View full 2015-16 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
A turd in a field of steaming turds. Enjoy your moral victory you sad sad men.
Ah, the people who aren't rushing to their computers to shit on him and criticize every sub-optimal choice he makes in a game where he's the best player for us are the sad ones. Feck me.

I wonder if he even knows what his username means.

Well I came up with it?

I am only trolling anyway. It was bad of me to do so. If you think this player should be starting for this club then I am in serious disagreement with you, however. To be fair it was a 7/10 performance from him, which was better than 10 of our other players.

He looks clumsy and basic a lot of the time but he did get a goal tonight which might boost his confidence a bit.

Well I came up with it?

I am only trolling anyway. It was bad of me to do so. If you think this player should be starting for this club then I am in serious disagreement with you, however. To be fair it was a 7/10 performance from him, which was better than 10 of our other players.
Obviously it's distracted from a well known topic/group/study/cant think of the right English word in physics but anyway.

I dont think he should be starting for this ub, we should normally have a world class olayer there and he isnt. When I look at the current United, he shouldnt be starting too, he's been really poor generally. But it just baffles me how some try to downplay every single thing he does, he has been decent today, nothing too good, nothing too bad, got us a goal and was our biggest threat. To want him sold, him to do bad, to abuse him as a Man United fan just baffles me (not directly pointing at you). Give him some time, I think he's shown at times that he does have quality and ability and isnt the worst player to ever play for United (as some have said). But he does lack the consistency, final ball and is very frustrating with losing the ball in unneccassary positions. It just seems too hard for people on here to give a fair observation on him.

Obviously it's distracted from a well known topic/group/study/cant think of the right English word in physics but anyway.

I dont think he should be starting for this ub, we should normally have a world class olayer there and he isnt. When I look at the current United, he shouldnt be starting too, he's been really poor generally. But it just baffles me how some try to downplay every single thing he does, he has been decent today, nothing too good, nothing too bad, got us a goal and was our biggest threat. To want him sold, him to do bad, to abuse him as a Man United fan just baffles me (not directly pointing at you). Give him some time, I think he's shown at times that he does have quality and ability and isnt the worst player to ever play for United (as some have said). But he does lack the consistency, final ball and is very frustrating with losing the ball in unneccassary positions. It just seems too hard for people on here to give a fair observation on him.

It is just a play on words. Classical mechanics is classical mechanics, a mechanic fixes cars. Newton is a bit of a hero, if I have any.

I am too hard on Depay. He has a goal in him for sure but to me he is little more than a luxury player because he is so one dimensional and has so many flaws. He just isn't good enough to be carried IMO. To think Di Maria couldn't get in our team because of his wastefulness. Depay is a vastly inferior version of Di Maria on the left to me. I don't see that much upside with him either. Not enough pace, not enough strength, not enough skill, too lazy and he is weak in the tackle.

Young and Valencia are comfortably better than him. OK Depay edges them in end product attacking wise but both Val and Young can defend a bit and look after the ball.

As I mentioned in the match thread:

He doesn't get enough support from his fullback. Even the best wingers need space created by outside or inside runs but there is good reason he doesn't get this support - he doesn't support his fullback when play switches and we have to defend.

Nor is he good enough to warrant tactically catering for this laziness like Nani or Ronaldo were.

It's in his best interests to work harder at getting back and defending because then the fullback will be allowed to support him.

It is just a play on words. Classical mechanics is classical mechanics, a mechanic fixes cars. Newton is a bit of a hero, if I have any.

I am too hard on Depay. He has a goal in him for sure but to me he is little more than a luxury player because he is so one dimensional and has so many flaws. He just isn't good enough to be carried IMO. To think Di Maria couldn't get in our team because of his wastefulness. Depay is a vastly inferior version of Di Maria on the left to me. I don't see that much upside with him either. Not enough pace, not enough strength, not enough skill, too lazy and he is weak in the tackle.

Young and Valencia are comfortably better than him. OK Depay edges them in end product attacking wise but both Val and Young can defend a bit and look after the ball.
Dont agree at all with not enough speed and especially strenght, he did look slow in the beginning of the season but did you watch him today? He does have speed and his strenght make him quite comfortable up front because he can hold up defendees quite easily. He might be skillful but his ball control and dribbling is substandard. He's not really a winger but a wide forward. Valencia wouldnt do a better job attackingly imo, Young would. But he's one dimensional as well. And btw he's just turned 22, to have flaws in your game isnt surreal. It will be a problem if we all see that he isnt working on them while they're holding him back.

Furthermore put things into perspective a bit, he's at a new club, in a new league which is much tougher, faster and different to what he's used to, he's at a club where the system isnt working, even the so called top class players look absolutely woeful here, shot on confidence and he's in an entire new role. Im not trying to make excuses for him because some of his performances have been inexcuseable, but I dont see the need to rush a judgement on him, nor downplay everything he does.

I will be very surprised if he makes it here. Performing for PSV and against Club Brugge/Midgetland (don't even think he was that good today, average while others were shit) doesn't mean much when he is atrocious in the league. His dribbling ability is surprisingly very poor for a wide player and I think it's his laziness which is why a lot of fans have no problem with being blunt when he is poor. I don't think he's displayed anything to make me think he's going to develop into a good player for us instead of being another one to add to the list of average players who looked good in the dutch league.

Dont agree at all with not enough speed and especially strenght, he did look slow in the beginning of the season but did you watch him today? He does have speed and his strenght make him quite comfortable up front because he can hold up defendees quite easily. He might be skillful but his ball control and dribbling is substandard. He's not really a winger but a wide forward. Valencia wouldnt do a better job attackingly imo, Young would. But he's one dimensional as well. And btw he's just turned 22, to have flaws in your game isnt surreal. It will be a problem if we all see that he isnt working on them while they're holding him back.

Furthermore put things into perspective a bit, he's at a new club, in a new league which is much tougher, faster and different to what he's used to, he's at a club where the system isnt working, even the so called top class players look absolutely woeful here, shot on confidence and he's in an entire new role. Im not trying to make excuses for him because some of his performances have been inexcuseable, but I dont see the need to rush a judgement on him, nor downplay everything he does.

He doesn't look strong or fast in the Premier League. He looked really good against Brugge and quite good against this Danish team. In the big league he looks poor. It is about levels. Young can defend quite well IMO. I think he is a better modern full back than Darmian.

Amount of his apologists popping up after today sums up how fecking awful we've become :lol:
People were mostly reacting to the fact that people came in here to have a go at him for insignificant shit while the rest of the team were busy having a shocker. He was getting more shit than the players who were giving away goals and playing like amateurs, but yeah, the people criticizing that behavior are the laughable ones.

He doesn't look strong or fast in the Premier League. He looked really good against Brugge and quite good against this Danish team. In the big league he looks poor. It is about levels. Young can defend quite well IMO. I think he is a better modern full back than Darmian.
Well he does, it's not his physical flaws imo in the PL, more that his handling and technique isnt to the right standard. He played vs Yedlin in the weekend and wasnt much slower if any, and he is one of the fastest players in the world. He's played up front a few times and could battle properly with the CB's, hold up play, even won some headers (remember it very well from the Bournemouth game where he scored, he was up front then). But in the PL, his decision making, slowness in thought, bad passing, bad dribbling, poor defending cost him time and time again. Even though I thought he was one of the better attackers in the 2nd half too vs Sunderland, nothing too great but was better than the others.

Wasn't great tonight, but he tried to force the issue, which was nice to see. He actually tried to take on his man tonight, and was far less predictable. Mixed up his game well. With Rooney out, I guess we'll see more of him down the left. Needs to build from this performance.

Where did you see them I wonder?

Match thread and this thread.

The trend is still the same for him - decent performances against crap sides in Europe, absolutely abysmal in PL. And today his goal masked quite many flaws that many are pointing out, I still can't get my head around people who praise him beating their fullbacks when every time bar 1-2 when he's done that his crosses were either blocked or shite. One exception being the Mata failed header.

Even the shit like 'yo, he looks like he lost muscles and runs faster, actually tracks back', we've been here before, he really doesn't.

Imo Memphis is a very good footballer with the potential to be one of the worlds best. He is playing in a team with confidence rock bottom and zero swagger. He needs to be in a positive environment. I have said this ever since he has been in not the best form.
It's clear to see he has the tools to be such a good footballer.

There's a player in Memphis, the talent is obvious. It'll all click one day.

The trend is still the same for him - decent performances against crap sides in Europe, absolutely abysmal in PL. And today his goal masked quite many flaws that many are pointing out, I still can't get my head around people who praise him beating their fullbacks when every time bar 1-2 when he's done that his crosses were either blocked or shite. One exception being the Mata failed header.

Even the shit like 'yo, he looks like he lost muscles and runs faster, actually tracks back', we've been here before, he really doesn't.
Fecking hell! So calling someone out for coming in here to have a go at him when he's actually having a decent game is being an apologist? I think you need to look up the definition of that word, because it doesn't mean what you seem to think it means.

Fecking hell! So calling someone out for coming in here to have a go at him when he's actually having a decent game is being an apologist? I think you need to look up the definition of that word, because it doesn't mean what you seem to think it means.

Yes yes, thank you for that patronising shit, highly appreciated, on my way to check it up.

Does a good thing, but then spoils it by doing something shite about 2 seconds later. Rinses his man with a turn or a trick, then blasts it against himself for a goal kick, or gets tackled when he had all the time in the world to play the ball.

I still want to see what a manager with more fluid tactics and an ability to form relationships and motivate his players can do with him. He seems an emotional lad who dwells on everything. Ronaldo was similar. He was managed perfectly by Fergie. I'm not saying Memphis is or will be anywhere near as good, but he needs to be managed by someone with a bit more softness than Louis van Robot.

I guess that makes me a Memphis Apologist too. Forgive me for not wanting to draw a line under a talented young player after only 5 months of mostly off the bench cameos in games where the whole team is playing shit and he is seemingly expected to save us single handed.

Nobody is saying that he played great or something, he was decent. The hatred he got from some was unwarranted and those poster were called out for that. That was it. Furthermore, he wasnt abysnal vs Sunderland as well, not good either but he seems to be improving a bit and credits where its due. Why do you feel the urge to just slag your own players off I wonder genuinely.

Technically I think the kid has now scored more goals for us than Ashley Young has scored in the last 4 seasons. How's that for statistics?

We are proper fecked.

Nobody is saying that he played great or something, he was decent. The hatred he got from some was unwarranted and those poster were called out for that. That was it. Furthermore, he wasnt abysnal vs Sunderland as well, not good either but he seems to be improving a bit and credits where its due. Why do you feel the urge to just slag your own players off I wonder genuinely.

But the 'you can obviously see the talent in him' shit comes back which is laughable, I still can't see it unless the new standards of 'where you can see talent' are against types of Brugge and Midjtylland, thus my comment about how the mighty have fallen.

Abysmal, shite, very bad, make your call really.

As for why I feel the 'urge to slag my own players', see, I really don't. You won't find me talking shit in other players' thread most of the time, not my thing, even today I've given him credit where it's due for his goal but this guy is bringing all the shit on himself due to his absolutely awful attitude on the pitch which is the most repeated reason by the most who give him shit and by some for his cringeworthy off-pitch behaviour, about which I couldn't care less.

Most players even when they are playing subpar bust their gut out, he doesn't, 90% of the matches he didn't. If he wants the respect from the fans he has to earn it, he's taking stuff for granted. He's already made it, which will probably be his downfall.

If he is going to play it shouldn't be on the left for the time being. Stick him upfront, he has the movement for it and won't necessarily have to beat a man. Martial was poor tonight and is the only player we have who works on the left, why f*ck that up just because Rooney is injured.

Decent game tonight but he still struggles with many of the key challenges that playing on the left presents.

But the 'you can obviously see the talent in him' shit comes back which is laughable, I still can't see it unless the new standards of 'where you can see talent' are against types of Brugge and Midjtylland, thus my comment about how the mighty have fallen.

Abysmal, shite, very bad, make your call really.

As for why I feel the 'urge to slag my own players', see, I really don't. You won't find me talking shit in other players' thread most of the time, not my thing, even today I've given him credit where it's due for his goal but this guy is bringing all the shit on himself due to his absolutely awful attitude on the pitch which is the most repeated reason by the most who give him shit and by some for his cringeworthy off-pitch behaviour, about which I couldn't care less.

Most players even when they are playing subpar bust their gut out, he doesn't, 90% of the matches he didn't. If he wants the respect from the fans he has to earn it, he's taking stuff for granted. He's already made it, which will probably be his downfall.
If you dont see it, you dont. I cant open your eyes or change your view or anything. What annoys me is "fans" wanting their own players to fail just so they can say I told you so. After every bad pass repeat how shit a player is, and close their eyes for the good thing they do. I find it embarassing. I wont disagree with you that Memphis has been poor, that's the obvious. But I wont right him off as well, and I think this attitude thing that keeps getting referred to is a bit overplayed now. I've seen him doing plenty of defensive work lately, or is he supposed to track back everytime the opponent have the ball?

If you dont see it, you dont. I cant open your eyes or change your view or anything. What annoys me is "fans" wanting their own players to fail just so they can say I told you so. After every bad pass repeat how shit a player is, and close their eyes for the good thing they do. I find it embarassing. I wont disagree with you that Memphis has been poor, that's the obvious. But I wont right him off as well, and I think this attitude thing that keeps getting referred to is a bit overplayed now. I've seen him doing plenty of defensive work lately, or is he supposed to track back everytime the opponent have the ball?

That would essentially mean that I want my team to lose so you're barking up the wrong tree again.

I'd say that actually tracking back when he's lost the ball would be a good start. He hasn't done that against Chelsea which resulted in goal, there was a situation which was mentioned here and in the Rooney thread against Blunderland when he's lost the ball and it was Rooney who was still ahead of him that actually chased the guy back while Depay was still jogging back. His fecking awful laziness on the pitch really is, sadly, not overplayed. Which I'm sure will be taken into account once, hopefully, Jose arrives.

Will be better when Shaw returns and LVG leaves. I truly believe that.

But if not, will be sold. I dont think LVG has done him any favours at all.

I'm willing to give him a pass this season.

Young foreign player in his first season in PL playing in a rubbish team with confused identity... It's not his fault.

Can only hope he flourishes with a fresh start next season

I don't see any outstanding talent, I don't see enough speed either. He can be neat & tidy, I even see the occasional good idea but just how bad is the Dutch League?

I don't see any outstanding talent, I don't see enough speed either. He can be neat & tidy, I even see the occasional good idea but just how bad is the Dutch League?
Not that bad, but defenders tend to be inexperienced, and judged on a lot of other stuff than basic defending. The main difference for an attacking player is that he only has to beat one man once, and then has time to look and pick out a pass. In the PL and Europe a player has to think quick and act quick after that too, otherwise has to beat the same defender again, or the next man. Depay still has trouble adjusting to that pace and rythm. Besides that he's not even close to his 2014-2015 form.

As I mentioned in the match thread:

He doesn't get enough support from his fullback. Even the best wingers need space created by outside or inside runs but there is good reason he doesn't get this support - he doesn't support his fullback when play switches and we have to defend.

Nor is he good enough to warrant tactically catering for this laziness like Nani or Ronaldo were.

It's in his best interests to work harder at getting back and defending because then the fullback will be allowed to support him.

Spot on, the only fullback to support him was Shaw as he ate up ground that easily he could cover for Memphis lack of work and still offer an outlet in attack. Our other options don't risk it, perfect example last night was Blind hardly bothering to overlap like he did when paired with Young on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.