View full 2015-16 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was expecting him to hide tonight, but he's done nothing of the sort. Totally grabbed the game by the neck and stepped up when we need a bit of inspiration. Confidence can do a lot for a player like him. More of this please.

Been getting progressively better and better over the last 3 games

best player with Schneiderlin, his decision making is spot on tonight, hope he scores

There's a different in being "just" an assistant manager and really mentoring a player in a more personal relationship, Memphis gave an interview this week and mentioned the presence and help Giggs is offering him to get out of this bad patch.

'Ryan Giggs is a legend. He talks a lot with me,' Depay added at an event for Under Armour on Tuesday night.

'He gives me advice. 'He experienced everything already so he can help me with those kind of things. I don't want to go into details but he works a lot with me.

'Wayne Rooney gives me a lot of things to think about. They really inspire me because that's two legends that talk with you and give you advice.

Where did you get the idea of him really mentoring him and them having a more personal relationship instead of doing his normal job as a coach from those quotes? Sounds like bollocks

'Ryan Giggs is a legend. He talks a lot with me,' Depay added at an event for Under Armour on Tuesday night.

'He gives me advice. 'He experienced everything already so he can help me with those kind of things. I don't want to go into details but he works a lot with me.

'Wayne Rooney gives me a lot of things to think about. They really inspire me because that's two legends that talk with you and give you advice.

Where did you get the idea of him really mentoring him and them having a more personal relationship instead of doing his normal job as a coach from those quotes? Sounds like bollocks
He talks a lot with me, gives me advice, he works a lot with me. I dont think the assistant does that with all players, if he does he should get a pay rise.

He talks a lot with me, gives me advice, he works a lot with me. I dont think the assistant does that with all players, if he does he should get a pay rise.
You do realise Giggs was a winger and would surely be expected to give advice to players in that position, would be odd for him not too

Tell me he isn't a confidence player! Question his performances but those questioning his talent are ridiculous.

Taking the piss now:lol:

Now if only he could do this against a half decent PL team.

I've criticised plenty but he has been a joy to watch tonight. Easily his best game. If confidence really was the issue then hopefully this will be the turning point for him.

Tell me he isn't a confidence player! Question his performances but those questioning his talent are ridiculous.
Nani the second. Tries too hard to impress when given a substitute appearance and plays bad as a result. Give him a few matches without the pressure of being dropped and he'll be less inclined to force the issue. We did the same with Di Maria.

He has the talent and potential to be one of the best players, now it seems that he is recovering his form. He had a good game, but I expect more of him.
I told you 5 weeks ago. He can be an amazing player for us. I hope he continues with this confidence.

Nani the second. Tries too hard to impress when given a substitute appearance and plays bad as a result. Give him a few matches without the pressure of being dropped and he'll be less inclined to force the issue. We did the same with Di Maria.

He was given plenty of starts early on but didn't do anything.

Hopefully turns it around now

Status
Not open for further replies.