View full 2015-16 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Complete wank? So beside his goal every other thing he did was just bad right?

Yes. He's shite.

And we're playing who haven't played in a couple of months and who conceded 12 goals in the group stages. He's found his level.

Look at the reaction Carrick got for gifting them a goal and compare that to Depay failing to take his man on, ridiculously Depay gets more slack! In fact, 5 minutes after the goal and MC thread still hasn't been bumped.

He is completely brainless. Some rank amateur stuff out there tonight. Despite his goal he has been awful. Carrick has money in the bank from years of service for Manchester United. Although him and Herrera has been diabolical between them.

Every one of our attacks from open play have involved Depay, there's a reason why he finds himself in good positions.
Im really confused, it looks like Akash is always watching a different match as I am. I'm not implying Memphis has been brilliant or even good, but he's got involved in some dangerous plays, good hold up, decent free kick, good cross after, but also few poor dribble and passes. But that's seems to be "complete wank".

Im really confused, it looks like Akash is always watching a different match as I am. I'm not implying Memphis has been brilliant or even good, but he's got involved in some dangerous plays, good hold up, decent free kick, good cross after, but also few poor dribble and passes. But that's seems to be "complete wank".
I'd like to watch the match you are. He's been shite. He's got a stat to pad out people's arguments for how undoubtedly talented he is though.

He is completely brainless. Some rank amateur stuff out there tonight. Despite his goal he has been awful. Carrick has money in the bank from years of service for Manchester United. Although him and Herrera has been diabolical between them.
Except he hasnt, he's beaten his man what 5 times? Held the ball up well, tracked back, won headers he had no right to win, put Lingard away with a lovely control and volley pass, he's also messed up 2 passes and failed to take his man on but that's all that's been focused on.

Look at the reaction Carrick got for gifting them a goal and compare that to Depay failing to take his man on, ridiculously Depay gets more slack! In fact, 5 minutes after the goal and MC thread still hasn't been bumped.
Memphis actually made a great run on that same play and should have been played through.

he's been pretty bad. he got a goal, but there's very little to show from that half. to be fair to him, there aren't a lot of players that covered themselves in glory in the first half.

Im not talking about that, has he been completely wank this first half?

Well, compared to some of his team mates (Herrera, Carrick and Mata) he's looked positive world class which doesn't say much because they've all been unbelievably shite. Depay has also been absolutely awful though. Doesn't look as bad as he sually does but that's to be expected given he's playing a team that's actually worse than Brugge

Not everything is coming off for him and clearly he is lacking confidence but I don't mind that as he remains a threat.

Attack the post, not the poster. Attack the post, not the poster. Attack the post, not the poster.

There are some idiots in this thread.

Memphis has made some good runs, played in people, put in a great cross and scored a goal.

What other attacker has done as much as him this half? All well and good saying it's Midgetland, but none of other players are doing much.

Cut him some slack you vultures.

People have already made their mind up. His always involved when we're creating. That passenger on the right flank should be criticized if you want to, but he is creating and looking good.

Except he hasnt, he's beaten his man what 5 times? Held the ball up well, tracked back, won headers he had no right to win, put Lingard away with a lovely control and volley pass, he's also messed up 2 passes and failed to take his man on but that's all that's been focused on.

According to Whoscored he has 3 successful dribbles but has been dispossessed 5 times. 1 stupid freekick, one pass out of play when he passed to Herrera's dummy run?! He ignored Martial on a simple one two that would have put him in and dallied on a cross because he was looking at the ball, he ended up hitting it straight at the defender. He has 0 tackles and 0 interceptions.

his manner on the pitch is like he holds all the records in world of football and is the best player on the planet yet he did feck all so far and is playing on a very low level.....he should put his head down and work his ass off on the pitch and people(well, some) would be more forgivable about poor performances.

Well, compared to some of his team mates (Herrera, Carrick and Mata) he's looked positive world class which doesn't say much because they've all been unbelievably shite. Depay has also been absolutely awful though. Doesn't look as bad as he sually does but that's to be expected given he's playing a team that's actually worse than Brugge
And what made him absolutely awful? Did he do more terrible things or good things or? It seems like you just slag everything and everyone off, Herrera's shit, Memphis' shit, Schneiderlin a whole new level of shit, Carrick shit, Rooney shit, everything shit. Anyway I'm not implying that Memphis has been brilliant or good today, but I can say that he's had poor moments, touches, passes as well as good touches, hold up, challenges, passing the rb, and ofcourse bagging a goal. Just cant see how that translates into "completely wank, absolutely awful".

He's so bereft of ideas when he has the ball, it's pathetic. He's talented or so am told, and maybe he truly is, but I'm yet to see a hint of that talent.

According to Whoscored he has 3 successful dribbles but has been dispossessed 5 times. 1 stupid freekick, one pass out of play when he passed to Herrera's dummy run?! He ignored Martial on a simple one two that would have put him in and dallied on a cross because he was looking at the ball, he ended up hitting it straight at the defender. He has 0 tackles and 0 interceptions.
I can guarantee for example that he's won the ball back so that's bullshit.

He desperately needs the summer break and pre-season because right now he's barely looking like a footballer and I know he's capable of way more than he's showing.

He seems to struggle at the very basic elements of the game so him trying the elaborate stuff looks embarrassing at times. It also doesn't help that he's extremely leggy for a wide player.

Memphis has been our best player by a distance in that half, you lot are fecking crazy. Made your mind up on the kid and won't change it for anything. The rest have been shite so I'm not saying he's been amazing, but he's gotten past his man consistently, worked hard, had a few dangerous moments, scored a goal... Nobody else for United has done anything remotely useful so it's completely mad that he's getting slack again

Yea, because he dresses a bit 'out there' and drives nice cars internet muppets have decided he's an arrogant prick.
No. Personally it's because he has been pretty shit so doesn't have the history of being a good player for our club that Hernandez had and he's a lazy bastard. You can pretend it's because of his clothes if you want and it's nothing to do with how he performs but I think you'd be wrong.

Memphis has been our best player by a distance in that half, you lot are fecking crazy. Made your mind up on the kid and won't change it for anything. The rest have been shite so I'm not saying he's been amazing, but he's gotten past his man consistently, worked hard, had a few dangerous moments, scored a goal... Nobody else for United has done anything remotely useful so it's completely mad that he's getting slack again

Except for Lingard who got the assist and created another chance.

Yea, because he dresses a bit 'out there' and drives nice cars internet muppets have decided he's an arrogant prick.

Don't include me in that. I couldn't care less what he does off the pitch.

And what made him absolutely awful? Did he do more terrible things or good things or? It seems like you just slag everything and everyone off, Herrera's shit, Memphis' shit, Schneiderlin a whole new level of shit, Carrick shit, Rooney shit, everything shit. Anyway I'm not implying that Memphis has been brilliant or good today, but I can say that he's had poor moments, touches, passes as well as good touches, hold up, challenges, passing the rb, and ofcourse bagging a goal. Just cant see how that translates into "completely wank, absolutely awful".

Correct. They're all fecking shite except Martial and De Gea. However, some of them have shown to good enough at least unlike Memphis who's not United standard by any metric. Not even the current United team.

Great run and he wasn't offside.

He's a real forward, he moves like a forward not a winger. Makes those types of Run.

Think he was fairly decent first half. He took the goal well considering he was off balance and falling.

Think a lot of the criticism is a tad harsh. He's a young lad and sometimes he does frustrate... but he makes things happen more than anyone else in our team besides Martial.

The free kick was the definition of stupid. What are the chances of beating the keeper from there? Just because it went on target doesn't mean it is good. Mata should be swinging in a cross from there.
Not that it holds any value for you but he's scored them previously (not for us obviously) so obviously he'll still try them. It got us a corner eventually right (?) so no where as near as a big deal as you make of it. Ofcourse a normal cross is the normal better option, but how much threat that does give in our team.

He scored and did a pretty neat turn in their box.

Other than that he has been wank as usual.

As I write this I have just seen Martial take on two players and set up a chance that should have been a goal. He is younger and 10 times the player Memphis is.

He scored and did a pretty neat turn in there box.

Other than that he has been wank as usual.

As I write this I have just seen Martial take on two players and set up a chance that should have been a goal. He is younger and 10 times the player Memphis is.
And if Memphis had done the same he'd have been slated for not shooting.

Seriously, the amount of hate people give him on here is disgusting. As bad or worse then what Fellaini got/gets. And he hasn't had anywhere close to as much time to prove himself and is just a young player (who has shown plenty of promise in the past). Best player on the pitch for us and he's getting criticized more then any other United player for what exactly? Because he took a shot from a free kick that required a save? Better then hitting the wall or going out for a goal kick like the vast majority of freekicks we take from other players.

You're psychic? That's amazing dude. You should use your powers for worthwhile deeds.
No. How many weeks this season could we have played that game with Depay as winner? As it goes he's still behind Martial tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.