Messi in Miami

Cool vid, I always thought of doing sthg similar, I think it can be done better, but still great approach.

Cool vid, I always thought of doing sthg similar, I think it can be done better, but still great approach.

I really miss him on the European stage. I know people make fun of fanboys but how can you watch Messi and not become one if you love the sport?

There is no player around who comes even close to being as entertaining and it looks as if it will take quite some time until another one comes around.

The best Messi video would be one with him completely edited out. Just flailing, hapless bodies falling around with a ball moving inexplicably across the pitch.

I really miss him on the European stage. I know people make fun of fanboys but how can you watch Messi and not become one if you love the sport?

There is no player around who comes even close to being as entertaining and it looks as if it will take quite some time until another one comes around.

Exactly, some players are such a pleasure to watch.

From that vid I dig a lot 7:50, 13:36, 15:02 (it lacks the way he priroly kill that ball with his chest in the air, unforgivable to edit such thing), 15:06 and 17:57

I don't like too much some effects, the lack of 4K and that he could choose even a lot more great plays, but still a great approach (camera angle) that I always wanted to see in a vid. I never had the patience, time and enough material to put sthg similar adding his passing, "paredes" and other plays, but a still a great vid.

Are we really trying to glorify the American league? This is the same place the likes of Altidore and Almiron looked like world beaters.

Are we really trying to glorify the American league? This is the same place the likes of Altidore and Almiron looked like world beaters.
Who is doing that? Just stating that he is back and picked it up where he left it.
Salt is real, everyone cumming over Ronaldo at Saudi and mentioning Messis goals is apparently glorifying.

Who is doing that? Just stating that he is back and picked it up where he left it.
Salt is real, everyone cumming over Ronaldo at Saudi and mentioning Messis goals is apparently glorifying.
No need to mention that guy in here. Let us have one peaceful thread.

Winning the MLS in his 2nd season will still be a semi retirement achievement if it happens considering they used to be rock bottom before. A lot of credit goes to Suarez finding his form though.

Winning the MLS in his 2nd season will still be a semi retirement achievement if it happens considering they used to be rock bottom before. A lot of credit goes to Suarez finding his form though.

Suarez finishing always been there, main issue when I've seen him is he looked like he was running in treacle and physically absolutely done. Similar for Messi these days and even going back to his last couple of seasons at FCB in the CL especially, seems the standard in the MLS still enables them to utilize their massively superior technical ability well even without being able to run and press etc much.

Seems like quite a few empty seats in the ground yesterday despite Messi being back. Not sure how sustainable being Messi FC pretty much will be for Inter Miami ultimately.

Suarez finishing always been there, main issue when I've seen him is he looked like he was running in treacle and physically absolutely done. Similar for Messi these days and even going back to his last couple of seasons at FCB in the CL especially, seems the standard in the MLS still enables them to utilize their massively superior technical ability well even without being able to run and press etc much.

Seems like quite a few empty seats in the ground yesterday despite Messi being back. Not sure how sustainable being Messi FC pretty much will be for Inter Miami ultimately.

Its probably the high ticket prices.

Last edited:
Why does he play so little? He's fully fit now as far as i know and they could sealed the title.

Why does he play so little? He's fully fit now as far as i know and they could sealed the title.
They can't seal anything apart from the Supporter's Shield.

It's America, winning the league doesn't matter. It's about the playoffs.

I find this baffling. Grown ass woman, obviously rooting for Atlanta since she's celebrating them scoring... yet wearing an Argentina shirt with Messi on the back. If it was a kid, fine... but she's not :confused: Only in USA
ahGfbGc.png

I find this baffling. Grown ass woman, obviously rooting for Atlanta since she's celebrating them scoring... yet wearing an Argentina shirt with Messi on the back. If it was a kid, fine... but she's not :confused: Only in USA
ahGfbGc.png
Unfortunately it's not just USA, it's infiltrated European and British culture.

Player FC is a real thing especially in the under 30s

I don't understand American football

it's comparable to NBA or CL in the past, just your regular season followed by knockout games.

in Belgium for example you have regular season, then the league splits into group of good teams and the group of shyte, but it's still a league format.

Scotland have something similar, but also retains usual league format after the split.

I used to really love Batistuta, but if he had joined Liverpool and I owned an Argentina shirt with his name on the back. I'd probably set it on fire... I sure as hell wouldn't wear it at Old Trafford when we met them.

I used to really love Batistuta, but if he had joined Liverpool and I owned an Argentina shirt with his name on the back. I'd probably set it on fire... I sure as hell wouldn't wear it at Old Trafford when we met them.

Pah, we have fans these days declaring on redcafe to their fellow fans that they enjoy watching Erling Haaland smash it every week.
I queried/ridiculed this and was politely informed by multiple United posters that I’m a hater and not a true fan of football, something of a sad bastard if I can’t enjoy him.

Mainly for Messi and Ronaldo I think tbf. Not sure any other players have such pull.

I could understand it 10 years ago. They're both washed shells of their former selves these days though.

Pah, we have fans these days declaring on redcafe to their fellow fans that they enjoy watching Erling Haaland smash it every week.
I queried/ridiculed this and was politely informed by multiple United posters that I’m a hater and not a true fan of football, something of a sad bastard if I can’t enjoy him.
Why on earth should we enjoy a player from a rival team smash hat tricks every now and then? Of course I can admit when a goal is beautiful or when a player has done something remarkable, but that doesn't mean I enjoy the result of it...

I was in that thread and asked why so many supposed United fans were fanboying over Haaland and also got met with an angry response. It's quite funny, really.

for alot of americans, especially this generation of parents, it's a new sport to them. they never played but now they have kids who play as it's arguably the most popular youth sport in the country

so yeah the soccer moms might wear a jersey of a country and celebrate something silly but we just let it roll

maybe she's from Argentina and it's the only jersey she has. also, there's good chance she's there mostly because of her son and she simply thought it was good enough since they have their best player of all time.

whenever I watch our NT, it's always guys that have official kits. girls are in normal clothes and those few that aren't always put some cheap replica that came with the beer or something like that :lol: they rarely own the kits.

I was in that thread and asked why so many supposed United fans were fanboying over Haaland and also got met with an angry response. It's quite funny, really.

Nobody’s enjoying him doing it FOR City, but sometimes you have to put your hands up and go "wow".

Thierry Henry had me mesmerized, as did Suarez for Liverpool… Haaland less so in terms of what it’s like watching him play, but as a football fan you’d have to be blinkered to not acknowledge that he’s really special. And he has scored goals that are absolutely class, even if most of them aren’t spectacular.

ahGfbGc.png

It’s a little or a lot odd. But she could be Argentinian.

Nobody’s enjoying him doing it FOR City, but sometimes you have to put your hands up and go "wow".

Thierry Henry had me mesmerized, as did Suarez for Liverpool… Haaland less so in terms of what it’s like watching him play, but as a football fan you’d have to be blinkered to not acknowledge that he’s really special. And he has scored goals that are absolutely class, even if most of them aren’t spectacular.

I have no idea what you think you’re responding to here, absolutely no-one has ever suggested you shouldn’t say “wow” or acknowledge a rival player doing something special.

The posters I am talking about said they enjoy watching him.

I have no idea what you think you’re responding to here, absolutely no-one has ever suggested you shouldn’t say “wow” or acknowledge a rival player doing something special.

The posters I am talking about said they enjoy watching him.

Pretty sure this is a semantics issue and you guys are mistaken that United fans are enjoying that his form is City’s gain. You can enjoy a player without enjoying the effects it has on your team or the fortunes of a rival.

And yes, I have read the exchanges you guys have had in the Yeti thread.

Was just going to post this... seen plenty of this on social media as well. It's actually kind of disgusting imo. Even some so called MU fans do this. Hate it.

It’s not that complicated. The county is massive so they split it in to two leagues then have the top teams from each enter a playoff at the end to decide the overall winner.
It’s much weirder than that. There are 29 teams overall, split into two conferences. But you don’t just play teams from your own conference…..According to MLS themselves:

• All clubs in the Eastern Conference will play all intra-conference opponents two (2) times and six (6) cross-conference opponents one (1) time. All clubs in the Western Conference will play all intra-conference opponents two (2) times, one (1) to two (2) additional intra-conference opponents one (1) time, and six (6) to seven (7) different cross-conference opponents one (1) time.
Then they have playoffs y’all.

Just do two divisions, with promotion & relegation. There are zero stakes in American soccer. Nine teams from each conference, out of 15 and 14, get into the playoffs and can become champions. The league season is largely pointless. Just finish in the top 9 (out of 14), then start taking it seriously. I have no idea why anyone goes to any regular league games, because they rarely mean much of anything. Also probably why the premier league and Liga MX are miles ahead in terms of viewership in the US over their own domestic league. Teams, no matter how poorly they perform in MLS, just trundle along with no consequences, no stakes, little incentive to improve.

Last edited:
TBF, doing well to win your conference during the regular season helps you get into the CONCACAF CL I believe. I wish MLS would start putting more emphasis on the CL.

Pretty sure this is a semantics issue and you guys are mistaken that United fans are enjoying that his form is City’s gain. You can enjoy a player without enjoying the effects it has on your team or the fortunes of a rival.

Nar mate. Only in this modern football fan version we’re talking about.

I can appreciate a top player like Robert Pires, but enjoy him when he’s at Arsenal, much less City… feck no. I wanted him to stink the place out every week, same went for Aguero at City and Suarez at Liverpool, and I found nothing about their time at rival clubs as ”enjoyable”, it always gave me quite the opposite feeling from enjoyment to be quite honest.

Nar mate. Only in this modern football fan version we’re talking about.

I can appreciate a top player like Robert Pires, but enjoy him when he’s at Arsenal, much less City… feck no. I wanted him to stink the place out every week, same went for Aguero at City and Suarez at Liverpool, and I found nothing about their time at rival clubs as ”enjoyable”, it always gave me quite the opposite feeling from enjoyment to be quite honest.

It’s not some zoomer phenomenon, some people just manage to keep those books seperate. Some people are less capable still and can’t even acknowledge that players on rival teams are quality and will splutter about how they’re shit. They’re all the poorer for it, I reckon.

Anyway, clearly a worldview difference. I don’t get why you guys are baffled about football fans appreciating world class players at some level despite who pays their wages.