Michael Olise | Joins Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Olise only makes sense for Chelsea if Madueke goes the opposite way in the deal. I quite like Madueke, but Olise is a different level of prospect. If we could get rid of Sterling, I suppose you could move Palmer away from the RW but realistically we’d have 3 left footed RWs and then Mudryk as the sole LW.

How capable is Olise in playing off the left? I’m pretty convinced Madueke can’t do it and it would be a waste of Palmer’s talent to shove him out of position.

Olise would be wasted on the left. Doing his best work under Glasner as an inside right, if your new Manager played with a back 3 then you could play Palmer inside left with wing-backs providing the width, then both he and Olise are basically 10s that have a slightly wider starting position. Palmer looks more two-footed than Olise from what I’ve seen so I’d be more confident that he could adapt to that inside left position, though I suppose there’s no reason they couldn’t rotate.

Madueke is a player I’d imagine Palace would be very interested in, bit of a reverse situation to Olise as he came through the Palace academy as a youngster.

Last edited:
Olise only makes sense for Chelsea if Madueke goes the opposite way in the deal. I quite like Madueke, but Olise is a different level of prospect. If we could get rid of Sterling, I suppose you could move Palmer away from the RW but realistically we’d have 3 left footed RWs and then Mudryk as the sole LW.

How capable is Olise in playing off the left? I’m pretty convinced Madueke can’t do it and it would be a waste of Palmer’s talent to shove him out of position.
He is really quite one footed.

Arjen Robbin managed to play on both sides but Olise's natural home is on the right. There is something very Robbenesque about when he cuts in and scores - everyone knows he's going to do it but no one can do anything about it. But that said Glasner has probabl;y found him his natural home as a slightly wide 10. Yes he can play on the wing but he is much more devastating inside. Think of him as a RW and you miss the point.

100% approval at the club yet it won't be a quick one?

That doesn't mean that Palace will say "Yes" right away - and we can't just make offers Palace cant refuse. If we offer £70 million - Palace probably will say yes - but I doubt we want to pay much more than £50 million - which Palace wont accept.

That doesn't mean that Palace will say "Yes" right away - and we can't just make offers Palace cant refuse. If we offer £70 million - Palace probably will say yes - but I doubt we want to pay much more than £50 million - which Palace wont accept.

Seeing as Olise has a release clause of around £60 million there’s no problem in Palace turning down £70 million, reality is as well that in this day and age £60 million for someone of Olise’s obvious talent is an absolute steal so it’s as simple as we shouldn’t feck around trying to negotiate slightly lower and just trigger the release clause so we can move on to the next piece of transfer business.

Very dubious that Palace would say yes to 70 million if it's within their control especially if Guehi goes. Pretty sure the plan will be one out at a time and Guehi is first off the block.

We may allegedly be a buy to sell club but Parish is also the man who turned his nose up to 80 million or was it 90 million for Zaha and let him run his contract down. That's not isolated behaviour. Doucoure was priced out of the market at 60 million plus when Liverpool came sniffing last year. You'll be familiar of course with 50 million AWB but you also need to factor in 30 million Bolassie.

May not be within Palace's control but the one you should really take is Guehi if you intend to build a defence on players comfortable on the ball - class above that other fella.

IMG-4687.jpg

Random?

Very dubious that Palace would say yes to 70 million if it's within their control especially if Guehi goes. Pretty sure the plan will be one out at a time and Guehi is first off the block.

We may allegedly be a buy to sell club but Parish is also the man who turned his nose up to 80 million or was it 90 million for Zaha and let him run his contract down. That's not isolated behaviour. Doucoure was priced out of the market at 60 million plus when Liverpool came sniffing last year. You'll be familiar of course with 50 million AWB but you also need to factor in 30 million Bolassie.

May not be within Palace's control but the one you should really take is Guehi if you intend to build a defence on players comfortable on the ball - class above that other fella.

You might have set Zaha's price to a ludicrous 80m, but you didn't get any bids anywhere near it.

Palace set Zaha price at 80 because he had a 25% sell on clause to us. Arsenal still should have done it because Pepe ended up being Shitshit

I hear Chelsea is pretty much confirmed, will come out in the coming weeks. I'm not mad, really want Amad to have a chance to establish himself here.

Thought he had a £60m release clause?

should buy both Olise and Eze. Good rotation for places in the squad.

Highly unlikely Palace would sell both. Having said that i'd be completely behind this idea. Eze can play central and wide. Possibly a luxury signing at this stage however. Olise is the more needed.

Rather Wharton than Olise or Eze at this point. Both are great but we will have to massively overpay to get either. Wharton is still underrated and he is headed for the very top and we might have a better chance at a cut price deal there.

I hear Chelsea is pretty much confirmed, will come out in the coming weeks. I'm not mad, really want Amad to have a chance to establish himself here.

Declare your source, so if he wanted Chelsea then why didn't he just go there last summer

Rather Wharton than Olise or Eze at this point. Both are great but we will have to massively overpay to get either. Wharton is still underrated and he is headed for the very top and we might have a better chance at a cut price deal there.

I think the way things work with these sort of signings now is that you have to pay an insanely high amount with 2 years left to go, and Wharton has 4 years left. I think we just missed the boat on that one. Maybe in 2 years we go for him, unless we're prepared to pay at least 70M for him. There's just no real reason for Palace to sell him for 50M now when they can get 2 more years of good play out of him then do it, unless they don't really rate him, and considering they bought him for a decent fee (18M for them is probably like 50M+ for us, really) and started playing him immediately, I doubt that's the case.

We just gotta find the next one.

Remember. You don't buy Olise without buying Adam Wharton( the mind and brain of Palace )

Like buying tennis ball without buying tennis racket. Olise & Wharton = goes hand in hand. You can't miss one of them

And Like how can you smash in volleyball, without a set up to smash? Be logical and have a wider perspective. Narrow perspectiv will not solve the problems.

Most of Crystal Palace attack and build start much deeper. And Wharton is a key factor.

What happen to Palace before Wharton arrived back in 2 feb 2024? They start to became more consistent and more dangerous with their counter attack and scoring goals after Wharton arriving. So credit to Palace's recruitment team.

Palace's upfront 3 got most credit and attention. But if you analyzing Palace build closely. Then you will see Wharton had many 2nd and 3rd assist passes.
And due to Whoscored : Wharton has average 1 key pass each game.

At Old Trafford and for United. Wharton will be the same key factor. The deep lying and controlling cm playmaker.

The chemistry and connections between players are really important.

Declare your source, so if he wanted Chelsea then why didn't he just go there last summer

If I could I would have already, I can't speak on last summer. Just remember this post when he signs for Chelsea.

Including Amad as part of this deal would be smart and beneficial for both. And I rate Amad highly.

Absolutely not. We should be including Antony in the deal. The left side should be Garnacho and Rashford, righr side Amad and Olise.

I agree. But Olise is better than Amad and a playable fee would be added. Antony? Not a chance. Amad earns less and would get paid more there. Antony would have to take a pay cut.

Be realistic.

I agree. But Olise is better than Amad and a playable fee would be added. Antony? Not a chance. Amad earns less and would get paid more there. Antony would have to take a pay cut.

Be realistic.

That just translates to a lower fee for us. He'll get a nice sign-on from Palace to avoid the impression that we're paying him to leave and accepts a lower wage over the course of the contract.

Or he goes somewhere else and we put that money towards Olise. Money is fungible. What's important is having Amad / Olise RW and Garnacho / Rashford LW next season.

That just translates to a lower fee for us. He'll get a nice sign-on from Palace to avoid the impression that we're paying him to leave and accepts a lower wage over the course of the contract.

Or he goes somewhere else and we put that money towards Olise. Money is fungible. What's important is having Amad / Olise RW and Garnacho / Rashford LW next season.

Antony needs a season to be worth anything. I really rate him. But he’s worth feck all right now.

Antony needs a season to be worth anything. I really rate him. But he’s worth feck all right now.

This is a variation on the old Woodward retaining value argument. Hoping that he'd improve so we can sell him later for a higher fee doesn't make sense. Keep if you think he'll be good enough, sell otherwise.

Tuned in for the premiere and great video as usual, cheers! Additional confirmation for me that we really need to go for him.

My only argument was your statement saying Dalot likes to invert. He has a tactical instruction to invert right now in the past 5-10 games but he was a typical wide fullback making underlapping / overlapping runs quite a bit otherwise. Last season our set of four (or five) defensive players in possession was:

---------- Eriksen -- Casemiro ------
--- Shaw -- Martinez -- Varane ---

Dalot is up there providing width already. Let's see what Ten Hag's tactics for next season bring.

Another stupid suggestion. Why do you think we’d want Antony?
I don't care if you want Antony or not. He's the one we need to be rid off, not Amad. I could care less if he ends up in your shithole or some other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.