Messi in Miami

It's not a new all time record every time the other guy scores either, they had to pretend that other players scored several hundred goals less than they actually did in order to come up with this new 'official goals' BS.

Please do not make this thread in a Friedenreich research, but Cris record is solid as fvck without doubts.

Another stuff it's his overall talent, game and ratio. But if anything Cris has it's that ammount of goals and I've read your opnion on Pele (or even Romario) and some oldies records, but it's far form settle in stone nor points of view regarding certain achievements.

The overreaction to that match is ridiculous. Bolivia away from home are not far off San Marino. Can’t say I’m surprised though.

just realized he has about 20 international goals fewer than Ronnie while being 2 years younger. no wonder Ronnie wants to play at all cost, he's probably terrified Messi will take that away from him as well.

The overreaction to that match is ridiculous. Bolivia away from home are not far off San Marino. Can’t say I’m surprised though.

Bolivia, while usually bad, can at least beat Chile and similar teams away. San Marino are pretty much paralympics level. there are no comparable teams at this level.

Bolivia was on a 3 game winning streak before this game, have San Marino even won 3 games in their history?

Umm…. They just won at home against Colombia (this year‘s Copa runner up) and won away in Chile. Calling them San Marino is you overreacting.

It's true that it's an overreaction in terms of the rival, but at the same time it's quite increidble that a 37 years old fella can still produce at such level against anyone.
And when I talk about "level" it's sthg more than numbers, that is the usual "issue" when dealing with someone like Messi, it's the way that he can still play.
For instance some of his mid/long range goals of late in the MLS or PSG area among the best he ever did, the dude certainly didn't loose his touch.

The finisihing in the first goal, the assist to Alvarez, the whole play in the last goal are of top quality for even any younsgter nowadays.
At the same time when people says this type of stuff regarding any Huge player against lesser rivals, rarely takes in account that any other Top player in their own teams can pull that put, but normally doesn't. Sometimes fans even extent this type of stuff to Leagues and is even sillier.

PD: regarding the San Marino thing many talked here, even if San Marino it's way worse and closer to an hiperbole using them in this context, and even when Bolivia is having one of their best qualifying seasons in ages, they still are pretty pretty bad at sea level. If they end qualifying this time, they might end be battered in the WC and even teams that they won against recently in very bad shape like Chile might end being way better at the WC in the future if they just get a couple of things right. Would be cool if they actually qualify, but their image could end being worse if they do not prepare properly at sea level.

PD2: This whole little sequence it's cool even against some fellas in a park

Overreaction....

Who's the last player, period, to have a statline of a 3 goals and 2 assists?

You can find someone who has scored a hattrick, or bagged a couple of assists, but both? Let's not pretend that it isn't special when he acts as both De Bruyne and Lewandowski in the same game. :lol:

XZ57lz5.png

It'll break Ronaldo when he gets to 1000 first too (somehow... though obviously very unlikely).

XZ57lz5.png

It'll break Ronaldo when he gets to 1000 first too (somehow... though obviously very unlikely).

Yeah, Messi has barely taken penalties for Inter Miami or PSG. He just let's everyone else take them.

Played roughly 100 full 90 minute games less than Ronaldo too. Alien.

The argument has been dead for a long time and the much classier end to the career is just a cherry on top at this stage.

Really wondering if he's going for the 2026 WC now...seems to have figured a good way to conserve himself for the international stage.

He has normalized ridiculousness. It is unfair to the current generation.

Most of his late goals look fairly normal to me. He never scores his trademark solo goals anymore.

He's at 97 goals from outside the box now, not including his 66 career free kicks.

3 more to reach a really spectacular milestone.

Since I can apparently post media now, here's the best Messi video ever made:

And another one I like, summing up his Copa 21 performance:

What a damn pass. The weight on it was unreal.

Messi first goal - long range

Messi second goal

Messi hattrick goal

Surely it's a weak opponent but thats some beautiful, beautiful football by Messi, Suarez and some others, good stuff.

Why are Inter Miami so reluctant to give Messi the full 90 min? He´s already missed so much of the season due to injury, now he´s fully fit and probably all of the fans come mainly to watch him.

Why are Inter Miami so reluctant to give Messi the full 90 min? He´s already missed so much of the season due to injury, now he´s fully fit and probably all of the fans come mainly to watch him.

'cause he's 37 and just got back from international duty + Inter Miami already won the regular season.

'cause he's 37 and just got back from international duty + Inter Miami already won the regular season.

So what? What are they saving him for? He´s plays too little considering their project atm is essentially Messi FC.

Really wondering if he's going for the 2026 WC now...seems to have figured a good way to conserve himself for the international stage.
I think he will try to do it. Being the face of the MLS in a US World Cup must be everyone's dream target.

He rarely scores a "normal" goal.
The second and the third goals are as normal/ordinary as it gets.......

It's probably because Messi asked for that. Probably wants to save himself for international games.

So what? What are they saving him for? He´s plays too little considering their project atm is essentially Messi FC.

The knockouts!

The season isn't over yet and he seems to be more prone to injury nowadays; got injured twice with Inter Miami and twice with Argentina during the Copa.

Most of his late goals look fairly normal to me. He never scores his trademark solo goals anymore.
I wasn't necessarily referring to the last few goals, but more to his body of work. I've seen him do things on the pitch - and in practically every game - that would be career highlights for others. For him they were ‘Friday night away against Celta Vigo’. That's what I mean by he normalised the extraordinary.

I wasn't necessarily referring to the last few goals, but more to his body of work. I've seen him do things on the pitch - and in practically every game - that would be career highlights for others. For him they were ‘Friday night away against Celta Vigo’. That's what I mean by he normalised the extraordinary.

Of for sure his catalogue of goals is amazing, especially when you consider the quanity. What sort of lacking is the goals scored by extremely powerful and acrobatic strikers/forwards. Like Ronaldo(both), Van Basten, Batistuta etc.

I know he scored a nice a overhead goal for PSG but it wasnt really iconic and because he isnt tall he isnt ideal for towering headers. Its not a critism at all, it just comes with his body stature. His decision making means that he´ll always go for the most effective way. Even if thats running through 4 defenders.

Yeah, Messi has barely taken penalties for Inter Miami or PSG. He just let's everyone else take them.

Played roughly 100 full 90 minute games less than Ronaldo too. Alien.

Actually Messi has played 13,113 minutes less than Ronaldo

That´s rougly 145 full 90 minute games.

So its bonkers that he outscored Ronaldo at club level in Europe and is not really that far behind in internationals and totals despite playing around 145 games worth less and often being the teams key playmaker as well.

Last edited:
What a damn pass. The weight on it was unreal.

Messi first goal - long range

Messi second goal

Messi hattrick goal

It’s great seeing Messi and Suarez playing together again. Shame Inter Miami couldn’t land Neymar, it would be something seeing MSN back together one last time.