Nations League 24/25 | September Internationals (Matchday 1-2)

Wales vs Montenegro has been top drawer. 1980s third division football played in a swamp. :+1:

Could be about six each as well.

To have this guy in front of Wirtz, Havertz, and Musiala... May I interest you in forming a Germanic commonwealth, maybe?

To have this guy in front of Wirtz, Havertz, and Musiala... May I interest you in forming a Germanic commonwealth, maybe?

If you can give us a very good goalkeeper, a central defender and another strong defensive midfielder - we can trade :)

Sad to see Israel in this, happy to see them lose.

I actually thought Norway played some good football in 1st half.

Feels like 25 years since i last saw that...

Depends on the squad. For teams below A a lot. For teams in A that are on the fringes of qualifying from qualifiers it matters a lot as well. It's an extra chance for teams to make it to the big tournaments.

This is how Georgia and North Macedonia made it to the Euros.
Thanks mate.

I'm really looking forward for our traditional clash with the swamp Germans tonight. Rooting for a 6-4 result.

Zirkzee was arguably our best player on saturday. Makes sense to sub him...

I know it's a home game for them, but I hope the sheer arrogance of resting Malen will backfire.

Glad Mainoo is rested. Can’t have him racking up so many minutes this early in the season, at his age. Thought he was brilliant in the first half against Ireland. Such a mature display. Faded, as is often the case with him, as the second half wore on. Just needs to keep developing, steadily, and improve his stamina. He’s already such an intelligent and mature performer.

Only thing that bothers be, is the narrative is already emerging that CM is a problem position for England and all eyes in the media turn to Mainoo. It’s a sort of Scholes syndrome. He’s not a typical English midfielder, nor was Scholes, and he was often sacrificed for someone more archetypical in the English mould; much to the detriment of our team. That hasn’t happened today, with Gomes coming in, but I’ve already read a bunch of articles speculating on how to solve Englands midfield problem and focusing on Mainoo, instead of the instructions given to the players, or - dare I say it - Declan Rice. But of course Rice is a very typical style of English midfielder.

Mainoo and Bellingham are the two players, more than any others, who this England team should be built around.

Anyone notice Ashley Cole doing another Roma style awkward team photo?

Gomes looks very comfortable playing that deep role. He is getting into good positions to recycle the ball. Its something I hope Kobbie can get better at in terms of finding space better and getting more involved with play.