NBA 2019-2020

He's still under contract until 2021.

Though I imagine if he doesn't sign the super-max, the Bucks may be forced to trade him.
:lol:

When are the bucks going to get another like him? You don't trade a top 5 player in the league. You just don't, unless he refuses to play and forces your hand

Will Giannis leave once Bucks lose 4-0 today?
I think he may go to Heat or Raptors next year but Bucks will hold onto him hoping he extends. I just hope they don’t trade him to Warriors.

When are the bucks going to get another like him? You don't trade a top 5 player in the league. You just don't, unless he refuses to play and forces your hand
I agree. Even if they can get some assets in return they won’t be anywhere near his quality and it’s better playing out another year with him on the team with a different coach, hoping to win the championship. I mean no package from Warriors, Raptors or Heat could really be enticing enough.

I never said they'd get a good trade for him and find another like him.

But if he doesn't sign the super-max, it's likely an indication that he doesn't plan on staying...

I never said they'd get a good trade for him and find another like him.

But if he doesn't sign the super-max, it's likely an indication that he doesn't plan on staying...
Doesn't matter. Unless he requests a trade, trading him makes zero sense. They are contenders as long as they have him.

Doesn't matter. Unless he requests a trade, trading him makes zero sense. They are contenders as long as they have him.

I wouldn't trade him either, but maybe the FO thinks different and wouldn't want to lose him for nothing.

I wouldn't trade him either, but maybe the FO thinks different and wouldn't want to lose him for nothing.
Nothing they could get for him is worth more than keeping him another year. He leaves, they're back into the lottery anyways

They might do but as others have stated if he doesn't sign the supermax it makes it very likely he's going next summer and suddenly the offers they get won't be that good. I don't think a team like the Bucks, who aren't in a big market and therefore reliant on drafting a gem or trading for one, should dismiss one more year of an MVP level player around whom they can contend for a title. The moves this summer should surely be about tweaking the team (they can't do much admittedly) to fit around Giannis and have one more run at it, they've obviously got a problem in the play offs but the lockdown also hurt them as they haven't been right throughout the time in the bubble and that's just a bit unfortunate.

Awtsch, Middleton calls game.

Bucks' season continues.

Heroic effort from the Bucks. Wonder if Giannis returns in the series, if they can make it 3-2 it will be very interesting.

What a win. If Giannis returns, It'd be interesting to see if they'll make some adjustments. With the way Heat have been defending Giannis, I'd like to see the offense run through Middleton more often.

What a win. If Giannis returns, It'd be interesting to see if they'll make some adjustments. With the way Heat have been defending Giannis, I'd like to see the offense run through Middleton more often.
Don’t matter. Heat will wrap it up next game.

Time to step up LeBron. Make or break time. Don’t think we are winning if we go down 2-0. Too much for Davis and LeBron to do. Need Kuzma, Green and CP to step up tonight.

It's so interesting how Westrbook's shot has just completely abandoned him since his MVP year. He was always an iffy/below average shooter but he's just dreadful now. No idea if it is a mental thing or a mechanical one. Probably both at this point. Even his FT's have dropped off.

It's so interesting how Westrbook's shot has just completely abandoned him since his MVP year. He was always an iffy/below average shooter but he's just dreadful now. No idea if it is a mental thing or a mechanical one. Probably both at this point. Even his FT's have dropped off.
He was doing fine in the regular season from midrange, it's just one of his bad games.

Phew. Good 4th Q to close out the game. 1-1. Hope it goes the way the Portland series went.

He was doing fine in the regular season from midrange, it's just one of his bad games.

I guess he meant his 3pt shooting and not general shooting. He was forced as feck in his MVP run, like a lot of bad shit. He's generally been better since not chasing that 30pt trip dub season. But yeah, his 3pt has tailed off.

Saw on reddit that Rockets shot 53 3s, making 22 of them, 4th most all time in playoffs. And Lakers still won. Seems like they can’t win by just outshooting them if the Lakers are on form.

Lakers just shot better and kept driving. Houston has to figure out how to keep the Laker bigs out of the paint if they're going to be successful. I'd much rather have Davis and Kuzma shooting threes than dunks or even those 12, 13 footers for Davis. Really intruiging series. Think D'Antoni will have to shelve that zone.

I guess he meant his 3pt shooting and not general shooting. He was forced as feck in his MVP run, like a lot of bad shit. He's generally been better since not chasing that 30pt trip dub season. But yeah, his 3pt has tailed off.
Does Westbrook have a post game? They might try to shake things up by having him catch it in the post. But they at some point have to stop him shooting threes.

Lakers just shot better and kept driving. Houston has to figure out how to keep the Laker bigs out of the paint if they're going to be successful. I'd much rather have Davis and Kuzma shooting threes than dunks or even those 12, 13 footers for Davis. Really intruiging series. Think D'Antoni will have to shelve that zone.
They cant keep them out of their paint. No one can guard Davis. They don’t have the size. Houston needs to just play their games and hope they execute to win.

They cant keep them out of their paint. No one can guard Davis. They don’t have the size. Houston needs to just play their games and hope they execute to win.
I mean if it's Lebron, Kuzma and Davis dunks and layups versus the Houston others open 3s, I know which I'd rather have. I guess they could also just hack Davis every time he's in the paint since he hasn't been great with FTs lately.

I mean if it's Lebron, Kuzma and Davis dunks and layups versus the Houston others open 3s, I know which I'd rather have. I guess they could also just hack Davis every time he's in the paint since he hasn't been great with FTs lately.
True he has been shooting only at 70% these playoffs but career wise he is actually a good FT shooter at over 80%. And during this regular season he was hovering around the 85% mark.

It's Lakers v Clippers in the West, and Heat in the East. The only question is whether it will be Raptors or Celtics to play the Heat, I think Celtics chances are better but would prefer the Raptors. Either of the three East teams being in Finals will be a big deal as not many expected that before season, many laughed at Butler joining Heat instead of sticking with 'more competitive' Sixers. Vast majority (including me) though Bucks would make it to the Finals and if not, Sixers looked like their closest competition.

Lakers Clippers is the finals in all but name

The Lakers also have a chance, but hard to see it happening tbh.

Btw if Boston blow this series, Celtics need to have a hard look at Brad Stevens.