Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Mata isn't what we need in the slightest" even though Rooney aside, our front four couldn't create a chance against 2 men let alone 11.

I don't see it happening but my god his record before Jose in this league is remarkable and if he's willing to play with some balls and pull his sleeves up he would be a tremendous acquisition. A new attacking player is as much of a concern as central midfield from where I'm looking in, especially because there are question marks over form, fitness and futures of almost everyone bar Januzaj and Welbeck.

No way was Luiz involved, seeing as they reportedly rejected 40m from Barca for him.
Based on Jose's account, I do think it has some truth in it.
I can't help think there is some truth to it given the fact that they're the two highest profile players most marginalised by him. They seem expendable to him when we all know how much he wanted Rooney.

Mata is a guy we should def go for if Mourinho really doesn't want him anymore.

/muppetmode.on

Then add Draxler next summer into the mix and our attacking midfield would all of a sudden look really good. Draxler - Mata - Januzaj

Just imagine the goals RvP could score with that much creativity and passing skills behind him.

:drool:

/muppetmode.off

I can't help think there is some truth to it given the fact that they're the two highest profile players most marginalised by him. They seem expendable to him when we all know how much he wanted Rooney.
What I am holding on to is the quotes from him. Jose saying "United will definitely sell Rooney abroad", and that "United weren't interested in any type of a deal or swap" does points to the direction, that he did try something in the summer, and was majorly rebuffed.

Mata is a guy we should def go for if Mourinho really doesn't want him anymore.

/muppetmode.on

Then add Draxler next summer into the mix and our attacking midfield would all of a sudden look really good. Draxler - Mata - Januzaj

Just imagine the goals RvP could score with that much creativity and passing skills behind him.

:drool:

/muppetmode.off

I'd be totally for that. I'd love a bit of Draxler <3

What I am holding on to is the quotes from him. Jose saying "United will definitely sell Rooney abroad", and that "United weren't interested in any type of a deal or swap" does points to the direction, that he did try something in the summer, and was majorly rebuffed.
I didn't know he said the deal or swap bit. That pretty much confirms they at least explored that avenue then!

Does anyone thinkthat if we offered 37m jose/roman would rejectit? Jose wants to sell, we are not their rivals for the title and they won't get a better offerfor a player that wants out.

#1: We aren't their rivals this season, next season of course we will.
#2: PSG have yet to show their hand.
#3: Jose does want to sell, but I doubt he'd want to sell to a rival.

I still think he'll be off to PSG or Atletico in the Summer when one of Costa/Koke is sold.

This is all building up to being just another disappointment. Hope I'm wrong though, I'd love to see him at United.

If it doesn't end up happening, I wouldn't be too bothered, because I am clever. It will be a case of mind over Mata.

The only way I see any interest from our side, is if a deal has already been agreed for Rooney to move in the summer.

Welbeck
Januzaj-Mata-Nani

That could be an incredible attack a couple of years down the line.

We won't ever buy this fella, we are too busy in chasing a commercial deal for Sky sports to be displayed on our really big advertisement boarders we just got installed at Old Trafford. What a juicy fecking deal that will be :drool:

What are people talking about? Mata most definitely is one of the things we need. A good left-footed winger.

It will be quit funny if we end up with Mata and Rooney at Utd after all the drama in the summer.

----------RVP---------
Mata---Rooney---Januzaj

Would be nice.

What are people talking about? Mata most definitely is one of the things we need. A good left-footed winger.

Basing it on his preferred position being 10 and the biggest hole in the squad being a partner for Carrick.

I'd have him in a heartbeat, ship Kagawa back Dortmund if necessary.

Maybe as part of a deal for Gundegeon.

Ah here, I'm off to get my wanking mitts.

It will be quit funny if we end up with Mata and Rooney at Utd after all the drama in the summer.

----------RVP---------
Mata---Rooney---Januzaj

Would be nice.

The position interchanges and fluidity it will bring! :drool:
Replace RvP with a Welbeck who can finish and then the forward line will be nighmare to man-mark.

If we are allowed to dream further, Koke and Gundogan in CM please. ta. :devil:

Basing it on his preferred position being 10 and the biggest hole in the squad being a partner for Carrick.

I'd have him in a heartbeat, ship Kagawa back Dortmund if necessary.

Maybe as part of a deal for Gundegeon.

Ah here, I'm off to get my wanking mitts.

Definitely ship Kagawa back off to Dortumund even if it means we can only get Mata in. I like Kagawa and want him to do well but he has been largely underwhelming and doesn't seem to have a huge amount of tenacity. I'm not saying he's lazy but to me he just doesn't seem to have much fight.

I actually dont think itll happen but it is nice to have something positive to think about so I am allowing myself to fantasise about it.

This.

And if the spurt of excitement the thought of signing Mata has sent through this place isn't evidence of the morale boost we could get from bagging him nothing is.

This.

And if the spurt of excitement the thought of signing Mata has sent through this place isn't evidence of the morale boost we could get from bagging him nothing is.

Definitely. I think a boost like Mata is more important this stage than an actually midfielder.

The formation doesnt determine width. the players roles do. You can have plenty of width with 433, just depends how you want the players to move. Honestly so many on here lack any creativity when thinking about tactics. Stuck in the rigid thinking that this formation or that means the style of play works a particular way. For example you can play counter attacking football with any formation. Get your blinkers off.
We have always used width, wide players dont have to be only wingers.

..well the argument here is whether we can forgo our wide players qua traditional wingers for more modern narrow creative hubs, hence the Neville reference. In that episode of MNF, he implicitly said that United's ethos is to play with two traditional wingers. Obviously, fullbacks can provide width (the lions share of it in 07-08, mind), but that's beyond the scope of what I was trying to rebut and is actually congruous with what I'm trying to say. As long as we reinvest in a quality left back like Shaw and teach Rafael to consistently cross a ball, we should not be losing out on too much.

All just seems media talk at the moment?

United need creative player/unhappy creative player not wanted by club = rumour

Yeah I think you're probably right. £20m yesterday £40m today.

Great to see everyone get so excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.