Mehdi Benatia | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I've said, if we sign him it's 352 all season long. Don't see how we'll fit that formation now with Di Maria.

As I've said, if we sign him it's 352 all season long. Don't see how we'll fit that formation now with Di Maria.

DDG
WB-CB-CB-CB-WB
Herrera-Pure DM-Di Maria
RVP-Rooney

I'm guessing Mata will be dropped and we'll sign De Jong.

DDG
WB-CB-CB-CB-WB
Herrera-Pure DM-Di Maria
RVP-Rooney

I'd much rather we moved to a 4231/433 and used Mata, he's too good to be dropped. People have forgotten how good he was for us towards the end of last season, it's been only 2 games this season and Rooney has probably been worse than him. I'd be extremely disappoint if we gave up on Mata yet kept Rooney in the team playing week in week out.

352 needs to go.

It should be one of Rooney/RvP who's dropped. People forget how good Mata is. Angel di Maria stretching play will help Mata to no end.

DDG
WB-CB-CB-CB-WB
Herrera-Pure DM-Di Maria
RVP-Rooney

So we need to buy additional 4-5 players to acommodate that formation? Probably a wing back, central defenders and a DM?

I'd rather build it around the players we already have.

So we need to buy additional 4-5 players to acommodate that formation? Probably a wing back, central defenders and a DM?

I'd rather build it around the players we already have.

The ones who play with there feet and not there heads and if anything have had ample time to impress us and generally failed?

I can't see him coming here....I think Bayern are just playing hard ball and will strike a deal with Roma eventually

Do people realise that him coming here will basically mean 352 for the rest of season and still want him?

We have six centre-backs in the first team squad now (including Blackett and Keane) so I really can't see us signing anyone else.

I think a move to a 4-3-3 is imminent so we'll probably loan Keane out somewhere and keep Blackett as cover.

Why would him coming here mean that we're going to play 3-5-2? Is he totally uncapable of playing as one of two CBs...?

Do people realise that him coming here will basically mean 352 for the rest of season and still want him?
I was just going to post this.

People seem to want the 352 to go yet want us to have loads and loads of central defenders. We have enough for a 4 man defense right now even if none are as proven as benatia.

Why would him coming here mean that we're going to play 3-5-2? Is he totally uncapable of playing as one of two CBs...?
We'd have two many centre backs for a 4 man defence I reckon. Unless were going to start playing smalling and jones at right back again.

Why would that mean we'd play a three back? We would have five senior CB's, but three of those are seriously injury prone, and are very inferior to the player in question.

We'd have two many centre backs for a 4 man defence I reckon. Unless were going to start playing smalling and jones at right back again.
Jones, Smalling, Evans and Benatia for CB, Rojo and Shaw for LB. Concidering atleast one of Jones, Smalling and Evans is always injured, I dont think we have too many CBs at all.

Jones, Smalling, Evans and Benatia for CB, Rojo and Shaw for LB. Concidering atleast one of Jones, Smalling and Evans is always injured, I dont think we have too many CBs at all.
After the start Blackett has made for us over the past month, I think we will severely affect his confidence if we send him out on loan or don't play him.

Would rather spend that ~30mln on a quality CM than on Benatia. Also i hope we change to 4231/433 so we don't need more CBs. We can always buy someone like Hummels next summer but a CM is a must right now.

After the start Blackett has made for us over the past month, I think we will severely affect his confidence if we send him out on loan or don't play him.

If he can't hack not getting picked at 20 years old he isn't the sort of player the club needs anyway.

He's looked decent to be fair but is still very raw. Could become a regular but we need more quality right now. If he gets picked on form that's fine, rather than because we haven't got anyone else.

We cant compete with a machine as polished as Bayern. They operate like a proper big club.

If we bid around €40m I see no reason why we cant get him, the question is does LVG think a top rated CB is a priority or is he going to gamble on Rojo/Evans/Jones

Currently everything seems to hint towards a transfer to Bayern München within the next 12-48 hours. According to di Marzio the clubs have reached an agreement about everything but the 5% compensation for all the clubs that contributed to Benatia's football education. Roma wants Bayern to pay that as well and I cannot imagine Bayern will let the transfer fail over an additional €1.5M.

At this point, Benatia is on verge of joining Bayern Munich, the parties are already negotiating the details of the operation. The clubs are discussing who will have to pay the solidarity contribution, the 5 percent of the fee that will go to all Benatia’s previous teams. Benatia is slowly getting closer to moving to Munich. Roma have already identified the replacement: Olympiakos 23-year-old centre-back Kostantinos Manolas. The parties have already reached an agreement. As soon as Benatia will leave, Roma will acquire the Greek defender. The defenders are the protagonists in Roma’s transfer market, while one is set to leave, another one will join.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/roma-and-bayern-munich-make-further-progresses-in-the-negotiation-roma-reach-agreement-for-manolas/
The transfer fee is rumored to be € 29M + 3M in bonuses for a total amount of € 32M, it seems Bayern managed to haggle Roma down quite nicely there.

http://www.asromaradio.it/calciomer...tia-sara-ceduto-per-29-milioni-piu-bonus.html

If Benatia leaves, then it might be more difficult to get Strootman. His valuation will go up since they won't want to lose their two stars.

beIN Sports MENA Journalist in Italy says the deal for Benatia to Bayern seems done for 30m euros. Surprised we werent in for him.

Delighted we are not interested in him. We do not need another CB if we abandon the 3-5-2. Save the money for a decent CM and we are ready.

Delighted we are not interested in him. We do not need another CB if we abandon the 3-5-2. Save the money for a decent CM and we are ready.

If we are really switching to a 2 man central defence than I guess we have enough personnel. However, they are rather injury prone but hey you just need one of Evans, Jones and Smalling fit enough to partner Rojo assuming he plays well. Blackett is also in the wings waiting for his chance as well. Who knows, maybe Rojo might go on to become the commanding mad fecker of a defender we desperately need at the back.

Would rather spend that ~30mln on a quality CM than on Benatia. Also i hope we change to 4231/433 so we don't need more CBs. We can always buy someone like Hummels next summer but a CM is a must right now.

I can understand that, but getting Hummels (whom I would move heaven and earth to get him) is far from being easy even if we wait until next year. The primary concerns I have at the moment about our back 4 are 1) how injury-prone they are, 2) how it is easy for them to leak stupid goals while, worse, there's no one at the back who can grab the bull by the horns like Rio, Vida, Stam, Pallister and Bruce did in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.