Nba 2011-2012

What are the chances of Lakers getting Howard? I would love it, Nash Kobe and Dwight all together. :drool:

Pretty slim right now but I hope they keep trying because the Magic WANT Bynum to replace Howard. Thats their ideal trade. So we should keep pushing. And yes a combo of Howard-Gasol would be the best big men combo in the NBA.

Rashard Lewis has signed with the Heat according to ESPN. Another good addition to their roster.

I'm sure he was one of the highest paid players in the NBA at one point, but apparently he will not be earning much in Miami and instead, like Allen, he has agreed to join for a lower salary on the basis that he has a great chance of winning an NBA championship.

Forward Rashard Lewis has agreed to a two-year, $2.8 million deal.

Cheap as dirt - he turned down more money to play for a Championship team. Great pickup for Miami, that bench keeps getting better.

Heat have shooters all over the floor from Miller and Battier to Lewis and Allen. They will go all the way to the finals next year if they keep their team fit.

The word is that the Howard trade is hung up on getting all these trade pieces to agree to contracts, and agree to go to Orlando, before it gets done.

Lopez sound like he's amazingly going to get a max deal, the Bobcats among others are willing to sign him to one if he doesn't do it for the Nets, and the Nets apparently plan to match. That's crazy enough to start.

I'm not sure why they're saying Lopez has to agree to the trade, because I believe the Nets have the right to match any deal he's offered, at which point he belongs to the Nets and they can trade him where they like, as I understand it.

There was an indication that Lopez and others may be trying to get extra considerations for going along with all this, like a contract that lacks performance requirements.

Typical NBA. Give another player a max deal that's not worth half that contract.

I hear Bynum is the big holdup in any trade - he won't extend.

Yep that seems to be the issue stopping the Bynum for Howard trade. Although, if Houston becomes involved and Magic are willing to accept draft picks and cap space I could see it happen with Bynum going to Houston and D12 to LA.

Bynum's already said he'll look at Houston during free-agency and some guy on ESPN was saying the Rockets are not too bothered at the moment if he will stay long-term, they just want to get a superstar in Houston.

When his attitude is correct he is a dominating player and performs very well but problem is he hardly has 3-4 games where he plays like a superstar.

Perhaps a change of team will bring a change of attitude. Whether he can lead a team to a title remains to be seen, but I think he does have it in him to be one of the elite players in the league.

E'Twaun Moore had another fine game for the Celtics, I don't doubt he'll be back on the Celtics roster this season, if there was ever any doubt. The Celts beat the Pacers handily, Sullinger had 16 on 7-12 shooting and 8 boards, Moore had 15 with 3 assists, Christmas had 10 pts with 4 boards, 5 assists and 3 steals.

Stephenson started off 2-9 and had two harsh charging calls, but ended up making 5-6 to close out at 7-15, 19 points and 3 assists, but with 6 fouls and 7 turnovers, not a great game, I think he was a bit too excited about his big game yesterday. Plumlee looked good and hit 6-12 for 18, 8 boards and 3 blocks, maybe he wasn't such a bad pick after all.

The NBA is turning into a joke.

I used to actually like Howard. What piece of shit he turned out to be. The NBA is going to be all about these superteams.

I miss the Jordan era.

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reports that the Brooklyn Nets are “progressing” toward a max contract with restricted free agent center Brook Lopez, who was the centerpiece of their offer to the Orlando Magic for Dwight Howard.

Nets president Billy King and Lopez’s agent, Arn Tellem, are finalizing the length of the deal — four years for $58 million, or five years for $78 million — and ironing out protections on the back end to account for a right foot that Lopez broke twice in the past year, sources said.

King is scheduled to travel to Los Angeles on Wednesday to work on completing the deal with Tellem.

Here’s the rub: Once Lopez re-signs, he can’t be traded until December, making it unlikely that Howard would be wearing a Nets uniform on opening night.

Sources tell Wojnarowski that the Nets are starting to believe that Magic general manager Rob Hennigan simply wants to do a deal elsewhere.

“The Nets are pushing hard on Lopez’s deal to apply pressure to Orlando,” Wojnarowski writes, “but there’s nothing left for them to offer Orlando that they haven’t already made available to them.”

Oh Joy! another twist...

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
The Magic informed Dwight Howard that they are suspending trade talks, according to source. Orlando will now focus on their coaching search.

:lol::lol::lol:

Lopez can be signed and traded, but only in a sign-and-trade deal that comes into effect immediately.

Honestly I wouldn't want Lopez on a max deal, it's not even worth taking to get rid of Turkoglu and others. I'd rather have only draft picks, if I was Orlando I might shift Lopez on to the Bobcats who seem to want him for more picks.

ESPN apparently saying the Nets are out of the race to sign D12. Twitter has a picture of Howard in LA apparently with a Lakers baseball cap (it's a yellow hat). Could the saga be nearing a conclusion?

I still don't understand why Howard took the one year extension last year.. This is getting ridiculous.

By the way, it looks like Miami aren't going to sign any centers this Summer, which is pretty bad if Howard ends up in LA. Hell the East won't be a picnic either as we saw this year (people who think it was easy this year for Miami didn't watch the playoffs really).

Boston have improved a lot for next year.

I still don't get why the Lakers would give up Bynum to rent Howard for a year. Surely if Howard wants to go to Brooklyn so badly he'll go next season as a free agent if he doesn't get the trade this season.

I still don't get why the Lakers would give up Bynum to rent Howard for a year. Surely if Howard wants to go to Brooklyn so badly he'll go next season as a free agent if he doesn't get the trade this season.

Bryant needs one more ring, and he doesn't have many attempts left. Besides, when Howard wins a ring with the Lakers he won't want to leave.

He will leave after the third ring.

I think if Howard joins LA he'll be there for the longterm. Once he gets a taste of Hollywood I doubt he would want to leave.

Also there is no guarantee Bynum will sign an extension with LA. The tit said he would consider Cleveland as an option in free agency - really Cleveland over LA?!

Bryant needs one more ring, and he doesn't have many attempts left. Besides, when Howard wins a ring with the Lakers he won't want to leave.

He will leave after the third ring.

It just doesn't seem worth it to me, to bank all that on one season. Howard is a very fickle person to hope to influence.

And NYC has every enticement LA can offer, save the weather, and more besides.

Because there is no guarantee Bynum would sign an extension with us anyway. He says he wants to test the free agency. So if it is coming down to getting one year from Howard and one year with Bynum, then you want to get the better of the two for at least one year.

Because there is no guarantee Bynum would sign an extension with us anyway. He says he wants to test the free agency. So if it is coming down to getting one year from Howard and one year with Bynum, then you want to get the better of the two for at least one year.

Huh, didn't even consider that! Not used to players wanting to leave the Lakers when the Lakers want them, the only one I can think of who did was Shaq.

Huh, didn't even consider that! Not used to players wanting to leave the Lakers when the Lakers want them, the only one I can think of who did was Shaq.

He was forced out by Kobe - he had little choice in the matter. He and Kobe could no longer co-exist, Kobe still had years left, and Shaq was slowing down...

You don't have to tell me, I was in LA at the time. I was even crazy enough to take Kobe's side, I loved his game that much.

Now I wish he'd retire. Life is funny like that.

Of course I'd rather get the good Kobe back, but that's not going to happen.

The Pacers have shown that Larry Bird was actually keeping them from being even stupider, they've traded their starting point guard, Darren Collison, as well as sweetening the deal with Dahntey Jones, for 3rd string Mavs center Ian Mahinmi.

I thought we just drafted Plumlee as the back up center? I thought the whole reason we passed up on players with more potential, like Arnett Moultrie, Perry Jones III and Festus Ezeli is that we wanted someone whose game was polished, a senior like Plumlee that already had the NBA body and discipline from 4 years at Duke to get right in there and play?

We already have Hansbrough, a better version of Plumlee, to back up West, so Plumlee won't be getting minutes there.

Okay, Collison wasn't working out, he's a run and gun PG on a half court team, fine, move him, we did play better when he went down and Hill played PG. But get a frigging player that will have an impact on the team something like Collison could!

Madness.

2011-12 Stats:
Mahimi: 18:41 min, 5.8 pts, 4.7 re, 55% fg, 64% ft, 0.5 blk, 0.2 ast, 0.6 st, 2.9 fouls, 0.8 TO, salary apparently signing $4,000,000 contract

Collison: 31:18 min, 10.4 pts, 3.1 re, 44% fg, 36% 3s, 83% ft, 4.9 ast, 0.8 st, 0.2 blk, 1.7 fouls, 1.9 TO, salary $2,319,344 [espn]

Jones: 16:11 min, 5.3 pts, 1.8 re, 43% fg, 43% 3s, 84% ft, 1.0 ast, 0.4 st, 0.2 blk, 1.8 fouls, 0.7 TO, salary $ 2,700,000 [bastketball-reference]

The only thing Mahinmi is that the others aren't is 6-11 and 230 lbs. But that's actually a bit light for a center.

He won't be signing with Brooklyn as a free agent next summer with Lopez, Johnson, Williams on max deals, and Wallace making big money. There won't be the cap room to sign a free agent without a sign-and-trade.

Nash to wear #10 with the Lake show, in tribute to his favorite footballer :cool:

He's claimed Gerrard and Iniesta as his favorite current players and they wear 8 and Nash supports Spurs the most and was a Hoddle fan. He cannot wear 13 with LA as Wilt Chamberlain did so and that number has since been retired. ;)

http://www.telegram.com/article/20120712/NEWS/107129912/1009

But Nash is a lifelong soccer addict whose first word was “goal,” and he said he chose No. 10 to honor Glenn Hoddle, Zinedine Zidane and other playmakers who wore the number. (Hoddle = Spurs)

http://www.nba.com/suns/news/nash_qa_090625.html

Nash: I think my favorite player is [Andres] Iniesta. He plays in Barcelona. But obviously I'm a soccer fan so I love all those guys. I love Steven Gerrard. A lot of Brazilians and Argentinians. I appreciate a lot of guys.

http://www.educarearizona.org/component/content/article/108-steve-nash-keeps-busy-off-the-court

Nash went to Deutsch, an esteemed ad agency in New York City, for two weeks of talks to help pursue an equity stake in Tottenham Hotspur, his lifelong favorite English Premier League soccer team.

He was forced out by Kobe - he had little choice in the matter. He and Kobe could no longer co-exist, Kobe still had years left, and Shaq was slowing down...

True, and Shaq was the true league MVP in 2004-05 season not Nash. Nash definitely deserved it in 2005-06. But the Lakers had to take the younger player who at that time was arguably the best in the league.

He won't be signing with Brooklyn as a free agent next summer with Lopez, Johnson, Williams on max deals, and Wallace making big money. There won't be the cap room to sign a free agent without a sign-and-trade.

I have a hard time believing that Brooklyn would be so impatient that they wouldn't be happy to wait a season to get Howard, even if that means letting Lopez walk.

Very strange. There have to be a few back door ways for Howard to end up there next season.

Pacers signed DJ Augustine of the Bobcats to a 1 year deal, which I really like, the former starter will be one of the best backups in the league. The Bobcats wanted to get a sign and trade but couldn't get enough interest so they let Augustine go for nothing, which the Pacers have to like.

That explains why they didn't mind getting shorted on the Collison trade, though it's hard to believe they couldn't get someone better than Mahinmi.

Durant is putting on a show for the US, some deadly 3pt shooting. Blake got injured and could miss the Olympics meaning another injury to another big man.

Kobe's created a stir with his comment about this team in comparison to the dream team. Jordan laughed at his comment and most of the press agree with Michael. Does anyone think Kobe was right/wrong to say what he did and would anyone from the current Olympic side make it into the dream team?

Kobe is just talking out of his arse there. No basketball team will match the Dream Team. Not now, not ever!

Kobe is well within his rights to voice an opinion, no matter how dumb that opinion is. The Dream team were untouchable.

11 Hall of Famers...ELEVEN.

The Olympics isn't going to be fair...the three point line where it is means that pretty much everyone on the team can hit them.