2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Bayern must have one hell of CBs lining up, to let go of this guy, at that price, regardless of wage saving
Most Bayern fans (me included) told you guys that he was Bayern‘s best defender last season. Still, he was overpaid for his level of play and so far Upa and Kim have been fantastic under Kompany. As of now it looks as a win/win situation and I am happy for de Ligt. He is very likable.

Been absolute buzzing on this signing since it happened and happy that he has started well, I wanted him when he went Juve -> Bayern. Glad he is here now though, long may this good start continue.

I was told over the summer that he was weak in the air :lol:

Been a revelation on that aspect, he's up there with Maguire as our strongest in the air.

Really taking a liking to him, he's a very confident and assertive defender who always plays on the front foot.

The double deal for him and Maz might come up looking like our biggest steal in years in the near future

Maguire is great at getting his head on the ball but De Ligt has that added athleticism to actually do something with the header once he gets to it. He can make half a chance a proper chance.

Good to have another set piece threat. I think a new manager would likely go old school and get him and Maguire on the pitch attacking set pieces. Until Yoro takes the position long term.

Maguire is great at getting his head on the ball but De Ligt has that added athleticism to actually do something with the header once he gets to it. He can make half a chance a proper chance.

Nothing annoys me more about Maguires time here than the fact that he wins endless attacking headers yet hardly ever gets them on target (and I swear he scored plenty before we bought him)

Dont think he will stay that long if we continue like this. Everybody's sold on the 'project'.

How far will he have to go to live up to it do you feel?
Doubt he'll live up to the 'World class' and 'massive upgrade' claims but personally I'll be happy if he forms a solid injury partnership with Yoro that last us a few years.

Doubt he'll live up to the 'World class' and 'massive upgrade' claims but personally I'll be happy if he forms a solid injury partnership with Yoro that last us a few years.
I think he seems an upgrade currently so heading in the right direction. Our collective CBs this season look stronger than the last and a better age profile.

Nothing annoys me more about Maguires time here than the fact that he wins endless attacking headers yet hardly ever gets them on target (and I swear he scored plenty before we bought him)
Maguire's just not very good at directing the ball. He's the same with defensive headers, where he'll win almost everything in the air that's remotely near him but it feels like it's almost a 50/50 as to whether the ball then goes to a Utd player or an opposition. It's a shame because if he could just direct them properly he'd probably score double figures every year.

He has had a good start - hope he keeps it up as he has raised the level in his department.

Maguire's just not very good at directing the ball. He's the same with defensive headers, where he'll win almost everything in the air that's remotely near him but it feels like it's almost a 50/50 as to whether the ball then goes to a Utd player or an opposition. It's a shame because if he could just direct them properly he'd probably score double figures every year.

He's a classic 50p head.