View full 2015-16 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
That his total assists. How many came from beating a player to the line and crossing? The ones that instantly come to my mind are the cut in and cross against Bruges. The cut in and pass away to Bruges. His pass through the middle against Ipswich and him shooting and hitting the post against Southampton.
You only have to go back one game to find him beating his man and putting in a delightful ball to Fellaini on the outside or the game before when he won us a penalty by beating his man on the outside.

His body language is signaling he's submissive nowadays. Ever since that idiotic header that almost cost Van Gaal job he's been looking ashamed. I still think Van Gaal should keep him under restriction and make him prove he's a superstar instead of just trying to look like one. I'm not impressed with these guys born in the 90's who show up with their freaking caps, hair and tattoos as if they were some sort of Mexican gang member/black american gangster rapper. You're a footballer ffs, not a manga toy. No way SAF would have had any of this.

His body language is signaling he's submissive nowadays. Ever since that idiotic header that almost cost Van Gaal job he's been looking ashamed. I still think Van Gaal should keep him under restriction and make him prove he's a superstar instead of just trying to look like one. I'm not impressed with these guys born in the 90's who show up with their freaking caps, hair and tattoos as if they were some sort of Mexican gang member/black american gangster rapper. You're a footballer ffs, not a manga toy. No way SAF would have had any of this.
Yeah right....
I dont care how many caps or tattoos they have, as long as they perform well. Dont see a correlation at all. In the end, it's the talent and attitude that counts for young players
BTW, Messi has one arm fully tattoed...

Yeah right....
I dont care how many caps or tattoos they have, as long as they perform well. Dont see a correlation at all. In the end, it's the talent and attitude that counts for young players
Yeah, but Messi looks like a white indie rocker, and not a black rapper!

I have been thinking about it hard and long. I have conducted some research, watched our matches over again where he has played and come to the conclusion that We have bought a dutch donkey, who can only do one thing that is cut in on his right foot and he fails miserably at it too. I never wanted us to sign him, We bought a 30 million pound donkey!

Matteo Darmian is a devout Christian who abhors tattoos but he's struggled just as much as Memphis. Somehow, I don't think the ink on his skin and the length at which he grows his mutton chops is what is affecting his game.

Matteo Darmian is a devout Christian who abhors tattoos but he's struggled just as much as Memphis. Somehow, I don't think the ink on his skin and the length at which he grows his mutton chops is what is affecting his game.

Mutton chops affect aerodynamics and tattoos add unnecessary weight, that's why we are seeing a slower Memphis who can't beat his man....basic science.

It seems pretty obvious that he's not as gifted as the likes of Martial and Sterling in terms of close control and being in complete control of the ball in tight situations. However, hopefully what we've seen this season is a bad representation of him in this regard, and even if he's not going to match the above two in the same, he can still do it to the acceptable level required at a club like United, and make the most of his other supposed strengths such as strength, invention, crossing and shooting.

If his season doesn't burst into life before the end of the season, we have an important decision on our hands, whether to put faith in him for next season, or send him out on loan to regain his mojo. Personally, I'd send him out on loan if LVG stays for next season, and give him a shot (in pre season till august) in case we hire a new manager whose system uses him better.

He definitely needs a loan. He looks a million miles away from being able to compete for a place in a top team. With most signings like this you can see the raw potential, but poor decision making is obscuring the talent. With this kid I struggle to see the potential and he doesn't seem to have a great work ethic either, which is damning for a 21 year old who's been given such an opportunity. The strength, crossing and invention you talk about I've yet to see against decent opposition.

Januzaj should be far ahead of him in the pecking order, who himself also needs a loan at a club like Bournemouth.

You only have to go back one game to find him beating his man and putting in a delightful ball to Fellaini on the outside or the game before when he won us a penalty by beating his man on the outside.
That's not what the post I replied to stated. The fact he's predictable is barely up for debate.

That's not what the post I replied to stated. The fact he's predictable is barely up for debate.
It kind of is, the original post being along the lines of 'cut inside and shoot, rinse and repeat'. The fact he's provided two absolute quality chances from beating his man on the outside as opposed to cutting in shows he isn't as predictable as being made out, so yeah very much up for debate.

He definitely needs a loan. He looks a million miles away from being able to compete for a place in a top team. With most signings like this you can see the raw potential, but poor decision making is obscuring the talent. With this kid I struggle to see the potential and he doesn't seem to have a great work ethic either, which is damning for a 21 year old who's been given such an opportunity. The strength, crossing and invention you talk about I've yet to see against decent opposition.

Januzaj should be far ahead of him in the pecking order, who himself also needs a loan at a club like Bournemouth.

Based on what? He was utter crap for Dortmund

Based on what? He was utter crap for Dortmund

Based on the fact that in his career he's actually had a good season in the top flight and been able to show that his talents can make a difference at a club like United. Being in poor form after proving yourself somewhat should put you ahead of someone in equally poor form who's never proven themselves.

if that were true, that would mean both players would have to go on loan... you really think that's a good idea?

Definitely. Neither are near the quality we require yet but we shouldn't completely write them off either because of their age. Both need loans to a lower Premier League club.

He's just been painfully average, if that. I'm not sure I'm seeing this awesome potential others have seen in him, or a reason why he cost us £30 million. Currently he looks no better a signing value for money wise than Bebe. We could have bought Shaqiri for £10 million who looks no worse. I do think we should give him next season before getting rid, but there's no point keeping him any longer if hes still shite and doing what we did with the likes of Anderson.

Nani had no tattoos but he was hated just the same. United fans would rather have a non talented but hardworking drone on the flank than a lazy/inconsistent but talented one.

Yeah right....

Messi also won a couple of things. Depay should keep his mouth shut and play football.

What the actual feck are you on about?

Or are only successful players allowed to have a tattoo?
No, only players who doesn't run a risk of looking like a Mexican cartel thug or a black american gangster rapper (white gangster rapper is fine, obviously).

No, only players who doesn't run a risk of looking like a Mexican cartel thug or a black american gangster rapper (white gangster rapper is fine, obviously).
Ah so he's got the wrong ethnic background go be allowed one then...

H
we should give him a game on the right, just put your head down, beat a man and put a cross in.
He's not a winger, though. He didn't make his name as a guy who crosses for others to score.
He's a wide forward. His best work is the 'forward' type stuff (i.e. shooting, running onto through balls, being dangerous once he's gathered momentum...)

He's a counter-attacking wide forward, not a winger in a possession team.

It kind of is, the original post being along the lines of 'cut inside and shoot, rinse and repeat'. The fact he's provided two absolute quality chances from beating his man on the outside as opposed to cutting in shows he isn't as predictable as being made out, so yeah very much up for debate.
It doesn't though. Because that is about the only moments of him doing it to any effect that anyone could pick out this season. Watch him play and it's obvious. If he played for Liverpool not a Utd fan on this forum would rate him.

Nani had no tattoos but he was hated just the same. United fans would rather have a non talented but hardworking drone on the flank than a lazy/inconsistent but talented one.
Yeah they hated Ronaldo too didn't they. They'd rather have something who can perform. This talent Depay allegedly has is bloody well hidden.

H

He's not a winger, though. He didn't make his name as a guy who crosses for others to score.
He's a wide forward. His best work is the 'forward' type stuff (i.e. shooting, running onto through balls, being dangerous once he's gathered momentum...)

Good post.

It doesn't though. Because that is about the only moments of him doing it to any effect that anyone could pick out this season. Watch him play and it's obvious. If he played for Liverpool not a Utd fan on this forum would rate him.
Really it's not, like against Sunderland and against Brugge, but there's really no point discussing it as you'll try to downplay anything he's done or going to do, just like against Newcastle the only thing you'd mention was a minor error.

And where exactly in the theory of evolution is it allowed to get a tattoo or wear a cap before internet feckwits call you a gangbanger?
I dont know much about tattoo's but I am pretty sure it had little to do with evolution..
Keane pretty much said the same thing but it had less gangbangers in it. It goes something like before you act like you're all that. You have to do all that and win all that.
I totally get what he meant, Memphis has been rubbish all season but he acts like he's King of that clan..

Yeah they hated Ronaldo too didn't they. They'd rather have something who can perform. This talent Depay allegedly has is bloody well hidden.

Ronaldo was always hardworking. Maybe not in the valencia/headless chicken way but he would learn from his mistakes and improve. If he was brought down he would clean the dust and continue. Young players are by nature inconsistent and prone to pass from rough patches. They should be careful not to attract too much attention of the wrong type. That's why saf used to keep a close watch at promising kids (ex giggs, )

H

I know, but it requires less thinking that way and may give him a confidence boost. I genuinely believe it's all in his head.

Ronaldo was always hardworking. Maybe not in the valencia/headless chicken way but he would learn from his mistakes and improve. If he was brought down he would clean the dust and continue. Young players are by nature inconsistent and prone to pass from rough patches. They should be careful not to attract too much attention of the wrong type. That's why saf used to keep a close watch at promising kids (ex giggs, )
Okay so fans don't like players that don't work hard is what you're saying? Is this strange to you?

This thread represents the true nature of Utd fans. I was always brought up thinking we were a special club with special fans but it seems that we are just like all the other moneybag clubs that don't give a flying monkey about young players. There a litter all people in this thread abusing him with names and racist comments how the hell can you justify that even if Memphis has underperformed. I don't understand why people can't just reserved judgment for a couple of years and under a new manager at the very least.

This thread represents the true nature of Utd fans. I was always brought up thinking we were a special club with special fans but it seems that we are just like all the other moneybag clubs that don't give a flying monkey about young players. There a litter all people in this thread abusing him with names and racist comments how the hell can you justify that even if Memphis has underperformed. I don't understand why people can't just reserved judgment for a couple of years and under a new manager at the very least.
No mate, the thread represents the culture we've become accustomed to with regards to players over the years. a number of people don't seem to give players the time to adjust to united / English football etc and I agree with you there

The true nature of a united fan is to love the club and support players who play for it, those who slate a 20 year old who moves to a new league and country and struggles aren't the fans I know as all my mates understand it will take time with elvis

This thread is always upseting, he is discrete, he doesn't talk much, he doesn't act badly on the field but he is still abused by his own fans. He is only 21 years old, he is still developping and he isn't used to possession football or the PL, he is the perfect example of players who need time and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.