Nasri To City - Done Deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wenger is saying "no chance" to United to satisfy the baying Gooner fans. He's a prudently minded manager and will sell to us if the right price is paid and if the player says he wants to join us.

Probably best not to use the term 'no chance' before selling then.

Not the best way to go about satisfying the baying Gooner fans. :D

Honestly still think hell stay on at arsenal. They've developed a habit of letting their players go and at times to rivals but nasri is far better than those players and even more important to them given fabregas leaving seems inevitable.

Isn't Sir Bobby known to be a bit cantankerous? It may have skewed my opinion slightly because he ignored me as an autograph hunting kid.

I don't see why we have to assume great players are great people?

Sir Bobby on Nasri (SSN): "I'll leave the negotiations to others, but if he wants to come here, he has to appreciate the history of the club."

I actually agree with sir bobby. If a player had more passion about our club instead of money then it wouldn't be a bad thing.

Shame Tevez never got to learn about the history of United. If he had then I'm sure he would of done everything to stay.

My ideal conclusion to this midfielder merry-go-round nonsense is Nasri to City, Modric to stay at Spurs, Fabregas to Barca and us to get Sneijder :drool:

I'm drooling at that, because Arse will be much weaker, Nasri is okay but wont enhance City to any dangerous levels, ditto re Barca - whereas we'll be strengthened hugely !

I actually agree with sir bobby. If a player had more passion about our club instead of money then it wouldn't be a bad thing.

Shame Tevez never got to learn about the history of United. If he had then I'm sure he would of done everything to stay.

Nah, the "always be the highest paid player" clause is one he would not get at United.

Little shite!

Maybe Wenger is discounting the threat of City and Chelsea, and believes Arsenal & United are genuine title rivals. Perhaps this is why he's (allegedly) not keen on selling Nasri to us.

The meticulous Arsene Wenger discounting City and Chelsea as a threat? Nah.

YY5Mn.jpg

Same goes for Liverpool, but the stance is the same. The would prefer not to sell us their best players..

We're still rivals with Liverpool because they are a Northern club and until last season, the most successful club in the country

Why would we be rivals with Arsenal? Because for a short space of time we were title rivals? Because a few former players didnt get along?

Football has moved on. We're no longer title rivals, so we're no longer rivals

Great player but a bit of a tool.

Shame Wenker isn't held in the same esteem by his players and fans, as Charlton is by ours. Nasri and Fabregas are the latest in a long line of people to disrespect his importance. In fact he's beginning to look like an all-round buffoon....a figure of derision, nay a village idiot, rather than a legend.

Alright, I think we know what the Caf opinion on Pete's comment. But the responses are continuing to drag the thread off topic.

Tevez cant read by the looks of it & doesnt seem bothered trying to learn either. His kids are more educated than he is - that says it all. He's just a selfish feck and a Gayfish yo... a motherfeckin Gayfish y'all!

Alright, I think we know what the Caf opinion on Pete's comment. But the responses are continuing to drag the thread off topic.

Easy there, internet police.

There's nothing wrong in calling Pete out on it in a thread involving United poaching one of Arsenals better players, when all he has to offer in response to his bruised ego is to slag a man that is generally held in high esteem by even those that don't follow this club.

Cantankerous? Maybe so. Genuine legend of not only United, but football as a whole? Without a doubt.

Easy there, internet police.

There's nothing wrong in calling Pete out on it in a thread involving United poaching one of Arsenals better players, when all he has to offer in response to his bruised ego is to slag a man that is generally held in high esteem by even those that don't follow this club.

Cantankerous? Maybe so. Genuine legend of not only United, but football as a whole? Without a doubt.

I stopped reading at the bold part.

Ive been asking this for years, somebody obviously likes him, he is in the same crop of posters as scholesy and glaston yet he gets a free pass. fecked if I know why! :confused:

see what I mean?

see what I mean?

Do you see what you mean?

We're constantly being told the forum is suffering etc. and when we do try to bring the discussion back to football you whine about it?

I'm not taking issue with people calling pete on what was a daft comment but numerous people have done it now, it's ruining this thread and pete doesn't seem inclined to respond. Not to mention that Wibble asked him to stop well before half of the people in here decided to moan.

We're constantly being told the forum is suffering etc. and when we do try to bring the discussion back to football you whine about it?

I'm not taking issue with people calling pete on what was a daft comment but numerous people have done it now, it's ruining this thread and pete doesn't seem inclined to respond. Not to mention that Wibble asked him to stop well before half of the people in here decided to moan.

He deserves more abuse than he got for that. If it was Scholsey there would have been two pages mocking him and the noone would have uttered a word to calm it down.

Shame Wenker isn't held in the same esteem by his players and fans, as Charlton is by ours. Nasri and Fabregas are the latest in a long line of people to disrespect his importance. In fact he's beginning to look like an all-round buffoon....a figure of derision, nay a village idiot, rather than a legend.

Peterstorey or Wenger? :)

Well call him out on it ffs! Its one thing to be slagging off each others teams or supporters but to make a comment like that about an elderly gentleman who happens to be a club legend is going too far!

Isn't Sir Bobby known to be a bit cantankerous? It may have skewed my opinion slightly because he ignored me as an autograph hunting kid.

Touche................ when I went to talk to him as a youngster and he completely blanked me he changed from Bobby Charlton to an ignorant bald **** as far as I was concerned...........

Sir Bobby Charlton believes Samir Nasri 'will not think about any other club' if The Red Devils come calling.

I'm sure he'll appreciate our club's history, but he won't ever appreciate the club they way Vidic, Hernandez or Evra do. He has after all an Arsenal background.

To me, he will always be that gooner. I would rather sign a player who has not played for Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool or City.

You should wake up a bit and stop being so naive.

People can rattle on about histroy all they like - but players are "professional" i.e. they make a living out of football and while they will be no doubt be appreciative of a club's history they care about two things - continued success and how much money they're getting paid.

They don't stick around because they're United fans - hence why even those players you mention may leave the club for another big club at some stage in the future.

If Nasri signs for United its because the deal is good and he has a chance of winning things, and given the latter I'd think he'll probably give it his all and thats really all you can ask.

Probably best not to use the term 'no chance' before selling then.

Not the best way to go about satisfying the baying Gooner fans. :D

Well, Fergie said he wouldn't sell Real a virus. Then he sold them Ronaldo.

A manager will say a lot of things at a certain time. But circumstances change. At the time Wenger said that, he probably didn't really think Nasri may push for a move to United at all, so it was easy to say there's no chance. I'd like to see him say it now.

You should wake up a bit and stop being so naive.

People can rattle on about histroy all they like - but players are "professional" i.e. they make a living out of football and while they will be no doubt be appreciative of a club's history they care about two things - continued success and how much money they're getting paid.

They don't stick around because they're United fans - hence why even those players you mention may leave the club for another big club at some stage in the future.

If Nasri signs for United its because the deal is good and he has a chance of winning things, and given the latter I'd think he'll probably give it his all and thats really all you can ask.

Even if their main motivation is their career and sustaining an income from the game they also have to think of their career after they retire. United players, because they play for an illustrious club which continue to win things must have the highest profile of those who play for English clubs to favour them in a football related career after the game. Many of the players who play for us and absorb the winning ethos become successful top flight coaches. Players like Beckham and Ronaldo have made millions because of their association with us. Others gain great respect and take on jobs in the media.

Players who join the plastic no-history clubs are generally seen as mercenaries and overpaid pricks - see your John Terrys, Ashley Coles etc. They may make a bomb whilst selling their arses for some tin pot outfit which has been propelled into a false position by a corrupt sugar daddy, but afterwards do they command the same respect? Tevez is the latest in a line of players who have come across as a bit of a twat, and an object of ridicule with his 'I want to move closer to my family' bollocks

Status
Not open for further replies.