View full 2015-16 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Where were all those other brave men charging the ball down with their neck outstretched from that shot then? He's playing poorly in a poor side, it frankly rather childish the way you react to it.
There's the excuse coming shortly after. Amongst a plethora of excuse riddled posts talking up his contributions.

Still waiting for those posts.
Still waiting for you to explain why you didn't regale us with tales of you watching him in a 95page thread about him before he signed. Your most telling contribution there was you thought his name was cool.

Still waiting for you to explain why you didn't regale us with tales of you watching him in a 95page thread about him before he signed. Your most telling contribution there was you thought his name was cool.
Still waiting on that post, just one little post.

Still waiting on that post, just one little post.
I said we would've had a stronger team with Young on Friday night. It doesn't mean Depay hasn't been great tonight and his being great doesn't mean I was wrong on Friday. Football isn't about petty point scoring. I'm not a child.

He's been a bit of an enigma so far. He flits between looking great and really dangerous to incapable of doing the most basic things. And once again went home with 20 minutes left.
There's two for you from this thread. Care to tell us why you weren't talking about his performances in his thread since you watched him so much last season?

There's two for you from this thread. Care to tell us why you weren't talking about his performances in his thread since you watched him so much last season?
115 posts in this thread and this is the best you can come up with :lol:

think I'll end it there, someone else can argue aimlessly with you, it's like banging my head against a wall with you and I can't seem to stop, @Rado_N possible to thread ban me for a week or so?

Last edited:
@acnumber9 is right. You can use all the excuses you want but his form has been very concerning and worrying and there's been very little of his supposed talent on view and even then mostly against lower league garbage. He's not been inconsistent, which is what you'd expect, but been downright shite for most of the season.

There's been just about enough to suggest (Or maybe that's just me being hopeful) that he could eventually turn out to be a good buy but going on about how he scored a bazillion goals in a shite Dutch league is pointless.

@acnumber9 is right. You can use all the excuses you want but his form has been very concerning and worrying and there's been very little of his supposed talent on view and even then mostly against lower league garbage. He's not been inconsistent, which is what you'd expect, but been downright shite for most of the season.

There's been just about enough to suggest (Or maybe that's just me being hopeful) that he could eventually turn out to be a good buy but going on about how he scored a bazillion goals in a shite Dutch league is pointless.
Or scored 2 goals and assisted in the WC, or was PSV's main man in the Europa League for two season is pointless as well? And that shite league, look at players like Bojan, Wijnaldum, Pieters, Tadic, Pelle, Blind, they arent doing too bad in the best league of the universe arent they?

Or scored 2 goals and assisted in the WC, or was PSV's main man in the Europa League for two season is pointless as well? And that shite league, look at players like Bojan, Wijnaldum, Pieters, Tadic, Pelle, Blind, they arent doing too bad in the best league of the universe arent they?

He was average at the world cup, average in the Europa league despite goals against some more third rate crap and disappearing against anyone half decent. And he's been shite at United. So, yes, it all boils down to a deluge of goals he scored in the Dutch League. There's nothing else to fall back on when it comes to Depay. If you want to cling to that pretend he's very good, good on you. Don't expect everyone else to fall in like with your delusion.

Not one the players you mentioned is at the level we need our first XI to be. Not sure what you're point is.

"Best League in the universe". What the feck are you talking about?

Last edited:
He was average at the world cup, average in the Europa league despite goals against some more third rate crap and disappearing against anyone half decent. And he's been shite at United. So, yes, it all boils down to a deluge of goals he scored in the Dutch League. There's else to fall back on when it comes to Depay. If you want to cling to that pretend he's very good, good on you. Don't expect everyone else to fall in like with your delusion.

Not one the players you mentioned is at the level we need our first XI to be. Not sure what you're point is.

My delusion? Think you should turn that right round, you're whole post is just full of agenda.

My delusion? Think you should turn that right round, you're whole post is just full of agenda.

I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about.

I'm full of agenda for suggesting Depay has been shite so far? Ok then....

He was average at the world cup, average in the Europa league despite goals against some more third rate crap and disappearing against anyone half decent. And he's been shite at United. So, yes, it all boils down to a deluge of goals he scored in the Dutch League. There's nothing else to fall back on when it comes to Depay. If you want to cling to that pretend he's very good, good on you. Don't expect everyone else to fall in like with your delusion.

I really don't get it cause how many young players hit the ground running in any team in their first season? Footballs not a science and we've seen a proven World Class players that have failed. Unfortunate in modern football, no one gets the benefit of time.

I really don't get it cause how many young players hit the ground running in any team in their first season? Footballs not a science and we've seen a proven World Class players that have failed. Unfortunate in modern football, no one gets the benefit of time.

I didn't expect him to hit the ground running and take the league by storm. I did expect to see more glimpses of his talent though. It's one thing being a young inconsistent attacking talent in a new league (Nani) but Depay has been really really bad.

And no one's writing him off. Calling his performances for what they have been so far is fair in my books.

I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about.

I'm full of agenda for suggesting Depay has been shite so far? Ok then....
No because he has been shite, but saying that he hasnt shown anything in his career, average at WC, average Europe League, Eredivisie shite league, put down the players that I named (actually most of them could easily start here, and forgot Eriksen, Alderweireld, Verthongen as well), that is agenda driven. Everyone can see that Deoay has been poor so far.

No because he has been shite, but saying that he hasnt shown anything in his career, average at WC, average Europe League, Eredivisie shite league, put down the players that I named (actually most of them could easily start here, and forgot Eriksen, Alderweireld, Verthongen as well), that is agenda driven. Everyone can see that Deoay has been poor so far.

It's not agenda driven if it's true. The Eredevisie is obviously a bit shit (at least relatively) and common sense dictates that bringing up his goal scoring stats each time someone questions is talent is pointless. For every good striker Eredevisie produces there seems to be an equally crap one. And he was the main man there, taking every freekick and basically played like an wide striker which accounted for a lot of his goals.

And yes, he was bang average at the WC. The entire Dutch teams was bang average aside from the one game against Spain. Only saw him a once or twice in Europa but he didn't pull up any trees. Goals against the mighty Estoril and Chornomorets Odessa must mean he was great though.

115 posts in this thread and this is the best you can come up with :lol:

think I'll end it there, someone else can argue aimlessly with you, it's like banging my head against a wall with you and I can't seem to stop, @Rado_N possible to thread ban me for a week or so?
It amounts to double your criticism. I've been consistent throughout. You've lied about watching loads of Dutch football.

It's not agenda driven if it's true. The Eredevisie is obviously a bit shit (at least relatively) and common sense dictates that bringing up his goal scoring stats each time someone questions is talent is pointless. For every good striker Eredevisie produces there seems to be an equally crap one. And he was the main man there, taking every freekick and basically played like an wide striker which accounted for a lot of his goals.

And yes, he was bang average at the WC. The entire Dutch teams was bang average aside from the one game against Spain. Only saw him a once or twice in Europa but he didn't pull up any trees. Goals against the mighty Estoril and Chornomorets Odessa must mean he was great though.
Never mind mate..

It's not great to directly compare players but he could be like Kondogbia, after every moves Kondogbia seems to need one season to settle and after that he flies. But on a more serious note, I think that it's near impossible for a normal talent to perform directly in a team that plays a different type of football and isn't really playing like a proper team, I mean just look at Hazard he is vastly superior to Memphis but he still struggled badly when the entire team turned shit, football is a team game after all.

I'm not a huge follower of the Dutch league but you surely can't believe that it's a bit shit...whatever "relatively" is meant to mean in this context. Not being as good as the few recognised big ones doesn't make the Eredivisie shit. You shouldn't need to denigrate Depay's achievements as a young man in a competitive league to make your point.

The fact is that he has been disappointing this year compared to all of the OTT hype and that is often the case with a new league and that is hard to dispute. The arguement will be whether he's got another level in him or whether he found it in Holland. I believe he has shown enough flashes of ability for the former but who knows. We shall see....

I didn't expect him to hit the ground running and take the league by storm. I did expect to see more glimpses of his talent though. It's one thing being a young inconsistent attacking talent in a new league (Nani) but Depay has been really really bad.

And no one's writing him off. Calling his performances for what they have been so far is fair in my books.

Read the posts, there's many writing him off. I do think after the Shaw injury, we seen a down turn in his form and also I think he's genuining trying too hard to impress. Football isn't easy for him at the moment....

Read the posts, there's many writing him off. I do think after the Shaw injury, we seen a down turn in his form and also I think he's genuining trying too hard to impress. Football isn't easy for him at the moment....

I think that's all right and in particular, I do believe that the Shaw injury has had a bigger impact than people realise.....

All true but there's nothing wrong with pointing out that he's been poor although I do think the Shaw injury is just an excuse. He was poor in the league even with Shaw there.

I do think LVG is using him correctly now. Sub appearance are the way to go with him right now and he had a couple of encouraging cameos before the Liverpool game.

Well done for being consistently wrong :lol:
On what exactly? Have I been wrong in saying he hasn't been very good? Am I wrong in pointing out that being top goal scorer in Holland is not currently a sign of being a great player? Do tell. I know you watch a lot of Dutch football. Is Luke De Jong a great talent?

On what exactly? Have I been wrong in saying he hasn't been very good? Am I wrong in pointing out that being top goal scorer in Holland is not currently a sign of being a great player? Do tell. I know you watch a lot of Dutch football. Is Luke De Jong a great talent?
You know I can't think of a single player who's come from the Dutch league and performed (this the Dutch league you admitted you dont watch), you're ramblings become more and more ridiculous :lol:

Last edited:
All true but there's nothing wrong with pointing out that he's been poor although I do think the Shaw injury is just an excuse. He was poor in the league even with Shaw there.

I do think LVG is using him correctly now. Sub appearance are the way to go with him right now and he had a couple of encouraging cameos before the Liverpool game.

Not sure a excuse to be honest, just an observation. Shaw was his friend and they struck it off so as he came. It's like that mate at work that you can have a laugh when's things are good, bad and indifferent. Shaws in rehibilation and I think he's missed him. Most of the young lads there know each other from a younger age, and the older lot in the first team are significantly older and or married. OT can be a lonely place especially when your not from England. Bit different but if you've relocated for work reasons, money doesn't make it any easier.

Vid version.

I find this whole "returning to PSV 5 underperforming months later for a farewell' very strange. Not least given his questionable attitude towards application and the current state of affairs at OT. All this aside from the fact that he already returned there with Utd on 15th September anyway!

Not like Martial went back to Monaco to get his ego massaged... Or any player ever beforehand?!

I find this whole "returning to PSV 5 underperforming months later for a farewell' very strange. Not least given his questionable attitude towards application and the current state of affairs at OT. All this aside from the fact that he already returned there with Utd on 15th September anyway!

Not like Martial went back to Monaco to get his ego massaged... Or any player ever beforehand?!
The relationship between Memphis and PSV is a special one.

If you asked me which one player would definitely, 100%, be a far, far better under a different manager that isn't LVG... then my answer would be Memphis.

Martial won nothing with Monaco and it might be ridiculous but for a club like PSV 6 years without title was a very long time.

Martial won nothing with Monaco and it might be ridiculous but for a club like PSV 6 years without title was a very long time.

Still don't get it... He's a Man Utd player now, he's already been back at PSV wearing the Utd jersey.
Don't see Mata going back to Chelsea for a fanfare, regardless of when they last won the league.

:lol: the José of footballer & ex-clubs!
Memphis has been in their academy for years, he was a difficult kid and PSV was like his home and brought him on the right path. They gave him a chance and he took it with both hands, he could have left before last season after bids from big clubs, but said that he wanted to stay one year extra to bring PSV the title. That's what he did, became topscorer and lead them to the title. So they have a mutual relationship of respect and in some way love, PSV fans absolutely love him for last season. Probably it was the club that offered this, this happens all the time in Holland especially and has absolutely nothing to do with "his ego" or his current performances at Man United.

Still don't get it... He's a Man Utd player now, he's already been back at PSV wearing the Utd jersey.
Don't see Mata going back to Chelsea for a fanfare, regardless of when they last won the league.

He is a youth product, he is one of them, they love him, he loves them.

This.

He drove them to the title. It was obviously a special season for the club.

Don't see the problem. Wijnaldum was there too. Rooney went to watch an Everton game a few weeks back. Who cares?

United players have lives outside of United, and outside of football. Regardless of how much they are paid, expecting them to simply live and breathe United and nothing else is unreasonable, and it just won't happen.

Reminds me of when footballers post non-football things on Instagram. The comments are hilarious. Memphis (I think it was) posted a picture of a plate of spaghetti recently, and he got hammered for it, telling him to forget food and concentrate on football. Darmian's recent post about his injury seemed to have everyone telling him how to be a better right back. A bunch of spotty teens whose only experience of football is a game of FIFA, coaching a pro, with specific advice. Ace.

Makes me wish I was a footballer, just for the social media trolling. "Yeah, thanks mate. I'll work harder and make the right passes in future. Sorry for being shit"

Status
Not open for further replies.