NBA 2019-2020

Rondo turning into Steph Curry from 3 is not something I expected.

Donovan was out of contract. The split is pretty amicable from what I can tell. He wants to coach a team that wants to win. OKC will not be doing that for the next few years. It makes sense.

fecking love Rondo. He is such an intelligent player. Don’t think the Lakers would have gone up 2-1 without him. Hope we can win game 3 as well. 2-2 makes me nervous.

This is a tough one, especially since both Harden and Westbrook had great games, I have no idea why our role players stopped shooting in the 2nd half it makes no sense, that and also would like to call out the refs for hugely favoring LeBron, they let him shout at them all game long not even called a technical and even reversed two calls for him like ehat the feck was that?

Lakers v Rockets is similar to how the series against Portland went. Relatively comfortable game 1 victory for the other team, and then Lakers take control of the series. I think they'll still lose one more game here though simply because Houston are a better team than Portland. Seems it's set up for Clippers v Lakers (finals everyone predicted) and Heat v Celtics (finals no one predicted).

Lakers v Rockets is similar to how the series against Portland went. Relatively comfortable game 1 victory for the other team, and then Lakers take control of the series. I think they'll still lose one more game here though simply because Houston are a better team than Portland. Seems it's set up for Clippers v Lakers (finals everyone predicted) and Heat v Celtics (finals no one predicted).

BOS-MIA, similar to BOS-TOR, should be an awesome tactical coaching showdown. Spoelstra is a wizard and everybody knows about Brad Stevens' quality. I like the Raptors, but as a neutral I'm pulling for a Heat-Celtics ECF for the matchups alone.

Ask about how the NBA can justify all the politics around BLM while censoring stuff concerning china/hk

With regards to what happened last year... Tatum's reply was that Morey was not an employee of the NBA but of the Houston Rockets and they still stood by his right for freedom of speech.

NBA still not broadcast on CCTV.

BOS-MIA, similar to BOS-TOR, should be an awesome tactical coaching showdown. Spoelstra is a wizard and everybody knows about Brad Stevens' quality. I like the Raptors, but as a neutral I'm pulling for a Heat-Celtics ECF for the matchups alone.
Nurse is a better coach than Stevens though. He’s competitive against a much more talented Celtics team now because of how good he is with making adjustments.

This is a tough one, especially since both Harden and Westbrook had great games, I have no idea why our role players stopped shooting in the 2nd half it makes no sense, that and also would like to call out the refs for hugely favoring LeBron, they let him shout at them all game long not even called a technical and even reversed two calls for him like ehat the feck was that?
Yeah, was quite a demoralising defeat. Rockets played great for the first two and a half quarters, and then the Lakers just locked them down. LeBron's defence in the third was sensational, and it felt like it scared a few of the Rockets for the rest of the game.

I think that was the best I've seen LBJ + AD play together. Going to be incredibly hard for the Rockets if they can keep that level up.

Nurse is a better coach than Stevens though. He’s competitive against a much more talented Celtics team now because of how good he is with making adjustments.

No disagreements there, just don't think Toronto has the talent this year. There's only so much a great coach can do without a true alpha superstar on the roster, and Nurse has far exceeded expectations this year (and this post-season). I'd love to see what he would scheme up against Miami, but ultimately think that Boston's talent makes that potential series more intriguing.

No disagreements there, just don't think Toronto has the talent this year. There's only so much a great coach can do without a true alpha superstar on the roster, and Nurse has far exceeded expectations this year (and this post-season). I'd love to see what he would scheme up against Miami, but ultimately think that Boston's talent makes that potential series more intriguing.
Because of the lack of established talent, I would have been happy with us making the ECF this season. We won't have a good season otherwise in my eyes (though that doesn't mean I'd be disappointed).

I don't think we'll renew either Ibaka or Gasol's contract unless they accept a pay cut, and Siakam will start getting max. money next season. We also have to worry about VanVleet becoming a free agent, and whilst we will finally have cap space for new recruits, I'm not sure if we'll do much better next season unless we get a good big or two. Having said that, I'm sure that we'll set up for Giannis as well, so next season might just be a throwaway as we build towards that.

Second game in a row that we beat the rockets at their own game. We'll probably lose another when they shoot lights out from 3 and we can't keep up, but i am now cautiously confident that we'll win this series

Because of the lack of established talent, I would have been happy with us making the ECF this season. We won't have a good season otherwise in my eyes (though that doesn't mean I'd be disappointed).

I don't think we'll renew either Ibaka or Gasol's contract unless they accept a pay cut, and Siakam will start getting max. money next season. We also have to worry about VanVleet becoming a free agent, and whilst we will finally have cap space for new recruits, I'm not sure if we'll do much better next season unless we get a good big or two. Having said that, I'm sure that we'll set up for Giannis as well, so next season might just be a throwaway as we build towards that.

I am really interested to see how Ujiri retools your roster in the next couple of years. The culture is clearly great there, you've got an elite coach, and the organization has shown that it can contend consistently, so it should be a relatively attractive landing spot for free agents. I'll be sad to see Gasol and Ibaka go - two aging legends of the game who I'll remember fondly as their careers taper off. Hope you guys keep VanVleet and attract a couple of free agents to keep the train rolling. Also desperately need a second wheel to take the pressure off Siakam, who is great but has shown this year that he isn't yet capable of being "the" guy in the postseason. I expect him to get there eventually, but help is necessary. I love Lowry for what he brings to the table and IMO he is a future HoF inductee, but he doesn't have the same "gravity" as someone like Curry or Giannis, or even someone like Jokic (to a lesser extent).

I am really interested to see how Ujiri retools your roster in the next couple of years. The culture is clearly great there, you've got an elite coach, and the organization has shown that it can contend consistently, so it should be a relatively attractive landing spot for free agents. I'll be sad to see Gasol and Ibaka go - two aging legends of the game who I'll remember fondly as their careers taper off. Hope you guys keep VanVleet and attract a couple of free agents to keep the train rolling. Also desperately need a second wheel to take the pressure off Siakam, who is great but has shown this year that he isn't yet capable of being "the" guy in the postseason. I expect him to get there eventually, but help is necessary. I love Lowry for what he brings to the table and IMO he is a future HoF inductee, but he doesn't have the same "gravity" as someone like Curry or Giannis, or even someone like Jokic (to a lesser extent).
Yeah, we're in an interesting position now where Masai and the rest have to rebuild the team so soon. In terms of free agency, there aren't too many attainable options, unfortunately. We can get older players like Millsap and Gallinari in, but those would have to be short-term deals like with Gasol, and both would demand more money from us knowing that we'd have a decent amount of cap space.

I think we might have to look at younger free agents in the hopes that we can snap up someone good or give more minutes to Boucher in the hopes that he can step up.

Why does Houston consistently pair Harden with a point guard instead of with a shooting guard? It's simply illogical.

Wild end to this Boston-Toronto game right now. Lowry and Siakam with over 50 minutes played.

Why does Houston consistently pair Harden with a point guard instead of with a shooting guard? It's simply illogical.
I have no idea. One of their best runs was when Eric Gorden and him shared. Last thing he truly needes was two different ball hawks like Westbrook and CP3.

The Raptors owe him a statue in front of Scotiabank Arena.

Truly and they better either front the bill or out there constructing. Having Siakam consistently shoot when it was obvious it wasn't his day was wild. Lowry was a superstar tonight, and I hope tomorrow all the radio and TV shows celebrate him as such.

Truly and they better either front the bill or out there constructing. Having Siakam consistently shoot when it was obvious it wasn't his day was wild. Lowry was a superstar tonight, and I hope tomorrow all the radio and TV shows celebrate him as such.
Siakam did take a good number of shots, but there were also several moments where VanVleet took questionable shots. Siakam was taking good positions and making good decisions, but if he was missing, then it is what it is. If we didn't let him take shots, then the Celtics would have taken of that and closed down others. The fact that Siakam kept taking those shots meant that the Celtics had to respect him.

Nuggets are done.
Yeah. Malone freezing out MPJ when he was the only one making buckets alongside Jokic is a wrong move. Clippers are just a better team with a better coach. You can't beat a team like that with only one player consistently showing up.

Murray has been as bad in this series as he was great in the last one. They stand no chance if he doesn't show up.

What a crazy, crazy game between Raptors and Celtics. All out playoff basketball, beautiful. Monstrous game by Lowry.

Btw what's the best site for buying some NBA merchandise, mainly clothes?

I have no idea. One of their best runs was when Eric Gorden and him shared. Last thing he truly needes was two different ball hawks like Westbrook and CP3.

I mean, their best run was when they had CP3 and Harden together?

What a crazy, crazy game between Raptors and Celtics. All out playoff basketball, beautiful. Monstrous game by Lowry.

Btw what's the best site for buying some NBA merchandise, mainly clothes?
I always buy from the NBA Store Europe, you know it's legit and it's quite a fast delivery usually. Not sure if there are better or more trustworthy deals out there. Our local Amazon in the Benelux also sells legit jerseys so I sometimes order from there too. Would think the official Nike and Mitchell & Ness stores etc. online are valid too.

Murray has been as bad in this series as he was great in the last one. They stand no chance if he doesn't show up.
He's going up against some elite defenders tbh. Also he's not helped by Malone lacking the tactical nuance to make much needed adjustments. Last 2 games that they've lost, Denver had dropped off significantly in the 4th quarter, mostly because Malone is always resorting to Jokic/Murray 2 man game of PNR/dribble hand off, something that Clippers have obviously scouted very well and are prepared for it.

I always buy from the NBA Store Europe, you know it's legit and it's quite a fast delivery usually. Not sure if there are better or more trustworthy deals out there. Our local Amazon in the Benelux also sells legit jerseys so I sometimes order from there too. Would think the official Nike and Mitchell & Ness stores etc. online are valid too.
I'm interested in Clippers training shorts, the ones they wear for a warm up, will look up if I can get those somewhere. Thanks!

Yeah, no question about it but he isn't nearly as much targeted as he was by the Jazz. If nothing this series should be a valuable experience for this Nuggets team.
For real! If he hits the gym but doesn't get too much heavier (sounds weird) he will be unstoppable. The reason I mentioned weight is because I watched a video that details the relation of shooting ability to weight. He is already at 98 kg which is similar to Bird and Jordan and most the great shooters are light in weight.