Nasri To City - Done Deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir Bobby on Nasri (SSN): "I'll leave the negotiations to others, but if he wants to come here, he has to appreciate the history of the club."

Geez everyone's really getting in on this huh. When's the last time Bobby actually commented on a transfer rumour.

Don't we usually complain when players try to force transfers?

He's not really forcing a transfer through ie has 4 years left on his contract. If he isn't going to sign a new contract it's up to him, with it being up to Arsenal to either let him go on a free or cash in.

Sir Bobby on Nasri (SSN): "I'll leave the negotiations to others, but if he wants to come here, he has to appreciate the history of the club."

I'm sure he'll appreciate our club's history, but he won't ever appreciate the club they way Vidic, Hernandez or Evra do. He has after all an Arsenal background.

To me, he will always be that gooner. I would rather sign a player who has not played for Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool or City.

I'm sure he'll appreciate our club's history, but he won't ever appreciate the club they way Vidic, Hernandez or Evra do. He has after all an Arsenal background.

To me, he will always be that gooner. I would rather sign a player who has not played for Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool or City.

I dont think that's fair. I think as soon as he signed he'd appreciate exactly what he was part of now - Arsenal would be a distant memory, and rightly so.

Like Andy Cole?

Obviously we don't always wait and find out if the player definitely wants to play for us then.

I didn't say always.

Announcing that we had signed Aaron Ramsey and finding out if the player definitely wants to play for us before making a formal bid are two different things anyway.

Why are people acting as though us and Arsenal are big rivals? Christ, that ship sailed long ago...

Same goes for Liverpool, but the stance is the same. The would prefer not to sell us their best players..

Aaron Ramsey almost certainly did want to play for us but changed his mind when Arsenal came in with an offer of better wages at the last minute.

So he's hardly a good example of United bidding on a player without making sure he wanted to play for us first.

Same goes for Liverpool, but the stance is the same. The would prefer not to sell us their best players..

The Liverpool rivalry is historical, geographical and far more deep-seated than Arsenal. We're only considered their rivals because of our on-pitch battles with them in recent years. There's no where near the same level of invective, certainly not from our side. They'd be utter imbeciles to be happy to flog to City, but not us. We'd be strong even irrespective but they'd be weaker relative to City (one of their direct rivals).

Aaron Ramsey almost certainly did want to play for us but changed his mind when Arsenal came in with an offer of better wages at the last minute.

So he's hardly a good example of United bidding on a player without making sure he wanted to play for us first.

Not to forget the fact that Wenger personally went and talked to him, whereas we sent Gaz.

The Liverpool rivalry is historical, geographical and far more deep-seated than Arsenal. We're only considered their rivals because of our on-pitch battles with them in recent years. There's no where near the same level of invective, certainly not from our side. They'd be utter imbeciles to be happy to flog to City, but not us. We'd be strong even irrespective but they'd be weaker relative to City (one of their direct rivals).

The funny thing is that I'm sure Wenger despises City a whole lot more than us.

Just reading Sir Bobby's comments, has something given him the impression that Nasri doesn't appreciate the history of the club? The fact he is talking openly about Nasri suggests we must be genuinely interested rather than it all just being media creation.

There's not many players from either Pool or Arsenal that i'd take.. says how far ahead of them we are!

Hmmm, that has got me thinking.

Liverpool..... nobody..... although Konchesky and Cole did make me chuckle.

Arsenal ...... Nasri, Wilshere, Fabregas, Van Persie.

Would you blame them? It's OK being sanctimonious but would any of us here in this day and age turn down a huge increase in wages to move to a different company?

That example is over-used man. There's a massive difference playin football for a living than workin a proper job. I take your point tho about footballers, but footballers shouldnt come out with statements regarding money not being important etc, then signing for a club for exactly those reasons. Its good to see/hear a footballer coming to a club for the right reasons like Berba did coming to us instead of City, who were offering him shit-loads more!

Maybe Wenger is discounting the threat of City and Chelsea, and believes Arsenal & United are genuine title rivals. Perhaps this is why he's (allegedly) not keen on selling Nasri to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.