5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
This.

He drove them to the title. It was obviously a special season for the club.

Still don't get it... Should we roll out the welcome banners for Danny Welbeck?! He was a youth product at Utd and won a league before he left!

Its bizarre entirely.

Still don't get it... Should we roll out the welcome banners for Danny Welbeck?! He was a youth product at Utd and won a league before he left!

Its bizarre entirely.
The fact that you compare it to Welbeck winning a league title at United tells me that you don't understand the season Memphis had for them, nor the season it was for them. From what I know, he was more like their Ronaldo, than their Welbeck, and it was a very memorable title for them.

Its bizarre entirely.

Did we spent half a decade without title and did Welbeck scored 25 goals to help us win it?

The fact that you compare it to Welbeck winning a league title at United tells me that you don't understand the season Memphis had for them, nor the season it was for them. From what I know, he was more like their Ronaldo, than their Welbeck, and it was a very memorable title for them.

I simply don't care what kind of season he had for them. I care about the kind of season he's had for us... a complete non-event, in the midst of which he heads back to PSV to have his ego massaged.

Did we spent half a decade without title and did Welbeck scored 25 goals to help us win it?

So it's now a thing in football that you return to the ghosts of your successful past to bolster your ego when you're having a crap season? He's a Utd player, he needs to focus on the here and now and not the there and then.

I really don't see what the big deal is, seriously.
Hes been poor for us yes, hopefully he can turn it around, but that doesn't mean the lad isn't allowed to lead a normal life outside of his commitments to the club.

I simply don't care what kind of season he had for them. I care about the kind of season he's had for us... a complete non-event, in the midst of which he heads back to PSV to have his ego massaged.
Bit strange to "simply not care" about something yet post about how it is bizarre.

Bit strange to "simply not care" about something yet post about how it is bizarre.

If you read back though my posts you'll note that I "don't care what kind of season he's had for them"

The only thing I rendered bizarre was the fanfare a Man Utd player got for returning to his former club, mid-season, when our own season is in turmoil, and he's been 2 goals shy of terrible & he's been under-performing consistently.

If you read back though my posts you'll note that I "don't care what kind of season he's had for them"

The only thing I rendered bizarre was the fanfare a Man Utd player got for returning to his former club, mid-season, when our own season is in turmoil, and he's been 2 goals shy of terrible & he's been under-performing consistently.
Which is why you're wrong. Feel free to find him returning there bizarre, that's your wish. But there's absolutely nothing bizarre about the fan fare he got when he returned there, given he was a talisman for a huge league title for PSV, and they don't give two fecks about his United-career not meeting expectations so far (obviously).

Which is why you're wrong. Feel free to find him returning there bizarre, that's your wish. But there's absolutely nothing bizarre about the fan fare he got when he returned there, given he was a talisman for a huge league title for PSV, and they don't give two fecks about his United-career not meeting expectations so far (obviously).

I don't care about the fanfare he got, I just find his return there, pitch-walk & media attention strange given the state of his year for us.

For the record, I couldn't care less about PSV, their title win, his goals for them or how they receive him. I only care that he's underperforming for Utd and him re-visiting his old club was strange.

I'm done with this.

I don't care about the fanfare he got, I just find his return there, pitch-walk & media attention strange given the state of his year for us.

For the record, I couldn't care less about PSV, their title win, his goals for them or how they receive him. I only care that he's underperforming for Utd and him re-visiting his old club was strange.

I'm done with this.
You really havent got a clue about what you're talking.

This post says otherwise, given you found the reception bizarre only moments ago.

Its bizarre entirely.

I'm done with this.
Of course.

The reactions here over a simple event!!!

Thumb rule on caf:

Player cant go for dinner buffets if they lose a match
Should not buy new gadgets, cars after losing a match
Managers should not attend family events because they lost the match

I love when people get outraged over something a footballer did in his life :lol:

The "logic" being that if you are playing like shit, you should suspend all other activities and train 24/7.

It's obvious LVG doesn't trust him. A 27m signing you just bought should be playing ffs.

Not really a big fan of his, but considering the price we paid for him, he should be given an opportunity, particularly ahead of Lingard.

Wont even get minutes against Derby ffs. If the coaches think he's that way behind technically
, we should get rid in the summer.

Not really a big fan of his, but considering the price we paid for him, he should be given an opportunity, particularly ahead of Lingard.

Think he has been stone average but he should certainly not be judged fully. He should at least be given next season also to find his way. He has great potential and I hope he fills it here. And yes Lingard is not what we need, I seen a lot of people slag of Newcastle for signing Townsend but he's a much better player than Lingard.

I guess that the paper is more or less understandable seeing how often he shits himself during the match, water's probably to wash all the shit but to take a fecking full-kit-wanker-squire with you to the shopping?

He's doing himself no favours really.

He's doing himself no favours really.

To be fair, while all that bog roll and water is a bit weird, it's hardly calssic prima-donna / spoilt footballer behaviour. Andrex and Evian don't scream out "I'm better than you, pleb!" to me.

As for FKW... well, I guess you can't really control what your mates wear.

To be fair, while all that bog roll and water is a bit weird, it's hardly calssic prima-donna / spoilt footballer behaviour. Andrex and Evian don't scream out "I'm better than you, pleb!" to me.

As for FKW... well, I guess you can't really control what your mates wear.

Was joking a bit obviously.

This ain't half as bad as the golden grill shit he used to wear.

Shock horror they made a mention of his 250k car yet again.

I wish we'd play 433 and get him back in the team. He has all the potential in the world.

Permanently frozen out of team like Di Maria. Great way to make signings succeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.