Mourinho : "Transfer spend is not enough"

But we lived in the 2009-13 era of value for money, maybe the club were not ready to adapt to high transfer fees, or the glazers interest rates eat up most of our transfer budgets, so we were stuck buying obertan's and diouffs, while city hit the lottery, either way its going to take a long time to build this team up if we get our transfers right. That is part of the problem, our options are lingard rashford and mata, its why we struggled last season

Look mate you're speaking to the converted (the first in redcafe). SAF was a genius in terms of building great sides and motivating them to success. Unfortunately once that was achieved he would go into full skint/value mode. Many mention SAF's famous denial in tackling CM, however before that he did the same with the GK role (after Schmeichel) and defence (ie when he refused to replace Stam and Johnsen with good defenders)

Luckily for us he was able to take the squad at the brink and than recover quickly to put us back on top. That was until he failed to do so. Due to bad signings and bad luck (ie who would have thought that Jones, the Da Silva twins and co would end up injury prone?) we ended up with a team filled with workhorses who relied on the old guard for quality. Once the latter also retired the team ended up in this mediocrity. LVG and Moyes didn't help at all and now we're in this mess.

I think that Mou is doing fairly well. He signed some great talent and United are winning again. There again we're playing catchup and the gap between us and Shitty is enormous.

No, van gaal was fired because he spent a lot of money, we failed to get top 4 and we were playing shite. The players he signed werent good enough either. Also, Jose had won Chelsea the league. The squad Jose left Conte was not comparable to the squad Van Gaal left Jose. That's a FACT.

Complete joke if you think players like Depay, Schneiderlin, Darmian etc were really good enough. Van gaal wasted money on shite and paid for it.
Mou has had a complete meltdown and paid for it at Chelsea. Left them in shambles. He left Real due to exact same reason, falling out with their board and players. He spent tons and still is cant get Pogba and Matic replicate their form at their previous clubs. He can't get the team to play in a way that would not be heavy reliant on one single player, being DDG mainly. His signing of 7 players and spending 300 mln quid on them having enherited Rashers, Martial, Ander (poty last year by the way), DDG and all defense resulted in us throwing a towel to the league in November. This is a fact. Another fact is that we have no settled system and have not got the best out of Pogba, Matic, Ibra, Bailly, Lindelof, and even Lukaku who is costing us goals in our own box. Pep is doing fantastically well, just like SAF improving what he has and buying exactly what he needs which has an immediate effect on the team. Their fecking goalie looks more relaxed than DDG ever was, not because he is a better player, but because his manager is managing his team better.

Look mate you're speaking to the converted (the first in redcafe). SAF was a genius in terms of building great sides and motivating them to success. Unfortunately once that was achieved he would go into full skint/value mode. Many mention SAF's famous denial in tackling CM, however before that he did the same with the GK role (after Schmeichel) and defence (ie when he refused to replace Stam and Johnsen with good defenders)

Luckily for us he was able to take the squad at the brink and than recover quickly to put us back on top. That was until he failed to do so. Due to bad signings and bad luck (ie who would have thought that Jones, the Da Silva twins and co would end up injury prone?) we ended up with a team filled with workhorses who relied on the old guard for quality. Once the latter also retired the team ended up in this mediocrity. LVG and Moyes didn't help at all and now we're in this mess.

I think that Mou is doing fairly well. He signed some great talent and United are winning again. There again we're playing catchup and the gap between us and Shitty is enormous.

Summer 2009 and handling of fergie's retirement has set us back years, Moyes and VG combined has set us back maybe 10 years, if Jose is gone, god help us the next appointment lol

This whole spending story is just Jose's way of putting the pressure on himself and taking it off the players. If you look at the news it's all about Jose and very little about how shit the team has been.
Depends what view you take, as a player I wouldn't be happy hearing my manager say his collection of players are sub standard

£300m buys you 4 players of Van Dijk quality now.

With the news that liverpool are spending £70m+ on Van Dijk, we can't afford to wait around. We really need to make some statements in the next two transfer windows, I'm talking Alex Sandro-Dybala-Greizman level signings. We need 5 top class players, give Jose the budget, and if he's still complaining or not meeting expectations, we should consider his position.

Mou has had a complete meltdown and paid for it at Chelsea. Left them in shambles. He left Real due to exact same reason, falling out with their board and players. He spent tons and still is cant get Pogba and Matic replicate their form at their previous clubs. He can't get the team to play in a way that would not be heavy reliant on one single player, being DDG mainly. His signing of 7 players and spending 300 mln quid on them having enherited Rashers, Martial, Ander (poty last year by the way), DDG and all defense resulted in us throwing a towel to the league in November. This is a fact. Another fact is that we have no settled system and have not got the best out of Pogba, Matic, Ibra, Bailly, Lindelof, and even Lukaku who is costing us goals in our own box. Pep is doing fantastically well, just like SAF improving what he has and buying exactly what he needs which has an immediate effect on the team. Their fecking goalie looks more relaxed than DDG ever was, not because he is a better player, but because his manager is managing his team better.

Oh my God.

We are talking anout the squads that were left behind. Jose did not leave behind a poor squad at Real or Chelsea. Can you read?

Herrera was POTY under MOURINHO. Is he really good enough for a title challenging team though??? I am done with you. If you cannot accept that there was a poor squad left behind for Mourinho and that Conte and Pep both had title challenging quality players to begin with you're just deluded.

Summer 2009 and handling of fergie's retirement has set us back years, Moyes and VG combined has set us back maybe 10 years, if Jose is gone, god help us the next appointment lol
It's all right. We'll get Poch. Easy peasy.

We've second in the league. The only team above us has spent more money. If it comes down to money, how is that not acceptable? Your logic is nonsensical.

Oh yeah we need to be more attacking like Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea. Remind me again how many more goals they've scored than us? I'll wait.

Except that the net spend of Pool, Spurs, Chelsea, and Arsenal combined doesn’t come close to United’s net spend.

If you haven’t noticed Chelsea has put themselves on a fairly restrictive budget where they don’t have a large net spend. They’ve run into trouble because they sold their budget succession plan acquisitions like KDB, Salah, Lukaku and the market conditions are such that young talents with promise don’t go for less than 30-50 million or more.

KDB cost Chelsea less than 7 million. If they had acquired KDB from Genk now in lieu of 2011 he would go for 28-35 million.

Same applies to Hazard back when he was acquired. Instead of paying 32 million + agent fees he’d be going for 100 million.

The issues with United stem from failing to acquire top talents and allowing them to develop properly. Some players can be thrust right into playing and some need to be given smaller roles with the understanding that the position should be theirs in a couple of years.

It’s exactly what City is doing with Bernardo he’s being groomed to take over for David Silva. Clear contingency plan.

The best run clubs have clear plans for bringing talent along and don’t just try to plug and play.

So Chelsea buying better players than us was their fault? The only major player we lost during that time was Beckham. Chelsea signed 8 or 9 players and that wasn’t guaranteed success. They didn’t look like getting 90 plus points under Ranieri. Mourinho came in and transformed them. He turned them from bottlers to serial winners. He had the measure of Fergie even when we won the league we still couldn’t beat them three times in that season including the FA cup final.

Fergies Achilles heel was always against high pressing team especially in the latter years. Klopp, Conte and Guardiola are miles better than the managers that Fergie competed against back in 2013. Not sure how anybody can argue that. Klopp is miles better than Brenton. Pep is certainly better than Mancini. Conte is better than Di Matteo.

So teams can lose players that were core to the first team and just carry on, hmm ok. And please point out in my OP where I said "So Chelsea buying better players than us was their fault?" Thats a rhetorical question.

You say Jose he turned them into serial winners, really as the time he was here they won 3 trophies and nothing in Europe, so hardly serial winners

And last, we always since late 90's struggled to beat them so hardly anything to do with Jose

Last edited:
Transfer spend aside, he needs to invest more himself. Invest more time in instilling some belief in the players instead of throwing them under the bus he parks so unnecessarily often.
He needs to invest more time shaking off his depressing attitude that the world is against him, its filtering down to the players. Lukaku has gone from a goal scorer to a clumsy oaf this season. Rashford has gone from a smiling superstar to a petulant brat.
He needs to invest more time in sticking to one system for more than one game - my head spins trying to work out the ever-changing formations which is fair enough, but it looks like the players haven’t a clue what formation we’re playing at any one time or how they’re meant to execute it.
He needs to invest some time in building a relationship with the fans instead of bemoaning OT crowds.
He needs to invest in the club, find out what it’s about, get his head out of his own ass and realise that no player is bigger than the club and more importantly, no manager is bigger than the club. He makes it all about him and crying about other teams spending is small time. He needs to man up, shoulder some blame, protect his players and build some team spirit instead of being a grey cloud.
This is a wonderful post.

I very much regret that he can’t, or won’t, do any of those things though.

Jose's point has just been proven. £75m for a CB who has won nothing, achieved nothing, plays for a mid-table side and a bang average National team.

£289m....blah blah blah....underachieving...blah blah blah....should be challenging....blah blah blah

It's pocket change. It's Neymar + Van Dijk + Chris Wood! IF we really want to lock horns with City and Europe's elite then almost spending as much as them isn't enough, it's only Jose's incredible ability that has got us as close as we are!

And Perisic is the only winger in the whole world?

Well he's the winger Jose wanted. It's easy to sit there and say "he should have just went and found another winger" when in reality it's just not that cut and dry. Maybe at the time Jose didn't see any other winger that was worth getting for the amount it would have taken to get them. Or maybe he just thought Perisic was ideal for his system.

People don't realize that unless we get an Arab owner, we will always be the underdog. Whatever we will spend to get to the top, they will spend more. We will always buy what is next on the basket, simple as that. And "next on the basket" will probably cost a lot of money, cause we are Man Utd.

SAF was lucky enough to get some superb local talent and be a manager of one of the wealthiest teams on the planet in his days. Back then, the only teams who could break transfer records were Man Utd and R. Madrid, no one else.

Now days, teams like PSG and Man City top the wish list of most of the talented players, cause the money they offer is insane. PSG spent £200m just on the release clause for Neymar ffs, and now the Jose is saying £300m is not enough, people laugh at his comments. Obviously he is crazy and the rest of us are not.

I question also the board of how they spend their money, why did we not buy Perisic when I read that we backed off for a couple of million.

Most of Jose's buys were spot on, Matic has been superb, Pogba world class, Lindeloff will become better and Bailly is a top class defender. Zlatan was on a free, and I dont think that counts, yet he scored a lot of (crucial) goals last season and he did well. Mikhi has simply not adjusted to PL, he is more pre-occupied with Russian hos than anything else and seems not interested.

As for Lukaku, the jury still out. While many think he is not good enough, I personally think he has played well in a lot of matches while he was useless on others. People say that Morata was the best option, but while I agree, Morata has not really set PL on fire either.
I don't really care much about what Mourinho says, but this is a lot of nonsense.

As much as I disliked SAF, he was not the only one with money. He was there for 10 years after Chelsea got rich. He was there for 5 years after City got rich. He still competed with both. He won titles with both. It was the main difference between him and Wenger. When two to three competitors came up for the title, instead of just the one, SAF was the one who got on with it. He also had to face money bags in Blackburn before as well.

United did not spend much at all in comparison to City and Chelsea in his later years. He still won titles. He won the CL multiple times despite United not having a transfer budget anywhere near the continental giants.

Would SAF be winning the title right now? Maybe not, but he wouldn't be 15 points behind. He'd have Walker, not City, because players would have chosen United for his name, instead of City and Chelsea and other clubs for the money. This would have weakened City. Mourinho does not have the pulling power that SAF did, and this is coming from an Arsenal fan who doesn't like SAF that much. But SAF was great, do not compare him to Mourinho. Had he not retired, United would probably have won 2 of the last 4 titles, beaten City in the derby (City were shiite in that game, you guys just did not attack at all) with a last minute goal in Fergie time, and been at most 5-6 points behind City and still in the title race. That was SAF. Whatever else your opinion on Jose (Shit or great), he is nothing compared to the giant that was Ferguson.

Maybe some of you have forgotten but we could be leading by a goal, and still think that we'd lose to you guys in stoppage time. And it was the same for every team in the league. That was the fear factor he had. That was his work. He was not just lucky to have local talent, he knew how to nurture it and make it grow. Anyone but SAF, at most Wenger, and the class of 92 would never have happened.

Well he's the winger Jose wanted. It's easy to sit there and say "he should have just went and found another winger" when in reality it's just not that cut and dry. Maybe at the time Jose didn't see any other winger that was worth getting for the amount it would have taken to get them. Or maybe he just thought Perisic was ideal for his system.

Well you shouldn’t put all your eggs in a basket over a 28 year old. Not like he’s 23 that we could go back to next year.

If Mourinho thought that position was a weakness then he should have strengthened it. Do you think if Pep couldn’t have got Walker he would have not signed a right back? Or Mendy even. They would have said let’s stick to Zabs and Clichy for another year. No, I don’t think so.

It’s the managers fault if he can’t find another alternative transfer target. If he can’t identify targets then the club should just hire a dof.

How about stop moaning about Transfer free and concentrate on coaching seems our team is unable to attack properly. Maybe rehire Rene Melusteen as coach could do a wonder for our attack.

Liverpool have now spent 212 million in 2017 alone. I think that puts in perspective the level of ambition required by the board to win things. Mourinho in private and maybe in public even will make this point. He is right we need to spend more, if clubs like liverpool who have been conservative spenders, spend money like this, then surely united not doing it is a big let down from "The Biggest club in the world" tagline that we associate with ourselves. If we are the biggest, then we better show it too.

We've second in the league. The only team above us has spent more money. If it comes down to money, how is that not acceptable? Your logic is nonsensical.

Oh yeah we need to be more attacking like Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea. Remind me again how many more goals they've scored than us? I'll wait.
That logic fails always makes me laugh.

- We should be doing better apparently based on what we spend (though the team that spends more is the only one above us)
- The teams below us don't spend as much so you can't criticize them (But you can praise them and say they play better apparently)
- The teams below us have scored fewer goals and conceded more (Yes, but they create more chances!)
- Doesn't that also mean they're most wasteful? (feck off!)

There's been plenty to criticize Mourinho about but on a relative basis, is he really doing worse than Conte, Pochettino, Klopp, or Wenger are this year? This isn't a competition based on your points per £ spent. We're better than we were last year, which matters most, and at the moment that's enough for 2nd in the PL.

I can only assume @Williams1960's post in jest. No one can harbour these opinions and have the capacity to breath unassisted.

I never said ox is better than pogba. But we could have signed him and he would have offered a lot to us. He can play almost anywhere including CM that we need with only pog and magic as real options.

Now Liverpool have signed virgin van dijk for £75m. Could we not have signed him?

Looking at the Liverpool transfers of recent years when they were pretty poor in the past as signing players makes you question the board and manager.

Mane £35m
Salah £36m
Ox £35m
Matip free
Robertson £9m
Keita £55m
Vvd £75m

Obviously the last two are yet to join but that's some serious amount of players they have got very right indeed under klopp.

Also that klavan guy seems pretty decent for the £3m or whatever he was bought for.

They are picking and choosing their players and adding real quality step by step.

I never said ox is better than pogba. But we could have signed him and he would have offered a lot to us. He can play almost anywhere including CM that we need with only pog and magic as real options.
Err.... Ox is garbage. I know he's having his annual purple patch where he looks amazing for five games, but Ox is garbage.

I do partially agree. You guys could have gotten 2 midfielders, a striker and a winger, if you hadn't gone for top, top quality. I think Mourinho overestimated your squad, and thought it was good enough to get by, even with just a few additions, and that only top, top quality would improve the team. Same mistake Wenger has made for too long. It's too easy to improve both our squads, most players are just not good enough, and you don't need top, top quality to improve them.

Highest transfer spend in the summer:

MANCHESTER CITY £221.5M
PSG £214.2M
MILAN £178.4M
CHELSEA £155.4M
EVERTON £149.1M
MANCHESTER UNITED £145.8M
FC BARCELONA £143.6M
JUVENTUS £136.7M
BAYERN MUNICH £94.9M
AS MONACO £91.8M
AS ROMA £85.7M
LIVERPOOL £82.9M
TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR £82.1M
INTER £79.4M
BORUSSIA DORTMUND £67.8M
SEVILLA £56.7M
REAL MADRID £56.7M
LEICESTER CITY £55.4M
WATFORD £53.2M
ARSENAL £48.8M

I'm impressed with how Bayern conduct their business. Always spend wisely and get top players.
Well that was a great window.:lol:

I said it many years ago, that we needed to invest at least 600/700 million on players to be able to compete at the highest level

The decline started many years ago, with he Ronaldo’s money not reinvested in the market

We signed Valencia instead of Aguero or Hazard to replace him

And after many years still there are big holes:

> Ronaldo never replaced

> Rio Ferdinand replaced by Smalling

> Vidic replaced replaced by Jones

> Evra replaced by Shaw

Etc etc etc

Now where do you want to go with these players?

De Gea, Pogba, Rashford

We have only 3 great players and is not enough, the rest are average or good/decent players.

Jose's point has just been proven. £75m for a CB who has won nothing, achieved nothing, plays for a mid-table side and a bang average National team.

£289m....blah blah blah....underachieving...blah blah blah....should be challenging....blah blah blah

It's pocket change. It's Neymar + Van Dijk + Chris Wood! IF we really want to lock horns with City and Europe's elite then almost spending as much as them isn't enough, it's only Jose's incredible ability that has got us as close as we are!

This. I reckon Mourinho knew the VVD was happening when he made that statement, I honestly do - think about the perfect timing of it.

This board needs to start making statements right now, and they need to back José.

Hope we can make some quality signings next summer. Ozil, rose, Malcolm and the creative mid for Schalke seems like a realistic summer.

However we should go all out and save Dybala from the Juve bench.

I said it many years ago, that we needed to invest at least 600/700 million on players to be able to compete at the highest level

The decline started many years ago, with he Ronaldo’s money not reinvested in the market

> Ronaldo never replaced

> Evra replaced by Shaw

Etc etc etc

De Gea, Pogba, Rashford

We have only 3 great players and is not enough, the rest are average or good/decent players.
Sorry to disappoint you but if you think Rashford is great we are in an even worse state.

with where the bar seems to be on here atm

there's only DDG, Matic, Pogba

maybe Rashford, Martial, Lukaku (I know)

are the only possible CL winners in this team

which is pathetic from the amount of ££££ that has been thrown at it

credit for performances this season - Valencia, Young, Lingard (centrally)

those last 3 are pretty damning as well given that they're 2 wingers converted to FB

Hope we can make some quality signings next summer. Ozil, rose, Malcolm and the creative mid for Schalke seems like a realistic summer.

However we should go all out and save Dybala from the Juve bench.

It's the likes of the Malcom type signings that have us in this mess.
Not saying he is a bad player, but he could easily come here and flop. I know a big name can flop also, but I think this is what has us in this mess to an extent

He's calling their bluff with a nice bit of deflection, whether they decide to call his by letting him buy who he wants remains to be seen. At the moment, United need, as Big Ron Atkinson said in 1981, "major surgery."

> Ronaldo never replaced

> Evra replaced by Shaw

Etc etc etc

De Gea, Pogba, Rashford

And you weren't wrong. I also remember after being thoroughly outclassed by Barca twice that SAF said they are the new benchmark, where we should aim to get. Remember thinking at the time whether the market all of a sudden had some value. Truth is, when SAF left, he left a team that was already playing catch-up and won because we had the best manager around and only because of that.

I don't really care much about what Mourinho says, but this is a lot of nonsense.

As much as I disliked SAF, he was not the only one with money. He was there for 10 years after Chelsea got rich. He was there for 5 years after City got rich. He still competed with both. He won titles with both. It was the main difference between him and Wenger. When two to three competitors came up for the title, instead of just the one, SAF was the one who got on with it. He also had to face money bags in Blackburn before as well.

United did not spend much at all in comparison to City and Chelsea in his later years. He still won titles. He won the CL multiple times despite United not having a transfer budget anywhere near the continental giants.

Would SAF be winning the title right now? Maybe not, but he wouldn't be 15 points behind. He'd have Walker, not City, because players would have chosen United for his name, instead of City and Chelsea and other clubs for the money. This would have weakened City. Mourinho does not have the pulling power that SAF did, and this is coming from an Arsenal fan who doesn't like SAF that much. But SAF was great, do not compare him to Mourinho. Had he not retired, United would probably have won 2 of the last 4 titles, beaten City in the derby (City were shiite in that game, you guys just did not attack at all) with a last minute goal in Fergie time, and been at most 5-6 points behind City and still in the title race. That was SAF. Whatever else your opinion on Jose (Shit or great), he is nothing compared to the giant that was Ferguson.

Maybe some of you have forgotten but we could be leading by a goal, and still think that we'd lose to you guys in stoppage time. And it was the same for every team in the league. That was the fear factor he had. That was his work. He was not just lucky to have local talent, he knew how to nurture it and make it grow. Anyone but SAF, at most Wenger, and the class of 92 would never have happened.

Since fergie left lets be honest here we see a squad of losers, and a spineless group of players at times that look rudderless with an identity crises in how they play. When united lose a goal these days, we already seeing the writing on the wall, the top sides shrug off going a goal behind because mentally they always ahead of the rest. Even at OT this group of players will be mentally beaten if they go a goal behind, if they lose a goal away from home to city, chelsea, liverpool, arsenal, you can be confident you have either beaten united, or knowing they wont win today. Its scary to think if united lost a goal first in most PL and CL games, how many games would they win? that is a scary thought. So in reality MUFC is a giant club, the current team is not a big team, just a group of players trying to get through the season, instead of aiming to be one of the big players looking to win a league title or CL

We finished 6th in his first season which is lower than LVG. We are currently 2nd albeit have been very indifferent in our form. We have no cohesiveness in attack. In the past week, we have struggled to break down Bristol City, Leicester and Burnley. We hung on against WBA but only just. This is basic stuff, we adopt a park the bus approach in the big games which is just pathetic for our club. Jose has had 3 transfer windows to get things right yet he still moans.

You fail to mention that we haven't outscored Liverpool who I used as an example yet you conveniently left out. If we had a cohesive attack, we would be killing teams off not hanging on by the skin of our teeth in the last few minutes. We are 2nd now yes but we have blown that advantage over the other teams as well. Our attacking play which is what I am referring to is not good enough, we have scored goals yes, but can you honestly say our attacking play and creativity is good enough?
That’s correct, and is 6 a bigger number than 2? That’s a significant improvement. In his first season he won 2 major trophies to LVGs 1, that’s an improvement. Baffling you are trying to argue this.

So you want to use Liverpool as an example do you? You’ll be happy to see our defenders defend like children? They’ve scored a whopping 3 more goals than we have and conceded 7 more, all the while accumulating 5 less points. How can we possibly measure up to such ability?

You STILL haven’t explained how our incoherent shitfest of an attack has outscored your wet dream teams of Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs.

Yes three windows, THREE windows, listen to yourself
Except that the net spend of Pool, Spurs, Chelsea, and Arsenal combined doesn’t come close to United’s net spend.

If you haven’t noticed Chelsea has put themselves on a fairly restrictive budget where they don’t have a large net spend. They’ve run into trouble because they sold their budget succession plan acquisitions like KDB, Salah, Lukaku and the market conditions are such that young talents with promise don’t go for less than 30-50 million or more.

KDB cost Chelsea less than 7 million. If they had acquired KDB from Genk now in lieu of 2011 he would go for 28-35 million.

Same applies to Hazard back when he was acquired. Instead of paying 32 million + agent fees he’d be going for 100 million.

The issues with United stem from failing to acquire top talents and allowing them to develop properly. Some players can be thrust right into playing and some need to be given smaller roles with the understanding that the position should be theirs in a couple of years.

It’s exactly what City is doing with Bernardo he’s being groomed to take over for David Silva. Clear contingency plan.

The best run clubs have clear plans for bringing talent along and don’t just try to plug and play.
Here we go with net spend again. It doesn't matter how much you get for the players you sell, particularly when you are a club of our magnitude. With the exception of an odd player here and there, the only reason we sell players is because they aren't good enough any more, and players who are no longer required do not fetch a decent sum.

The transfer dealings prior to Mourinho's arrival should not be held against him. What matters is the condition of the team when he took over. City had a significantly better team at that time, and you could absolutely make a case for Spurs and Chelsea too.

The reason City can do that with Silva is because they have a team full of world class talent. We can ill afford to spend 40 odd million on a player and play him in the odd cup game. We don't have that luxury, so when we do spend huge sums on a player they need to be starting.

It's simple. Give him the funds he wants to complete his squad, or get rid of him to make way for a manager with a manager who can produce good results with a smaller budget than the likes of PSG, Man City et al.

This is clearly frustrating for Mourinho, and if he isn't supported and results keep declining his mood is only going to get worse. Which will lead to an inevitable sacking or mutual decision to part ways. If the board think they can keep a semi-happy Mourinho around for long they are mistaken. Things can get sour fecking fast.

Either put up, or get rid. A solution down the middle isn't possible here. Mourinho won't change.

Liverpool have got people in a meltdown and will use it to enhance the excuses. Liverpool are probably spending the Coutinho money and getting VVD and Keita in return and maybe some change.

Sell to buy. Simple.

I really don't get your point?
Liverpool see a weakness and are trying to sort it. It may be a lot of money, but it could be a vital step in the club going forward.
City really needed fullbacks. They paid 100m for two of them. Their fullback position instantly went from non existent to a potential exceptional pairing.

Instead we take a chance on Lindelof at 30 or so mil, and right now, that signing is looking all ifs and buts