Naby Keita

He's the archetypal Klopp midfielder. Runs a lot. Brainless. Loads of energy and stamina. Quick. Poor creatively.

I'm guessing you've not seen a lot of him?

He's really quite creative and anything but brainless. He'll adapt to the league and he'll be quality.

He’s a good player but there has been big hype job on him maybe because he has taken Gerrard’s number.

I'm guessing you've not seen a lot of him?

He's really quite creative and anything but brainless. He'll adapt to the league and he'll be quality.
I'll take next week's lottery numbers while you're at it.

I think he's decent, will be a good player for 'pool for the next few seasons

With all respect, Fred has been better than Keita, especially considering he came from Ukraine league, not one of top 5 leagues in Europe. I know they all need time to adapt but I see nothing special in Keita, anonymous and quiet. Fred would show up everywhere on the pitch, trying to get balls, demand balls and try risk pass and doesn't need to take few touches to pass, apparently, he has one of the best accuracy pass rates and quickest passers of any midfielder in the league.

Every Club tend to get few signings wrong from time to time , Liverpool seem to be getting most of their big signings right of late hopefully Keita may prove to be dud but it's too early to write off any player signed this summer give them atleast a season before labelling them flop.

This isn't an Ox thread and I'm an Arsenal fan so I'm probably biased but I really did not see all of the hype with Ox last season, overrated.

In fact for all of Klopp's talk about adapting to his system and playing his way. I didn't see a different Ox to the one that played for Arsenal. Yes he had a few great games but he did that for us as well. He didn't need to "unlearn" the Arsenal style of "pass-pass-pass" because he was never that type of player.

I'm not sure if he can ever fulfill his potential because he just keeps on getting injured.

Agree. The Ox showed a very high level throughout his career for periods but has an appalling injury record and prolonged periods of bad form.

Agree. The Ox showed a very high level throughout his career for periods but has an appalling injury record and prolonged periods of bad form.

As an Arsenal fan, I don't think this is really true. He never showed a very high level for periods. What he showed was tremendous potential based on certain tools - mainly his physical ability and ball technique - that never really translated into production on the field. The biggest problem is that his finishing and final ball are completely awful and have never improved, which is an insurmountable limitation for an attacker. He still has never scored more than 2 league goals in a season.

Klopp may get more of him because he has moved him into central midfield, where his lack of ability to put the ball in the net or see/make the final pass in a move hurt him less. But he can only really succeed in a certain type of tactical setup, like Klopp's, that favors central midfielders who can press and outrun their counterparts more than central midfielders who can pass and control matches.

Hasn't hit the ground running but it is too early to write him off. Think he will be good for Liverpool.

Been pretty poor so far, but writing him off is silly. Just like Ox and Robertson he’ll need time to adjust to a very different setup and in his case a different league. I’m sure he’ll prove his worth in time. Luckily we aren’t dependant on him as the other midfielders have done fine.

He’s a good player. Fabinho is shite, though.

He does not fit their style of play he would be better at PSG or Atletico.

PSG and Atletico are very different, no? I agree he might not be suited to Liverpool - maybe if Klopp switched to a 4-2-3-1 it might help him; he's decent in a double pivot.

PSG and Atletico are very different, no? I agree he might not be suited to Liverpool - maybe if Klopp switched to a 4-2-3-1 it might help him; he's decent in a double pivot.

Yeah but, he would walk into PSG's side right now simply because they do not have a DM besides Diarra.

He always tries to play the killer through ball, every single time. He needs to learn how to be patient and when to play simple.

He definitely does have the talent.

He always tries to play the killer through ball, every single time. He needs to learn how to be patient and when to play simple.

He definitely does have the talent.

That was his biggest flaw at Leipzeg, was very eager to go forward and make something happen, lacked patience. It fitted Leipzeg's fast paced counter attacking system but in a team that wants to use possession more, it can look worse. That being said, Liverpool play at a faster pace than most teams and therefore I think it will start to work better in time. You sometimes need an eager player like that to quicken the pace against defensive teams, rather than being too slow and passive.

Certainly a fantastically talented player

He’s shown on odd occasions how good he can been since his arrival at Liverpool, but he’s still yet to mature into this league and Klopp system but there have been good signs.

It’s only December and his first season in the EPL, some hit off, others grow into it, I’ve seen enough to be confident in his ability and that he will get better and better.

I’m happy with him

who cares.... he wins the ball alot in midfield. then when he wins the ball and is crowed is comfortable.

Certainly a fantastically talented player

He’s shown on odd occasions how good he can been since his arrival at Liverpool, but he’s still yet to mature into this league and Klopp system but there have been good signs.

It’s only December and his first season in the EPL, some hit off, others grow into it, I’ve seen enough to be confident in his ability and that he will get better and better.

I’m happy with him

Is he though? I'm yet to see this in the English game, and plenty of players have arrived from other leagues and simply not been a good fit.

He hasn't scored or assisted once, in an attacking side where he often is playing pretty high up the pitch and he was signed to add a creative drive to your midfield. That's pretty awful, I get that he's been in and out of the team but he's had a few starts and a number of sub appearances where you'd have expected him to make a crucial contribution at least once. I get that he's a central midfielder and that isn't his primary job, but he did it pretty well at Leipzig and it's not like he's anything like a Kante type, he's very much an attack minded midfielder.

So far I haven't seen anything to impress me. Certainly I see him as the worst of your summer signings, and I expected him to be the best to be honest, since the hype around him was pretty significant. Of course he should be given time to settle and can't be rationally judged so quickly, but thus far I can't see how he's been anything less than a disappointment.

Is he though? I'm yet to see this in the English game, and plenty of players have arrived from other leagues and simply not been a good fit.

He hasn't scored or assisted once, in an attacking side where he often is playing pretty high up the pitch and he was signed to add a creative drive to your midfield. That's pretty awful, I get that he's been in and out of the team but he's had a few starts and a number of sub appearances where you'd have expected him to make a crucial contribution at least once. I get that he's a central midfielder and that isn't his primary job, but he did it pretty well at Leipzig and it's not like he's anything like a Kante type, he's very much an attack minded midfielder.

So far I haven't seen anything to impress me. Certainly I see him as the worst of your summer signings, and I expected him to be the best to be honest, since the hype around him was pretty significant. Of course he should be given time to settle and can't be rationally judged so quickly, but thus far I can't see how he's been anything less than a disappointment.

Re: the bolded. No, that's not why he was signed. He's not a creative attacking midfielder. He's an "all rounder", a box to box midfielder, who literally can do it all. Personally, I don't think he's been played in his best position very often this year and he certainly wasn't against Utd. As Klopp said, he played in the "left half-space" which is usually the position that Mane plays in, although Keita didn't play as high as Mane usually does.