Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they really think its a 'troll' from Jose...its pretty small time isn't it. He can be a wanker but doesn't come across as that kind of wanker.

Why are people so sure that if it falls through it'll be our fault? We're trying to buy Chelsea's player of the season for the last couple of years at a time when they know they could quite easily kick us while we're down.

Because jokes about the incompetence of Woodward are hilarity defined.

It looks like a typical muppet saga.

1) Initial reports, eyes opening, muppets whispering "what if..."
2) A surge of optimism after a number of positive reports and clues, ie.: the clubs are close to an agreement, they've reached an agreement, it will be completed in 48 hours, Mata hasn't even trained etc.
3) Doubts start to creep in: turns out Mata was present at training, some sources say United are unwilling to pay the money...
4) Deal is off, says the press
5) Deal is off, say the clubs

We're at number 3. I very much expect 4) and 5) to happen as well.

This is a quote from Balague on Sky sports website

"Chelsea are asking for £32million or with Wayne Rooney as part of the deal. Manchester United have said no to the money and no to Rooney - but I am under the impression that a deal will be reached because it benefits everybody.

"Manchester United need quality, Mata needs to get out of the situation he is in, and it would reinforce United for their meetings with (Chelsea's title rivals) Manchester City and Arsenal, which is clever from Jose Mourinho."

Source: http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-united-and-chelsea-over-juan-mata-going-well

Not sure how accurate this is to be honest, im still in a very highly skeptical state purely to preserve my own sanity.

Yeh right, it's Ball bag, ignore it.

2) A surge of optimism after a number of positive reports and clues, ie.: the clubs are close to an agreement, they've reached an agreement, it will be completed in 48 hours, Mata hasn't even trained etc.
3) Doubts start to creep in: turns out Mata was present at training, some sources say United are unwilling to pay the money...

Bit like DEFCON. But in reverse.

This is the exact negative energy which has taken players away from signing for our club.

Ozil is arguably (and only just) the better player. But Mata is well settled and experienced in the league. Also he doesnt have a history of being poor in big games. I'd say that at the same price, Mata offers better value.

However i couldnt give a shit about the price, just get it done!
Personally, having now seen both play in the same league I'd actually take Mata over Ozil. In the summer there'd be no question as I held Ozil is very high regard (though I didn't realise just how poor he is defensively). Now, since his massive dip in form I'd have Mata. He's Chelsea's best player and has been for two years and we could get him for less than Arsenal paid for Ozil? Good value is that. He'd be a huge player for us.

It's like people think we never sign anyone. As a collective we're manic depressive. All these reports of a deal agreed in principle and of talks and someone tweets it might be off and it's "Oh what a world, what a world!"

Just pressed F5 and it was 20 new posts in the last five minutes. Got my hopes up :(

How do you sleep at night.

That last line jojojo. I understand it to say it's a done deal informally. Is that correct?

Yes - informally, unoffically all agreed - according to the "Chelsea sources".

I must admit I wouldn't be surprised by a bit of Chelsea wummery, pushing the price up by few million and then getting a head of steam behind the story with the media and fans. To put extra pressure on United to close the deal at their price.

But obviously that's just paranoia and they'd never mess around like that :wenger:

Personally, having now seen both play in the same league I'd actually take Mata over Ozil. In the summer there'd be no question as I held Ozil is very high regard (though I didn't realise just how poor he is defensively). Now, since his massive dip in form I'd have Mata. He's Chelsea's best player and has been for two years and we could get him for less than Arsenal paid for Ozil? Good value is that. He'd be a huge player for us.
In the summer... Mata had just hit 30 assists and 20 goals in one season...

Why would he not have cause to turn up to training? It was likely his first chance since the news broke yesterday afternoon of a possible agreement in principle, to meet with club management. Nobody has said the deal would go ahead in the next 24 hours so it should't be seen as a negative if he suddenly doesn't miss 3 days of training before the weekend.

It's like people think we never sign anyone. As a collective we're manic depressive. All these reports of a deal agreed in principle and of talks and someone tweets it might be off and it's "Oh what a world, what a world!"
We've been hurt before and now we find it hard to love again.

Mata to sign, reignite our season, and secure cl football in The 94th minute of the final game of the season with goal of the season, which in turn sparks off a frenzied summer transfer window leading to a league and cl double next year. ITS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!

Mata to sign, reignite our season, and secure cl football in The 94th minute of the final game of the season with goal of the season, which in turn sparks off a frenzied summer transfer window leading to a league and cl double next year. ITS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!

More posts like this please!

It appears Mata was at training after all:(

Sky's back tracking was hilarious 'eh, we can confirm that Mata WAS at the training ground, but, eh, whether he trained or not isn't confirmed'... she actually said 'we wouldn't like to mislead anyone' - :lol: perish the thought.

Could have been indoor training. Weights and treadmills and massages and all that horny stuff. I think Chelsea can afford an indoors, can't they?

..... or to secure the title and against City, with the derby having been rescheduled to the end of the season because of the CC. :drool:

6) Every muppet promises never to be sucked into muppetry again.
7) Back to step 1.

Sky's back tracking was hilarious 'eh, we can confirm that Mata WAS at the training ground, but, eh, whether he trained or not isn't confirmed'... she actually said 'we wouldn't like to mislead anyone' - :lol: perish the thought.

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.