Nasri To City - Done Deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a plan.

Get Nasri to sign a pre-contract agreement to come to us next year on a free, and then we can really have a good laugh at Arse. It would serve them right tbh...

We couldn't do that until January though. If we dont sign him in this window, someone else will. They'd be getting a fantastic young footballer.

Sounds like a plan.

Get Nasri to sign a pre-contract agreement to come to us next year on a free, and then we can really have a good laugh at Arse. It would serve them right tbh...
the earliest he can do that though is at christmas...

this also gives you an indication of his main motivator - money

city will offer over 200k a week, chelsea, barca and madrid probably 150k a week so it will be even harder to compete

Sounds like a plan.

protracted saga may affect the relationship of the two concerned clubs. pre-contract agreement is good.

That's what I would have always thought, that ultimately the player holds all the cards but our steadfast refusal to allow Heinze join Liverpool does seem to indicate that the club the player is contracted to still has a major say in their next destination.

As far as I know this issue haven't been tested in EU court.

Let's say a legally correct contracted player hypothetically refuse to play for his current club in order to change to a new club. No matter circumstances, going by today's rules, UEFA/FA would refuse him to get a new registration.

That means that the player had to see his contract out, if his club is not willing to sell or terminate his contract.

But what happened if the player take this to court and point to EU laws? Then UEFA would have a serious problem.

For example. Let's say Cesc Fabregas immediately want to move back to his home because his father has a life threatening sickness and he want to live closer to his father. The question is can Arsenal and the UEFA refuse him to play (and earn money) for his local team/Barcelona, even if he has time left on his current contract? Isn't he free under our current EU laws to work where he want's, if it's inside EU?

Today the club holds all the cards. Off course it's economical madness to hold on to a player who don't want to play for you but with new wealthy owners this unwritten rules became irrelevant if these rich clubs want to make a stance.

I'm not 100% sure if I'm right regarding this but please feel free to help me if you know more what's correct in this matter.

This is a pretty good article analysing Nasri when playing in the middle of the park. It's too long for me to put in quotes though.

An analysis of Samir Nasri and how he could fit in at Manchester United - The Busby Babe

Notice that he mentions that he prefers playing in the centre rather than the wings:
"That's where I play best, that's how I was formed. In every age group at every level, I often played through the middle. I've been playing out wide for two years with Arsenal but feel more at ease in the centre of the pitch."

SkySportsPeteO Pete O'Rourke
French newspaper L’Equipe claims Arsenal have rejected a first offer from Manchester United for Samir Nasri.

Nothing we don't already know though..

Arsenal would be stupid to do that. They should be taking the £20m now so they can get a replacement in and get him into pre-season training.

they haven't given up hope of keeping him though hence their refusal to sell.

Top football agent Phil Smith has claimed Samir Nasri will definitely leave Arsenal this summer – and has his pick of Manchester clubs.

The Frenchman has been linked with both City and United recently with the Red Devils offering £20million for the midfielder.

Smith though told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast show that the Citizens’ wealth might play a factor in any deal.

He said: “I think Arsenal would sell him to anyone but Manchester United. The money may talk with Manchester City lurking and offering £150,000 per week.

“I think he’ll go but it could easily be either of them [Man United or Man City].

“Arsenal have to make a decision, £20million now or nothing at the end of the year.”

Radio: Smith: Nasri will definitely leave this summer and has pick of Manchester clubs | Radio talkSPORT

the earliest he can do that though is at christmas...

this also gives you an indication of his main motivator - money

city will offer over 200k a week, chelsea, barca and madrid probably 150k a week so it will be even harder to compete

That's not neccessarily the case - if clubs can't get a player they like in a transfer window, they generally move on to other targets - especially if they have the money.

For example, Chelsea may go and sign Modric if they can't get Nasri now, and that will no doubt be on said players mind if he's looking for a specific move.

Also - I thought you could only sign pre contract agreements with foregin clubs in the January?

Let's say a legally correct contracted player hypothetically refuse to play for his current club in order to change to a new club. No matter circumstances, going by today's rules, UEFA/FA would refuse him to get a new registration.

That means that the player had to see his contract out, if his club is not willing to sell or terminate his contract.

But what happened if the player take this to court and point to EU laws? Then UEFA would have a serious problem.

For example. Let's say Cesc Fabregas immediately want to move back to his home because his father has a life threatening sickness and he want to live closer to his father. The question is can Arsenal and the UEFA refuse him to play (and earn money) for his local team/Barcelona, even if he has time left on his current contract? Isn't he free under our current EU laws to work where he want's, if it's inside EU?

Today the club holds all the cards. Off course it's economical madness to hold on to a player who don't want to play for you but with new wealthy owners this unwritten rules became irrelevant if these rich clubs want to make a stance.

I'm not 100% sure if I'm right regarding this but please feel free to help me if you know more what's correct in this matter.

My view - from a legal point of view - is that once you sign your contract you are held to the terms. These are "professional" footballers, and as such this is a business transaction.

A player can do what he likes in terms of refusing to play for a club, but if he is in breach of contract he can be sued by the club who will hold his registration in order that he can't play for another club.

Given that he will have cost them a significant sum of money they stand to suffer a "loss" if he's not playing and providing that loss can be quantified can sue for damages, as well as not paying his wages.

I'm certain EU courts would not want to get involved with contractual wrangles - provided everything was above board. Indeed if it wasnt above board and any misrepresentation and/or fraud had taken place the member state's law caters for such instances in any event. Fact is, if you start messing with contracts in football the legal effects across businesses of all types could be catastrophic.

In any event, by the time said player got this to the European Courts their career would probably be over.

You are of course correct that clubs will rarely want an unhappy plaer, especially with limited time on his contract who is essentially a "depreciating" asset.

What a player can do is to buy his contract out. The contract is there as a financial securing - amongst other things - for the club to get financial compensation should the contract be terminated while active. Likewise, the contract guarantees the player financial compensation for the work he puts through for a club.

I don't know what EU laws a player could point towards - after all, he's the one breaching the contract - but regardless of the outcome, the club will seek and most definitely be granted financial compensation.

Top football agent Phil Smith has claimed Samir Nasri will definitely leave Arsenal this summer – and has his pick of Manchester clubs.

The Frenchman has been linked with both City and United recently with the Red Devils offering £20million for the midfielder.

Smith though told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast show that the Citizens’ wealth might play a factor in any deal.

He said: “I think Arsenal would sell him to anyone but Manchester United. The money may talk with Manchester City lurking and offering £150,000 per week.

“I think he’ll go but it could easily be either of them [Man United or Man City].

“Arsenal have to make a decision, £20million now or nothing at the end of the year.”

Radio: Smith: Nasri will definitely leave this summer and has pick of Manchester clubs | Radio talkSPORT

'top agent' my arse....

So a "top agent" is saying Arsenal will sell Nasri to "anyone but" us, but he could "easily" end up at United.

Genius insight.

Utter drivel...

I suspect Wenger will want to have Nasri at the club as they try for new additions. Would you as a footballer want to join a good team, thats sellin its two best players? Wenger will probably be tellin prospective players: "Oui - Nasreeeeee is staying & soooooo is Cesc... Oui Oui..."

There is no way Arsenal will let him leave on a free, regardless of what Wenger says.

Not having a pop, but its mental how mad a sentence can sound with just two letters missing.. :angel:

I like to blame the cat for tripping all over the laptop. And you are right, that sentence should burn in hell. :lol:

Hopefully people get the "idea" of that slur.

Punditry..:rolleyes:

Please tell me something I can't figure out myself.

I like to blame the cat for tripping all over the laptop. And you are right, that sentence should burn in hell. :lol:

Hopefully people get the "idea" of that slur.

Not the first time you've had pussy on your laptop eh? :D

Ah yeah, Nasri will look like a plank if he ends up at City after his "titles - more than money" speech, but as one poster mentioned a few pages back - nothing would surprise about the modern footballer, many (or most) of them are money-hungry souless twats that couldnt give a feck about winning Cups aslong as the bank balance is bustin out...

According to a report in the Daily Mail this morning, Arsene Wenger has unleashed a curse on Manchester United after they tried to poach Samir Nasri.

A condition of the curse being lifted is that the Old Trafford outfit provide Wenger with his own water slide, and a trampoline.

Ah yeah, Nasri will look like a plank if he ends up at City after his "titles - more than money" speech, but as one poster mentioned a few pages back - nothing would surprise about the modern footballer, many (or most) of them are money-hungry souless twats that couldnt give a feck about winning Cups aslong as the bank balance is bustin out...

Would you blame them? It's OK being sanctimonious but would any of us here in this day and age turn down a huge increase in wages to move to a different company?

Wanted by Manchester City, United & Chelsea – is Arsenal’s Samir Nasri really worth all the fuss?
With the Frenchman seemingly set to leave this summer, we looked at the stats to determine exactly what Arsene Wenger's side would lose, and their rivals would gain
8 Jul 2011 13:00:00

Forget Barcelona’s seemingly eternal flirtation with Arsenal skipper Cesc Fabregas, this year’s transfer saga of the summer surrounds Samir Nasri, with Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United all believed to be in the running for the Frenchman.

The former Marseille man was one of the stars of last season’s Premier League and with only 12 months left on his Gunners contract looks almost certain to leave the Emirates for pastures new.

But just what exactly will Arsene Wenger’s side be losing should the diminutive midfielder leave and what in turn would their rivals be set to acquire? Goal.com dusted off the calculators and abacuses to find out.

"If he looks back he can see that he's come quite a long way with us, and I think there is still a bit to do. It's the club that makes the player's career." - Arsene Wenger

So is Arsene right? Is there still room for improvement? From the statistics, it appears so - when compared to the armoury of his suitors, and even some of his current team-mates at Arsenal.

Castrol Football reveals that no player in the Premier League completed more successful passes in the final third than the Frenchman last season, with a grand total of 601.

A top effort from the Arsenal man, but in a side often condemned as well as adored for their ‘tippy tappy’ football, just how many of those made any significant impact?

For starters, of those 601 said passes, only ONE directly resulted in a goal for Arsenal. Of course, as the astute football fan will know, it is not always the assist which makes the goal, as a passage of play may contain one defence-splitting pass to set a winger on their way, a key pass.

MIDFIELD MAESTROS | How Nasri compares to the best at the top four

NASRI
ARSENAL CHELSEA MAN CITY
MAN UTD

GOALS
Walcott
Lampard
Y Toure
Nani

ASSISTS
1 Arshavin
Lampard
Silva
Nani

SHOT
ACCURACY 41.9%
Arshavin
45.6% Lampard
56.3%
Silva
25% Nani
38.2%

TOTAL PASSES
1468 Wilshere
Essien
2275 Y Toure
Carrick
KEY PASSES 57
Fabregas
61 Lampard
Silva
66 Nani

But even there, Nasri trails in behind the best contributors at City and United last season, and even behind his own team-mate and captain Cesc Fabregas, who notched up 61 key passes. While his total of 57 is seven better than Frank Lampard's, the Chelsea midfielder supplied four assists during the campaign.

In terms of goals scored, Nasri contributed 10 league strikes - matched only by Lampard, a player renowned for getting goals from midfield. But whilst a double figure return is a decent amount for a midfielder – especially one who seldom takes set pieces – placing him alongside the England international, who only featured in 24 of Chelsea's matches last season compared to Nasri's 30 appearances, is slightly misleading.

Of Nasri's 52 attempts at goal last season, only 41.9% tested the goalkeeper, whereas the Chelsea midfielder found the target with 56.3% of his 55 efforts. Nonetheless, this was a vastly more economical return than Nani's, with the Manchester United man's accuracy falling to 38.2%, scoring one less goal than Nasri - despite unleashing a staggering 102 efforts at goal.

What the stats don't show...

In Nasri, Wenger holds a readymade replacement for Fabregas – should he leave the Emirates this summer.

Whilst few fans would omit one of the pair if constructing ‘Arsenal’s best XI’, both excel in the same position, and it was during the Spaniard’s spell on the sidelines that Nasri produced his best form of the season.

Deputising for his skipper in the middle of the park, Arsenal’s No.8 bagged six of his 10 Premier League goals. His performances were of the highest calibre, with our reporters lavishing him as ‘Arsenal's saviour’ in Fabregas’ absence.

So often Arsenal have been condemned to defeat without their skipper, but Nasri, at times, has shown that he is equally important to the pulse of the team.

These are the qualities which will have once given Wenger comfort as he prepares for the post-Cesc era, but now are the bait luring in the big-fish rivals. And with only 12 months remaining on his contract, the prospect of signing the Frenchman on the cheap is one which few clubs would turn down.

Well which is it then? :rolleyes:

Steam-rolling here, aren't we? :lol:

Yeah it's somewhat worrying. I think it was a Chelsea player - or perhaps even one of our own players - who spoke about the younger lads in the club running around with fancy watches and cars and having their minds completely set wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.