Mykhaylo Mudryk

The lad has forgotten how to play the game. Utterly bereft of any confidence. Resembles a deer in head lights
That confidence is what it’s all about for me. In his season before joining us he looked straight up arrogant on the pitch he was so confident. Pace, power, extremely skillful, beating players in space for fun. In the UCL against big teams, too. Then when he gets here he looks super timid and terrified of failure.

Reminds me a bit of what happened with Timo Werner. Timo was absolutely unreal in the season before joining us and then when he got here he lost confidence. But at least Timo did at least score and assist a decent amount and worked his ass off.

It’s kind of shocking how many of the most expensive wide attacking players that have come to the PL recently have completely flopped. Mudryk, Pepe, Antony, Sancho. Crazy how great all of them looked and then their levels dropped through the floor.

The lad has forgotten how to play the game. Utterly bereft of any confidence. Resembles a deer in head lights

He desperately needs a loan. Starting a game here and there, then a couple of 10-20 minute cameos does nothing to build his confidence. Chelsea need to bite the bullet on Mudryk and accept he’s not what they hoped he would be, and he needs a loan. He won’t reach any kind of level at Chelsea having to fight tooth and nail for limited minutes. He needs regular minutes.

That confidence is what it’s all about for me. In his season before joining us he looked straight up arrogant on the pitch he was so confident. Pace, power, extremely skillful, beating players in space for fun. In the UCL against big teams, too. Then when he gets here he looks super timid and terrified of failure.

Reminds me a bit of what happened with Timo Werner. Timo was absolutely unreal in the season before joining us and then when he got here he lost confidence. But at least Timo did at least score and assist a decent amount and worked his ass off.

It’s kind of shocking how many of the most expensive wide attacking players that have come to the PL recently have completely flopped. Mudryk, Pepe, Antony, Sancho. Crazy how great all of them looked and then their levels dropped through the floor.
I suppose Mudryk came from Ukraine, Pepe from Ligue 1, Antony from Eredivisie. It's a big jump up to the PL sometimes, maybe better for some players to go to a Wolves or Brighton first rather than having the pressure of the 'big' club too early.

He never wanted to be at Chelsea. His club gave him no choice due to the insane bid and the money Chelsea were throwing at them. Almost all sources at the time said he never wanted to go to Chelsea and wanted Arsenal, his own Instagram stories at the time said the exact same thing.

Then when he does end up at Chelsea the club is a total mess and no footballer in their right mind would come at the club right now when they're signing dozens of players every transfer window. Its obvious why he has no confidence.

Kind of reminds me of Robinho, who mistakenly said Chelsea at his first City press conference.

He never wanted to be at Chelsea. His club gave him no choice due to the insane bid and the money Chelsea were throwing at them. Almost all sources at the time said he never wanted to go to Chelsea and wanted Arsenal, his own Instagram stories at the time said the exact same thing.

Then when he does end up at Chelsea the club is a total mess and no footballer in their right mind would come at the club right now when they're signing dozens of players every transfer window. Its obvious why he has no confidence.

Kind of reminds me of Robinho, who mistakenly said Chelsea at his first City press conference.
Agreed on never wanting to be there, that never works out well. Look at Di Maria at United.

Arsenal are glad you got Trossard now instead, he had been great like Mudryk in a smaller league but proved it in the PL over a few years. Mudryk was just devastating pace for Shakhtar but sometimes there's an assumption that those sorts of players will learn and refine the rest of the game as they get older but not always.

The difference between what Arsenal and Chelsea were offering in terms of transfer fee and wages was minuscule. Shakhtar got a more favourable payment structure from Chelsea but overall package was not too dissimilar.

Arsenal fans that keeping beating this dead horse are honestly very weird.

The difference between what Arsenal and Chelsea were offering in terms of transfer fee and wages was minuscule. Shakhtar got a more favourable payment structure from Chelsea but overall package was not too dissimilar.

Fits the vibe of the rest of "ArtetasHair"'s posts. Lots of these annoying Arsenal fans have spawned recently.

I'm guessing Arsenal weren't offering him an 8 and a half year contract though. If I'm being offered similar wages but one of them is spread over 8.5 years then I'm taking that one to protect myself for almost a decade in case of any career threatening injuries later on down the line.

Fits the vibe of the rest of "ArtetasHair"'s posts. Lots of these annoying Arsenal fans have spawned recently.
Which other posts of mine? As a lot of them are good debates with some United fans agreeing with them. And any posts about United itself have been fair with no insults about United, along with acknowledgements of my respectfor your club. I've been a lurker on this forum for 15 years, and a member for a year, if you've got a problem with my posts then report them or have the decency to reply to me yourself.

Yeah no. We aren't offering him a decade long deal nor the millions you were. 5 10 million difference is a lot and if you even follow Mudryks own social media at the time he never wanted Chelsea at all.

Not sure why this is a thorny issue?

I'm guessing Arsenal weren't offering him an 8 and a half year contract though. If I'm being offered similar wages but one of them is spread over 8.5 years then I'm taking that one to protect myself for almost a decade in case of any career threatening injuries later on down the line.

Of course yes, but if Shakhtar had accepted Arsenal’s bid and not ours, he’d be an Arsenal player. The difference in the end was about 5m but with a better payment structure (my guess is that means a huge of the fee upfront).

Yeah no. We aren't offering him a decade long deal nor the millions you were. 5 10 million difference is a lot and if you even follow Mudryks own social media at the time he never wanted Chelsea at all.

Not sure why this is a thorny issue?

It was well reported at the time the difference in the transfer fee wasn’t a lot at all, certainly not enough for Arsenal to claim with a straight face they were blown out of the water by what Chelsea.

Mudryk was twerking for Leverkusen when they were linked with him, before Arsenal’s interest became public, so I doubt he has any particular affinity for Arsenal. He just wanted to get the feck out of the Ukrainian league.

He desperately needs a loan. Starting a game here and there, then a couple of 10-20 minute cameos does nothing to build his confidence. Chelsea need to bite the bullet on Mudryk and accept he’s not what they hoped he would be, and he needs a loan. He won’t reach any kind of level at Chelsea having to fight tooth and nail for limited minutes. He needs regular minutes.
I believe there is a player in there. IMO he needs a loan in england were he is guaranteed game time. Just to revive his self belief.

Yup, he desperately needs a manager and team to invest in him and show him some patience and love in order to build back his confidence, and that's just not feasible at Chelsea currently. It kind of reminds me of Salah when he first joined Chelsea. Surely some team in the bottom half would be interested in him?

Far too many.
Feel free to report my posts or debate me yourself. Thanks
It was well reported at the time the difference in the transfer fee wasn’t a lot at all, certainly not enough for Arsenal to claim with a straight face they were blown out of the water by what Chelsea.

Mudryk was twerking for Leverkusen when they were linked with him, before Arsenal’s interest became public, so I doubt he has any particular affinity for Arsenal. He just wanted to get the feck out of the Ukrainian league.
Yes you're right re affinity fair enough mate but he was tweaking for Arsenal after Leverkusen and had no interest in joining Chelsea and it shows was my point

I don't believe he's as poor as he's been. He's still very talented but poor morale and a poorly run club can't help. Saying that I also think Chelsea aren't as bad as they've looked.