences are built on iso/pnr and 3s, and their defences on the ability to switch everything

We just smashed the rockets by playing their basketball - we are just better at it than they are because we have LeBron and AD

Hopefully Nuggets win and force a game 7! Love that it's at a decent time :)

Nah I doubt it but I have Lakers as strong favorites over them in WCF and I had them the other way around before.
Yeah Lakers will probably win it. But if they lose this one it will be a big hit psychologically, they squander leads every game it seems.

Nah I doubt it but I have Lakers as strong favorites over them in WCF and I had them the other way around before.
Agreed, before I had these lapses as the Clippers just being a bit complacent and assumed they would snap out of it by now but now you'd have to have the Lakers as favourites even if they get through in game 7. Really impressed by Denver though, they looked gone after 4 games against Utah.

Agreed, before I had these lapses as the Clippers just being a bit complacent and assumed they would snap out of it by now but now you'd have to have the Lakers as favourites even if they get through in game 7. Really impressed by Denver though, they looked gone after 4 games against Utah.
Nuggets have done great. I definitely underestimated them. Second time in a row they’ve come back from 3-1, and the last two games they were down by nearly 20 both times and won. Can’t believe Clippers allowed a huge lead to go again. Lakers on the other hand won all 4 games against Rockets quite comfortably after that first loss, and got better with each game too.

I’d love Nuggets to beat them though, and get to the Finals. Nuggets v Heat would be dreamy.

Nuggets are 5-0 now facing elimination. Almost -20 in 3 of those games and still came from behind. An amazing team effort with probably most fun player to watch in the league in Jokić. They also look like a better and more composed team overall.

As for Clippers, last 2 games were just embarrassing and I would even seriously consider Rivers position if they lose game 7.

Nuggets are 5-0 now facing elimination. Almost -20 in 3 of those games and still came from behind. An amazing team effort with probably most fun player to watch in the league in Jokić. They also look like a better and more composed team overall.

As for Clippers, last 2 games were just embarrassing and I would even seriously consider Rivers position if they lose game 7.
Yeah, all this talent getting wasted. I dont know what they do in training cause offensively it looks bad. And defensively not much better.

Everything about the Clippers is built to beat Lakers in my opinion.

Denver:

One issue with the Lakers they won’t play still Friday now. They always start badly after time off. They’ve lost every game during the restart after a few days off.