Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardly surprising when we value him at 35mil. Our bids really blew my mind, its almost as if we want to live in a cave and totally ignore how the market is.

Exactly! What do you think Fabregas said? Yeh, I'll come to United, I'm sure they'll accept the contents of your change jar & a free stadium tour for me, go ahead.

Exactly! What do you think Fabregas said? Yeh, I'll come to United, I'm sure they'll accept the contents of your change jar & a free stadium tour for me, go ahead.

He would have indicated he'd be willing to move. But ofcourse, the "I was never contemplating a move, Barca is my home blah blah" nonsense was to be expected once we couldnt convince Barca. After how we left Herrera in a lurch, I dont even blame him. We never tested Barca with our stupid bids.

Any reason why this thread has been bumped in the past 24hrs?

He would be an amazing signing. If Rooney is unhappy and not willing to sign, I don't think it would be the worst idea to do some sort of swap/swap-cash deal for him. Rooney is getting on a bit and Mata has a few years on him. That is if Rooney is unhappy.

Mourinho definitely hinted that he was open to the idea of a swap deal for Rooney. Worth bearing in mind that he was in charge of Inter when they made the Ibrahimovic-Eto'o swap.

Can someone just post the bloody article instead of talking about Fabregas.

Hopefully since we aren't title rivals, they won't mind selling to a mid-table club.

Chelsea played us home and away.

So they might consider looking at where we are on the log.

Its not just about this season though is it? Mata has the potential to be a world class player at a club that plays him consistently and that suits him.

Its not that Jose does not think he has the ability, but Jose has a way of doing things, if it does fit in, it is left out regardless of its top class or not.

We have ostracized Mata quite a lot, but are playing consistently and with strength, so the argument can definitely be made that it is the right decision. Thats not to say Mata wont be moulded into a Jose player and become a key part either in the latter stages , or next season.

He could be the signing we need in january not only to bring some quality back into the team but also to give everyone a lift. I just cant think of anyone else of that stature who could do that for us in january. Just give chelsea whatever they want for him, except rooney of course.

Mourinho said that he doesn't think we can win the title. Can see him selling Mata to us now if he was willing to sell him to us in the summer as we won't play them domestically again this season and Mata is cup-tied for Europe.

Mourinho said that he doesn't think we can win the title. Can see him selling Mata to us now if he was willing to sell him to us in the summer as we won't play them domestically again this season and Mata is cup-tied for Europe.
I was thinking this.
Him selling us Mata could help him win the league.

It's an interesting move for Chelsea. A player they're clearly not interested in now, would bring in good money, strengthens United for matches against other title contenders and and is cup tied, so gives United no boost in Europe.

Even without Rooney, fair enough benefit for them. This is of course assuming they're not worried about how much he'd help us next season, but wed surely be strengthening then anyway.

Where would Mata play when Rooney, RVP are fit?

RvP​
Mata Rooney Januzaj​
Something like that I suppose. But I doubt Rooney will be here for much longer anyway.

Realistically what do we reckon he would cost?

I don't have a scooby do. There's so many factors that could move the fee up and down.

+ Rival Club
- No threat this season
+ We're desperate for a player of his quality
- He's desperate to leave and he some playing time
+ We played hard ball over Rooney, they could use the same principles
- If we're going to be losing Rooney anyway, we could include a first option

I don't have a scooby do. There's so many factors that could move the fee up and down.

+ Rival Club
- No threat this season

£30m should do it and a first option on Rooney. Let's be honest his playing like a man that had been told give us one more season anyway. If we can get a Cavarni in the summer its good business.

We still have the rest of the big guns to play. Now would be the right time for them to sell us Mata.

+ Rival Club
- No threat this season
He must be desparate to play with the WC this summer, that said would he have made the cut anyway?? He needs a new club and I am sure if we bid enough he'd be allowed to join us without Rooney being part of any deal.Would Chelsea turn down £30 million?

I think he is valued around £30m...if we do get him then i can see Nani being sold and Zaha being sent out on loan.

Rooney is probably going to want to leave again this summer and im not convinced we will be able to hold on to him.
Its possible that RVP may also want out.

If this is the case
a) We need to keep hold of Kagawa
b) It would be worth swapping Rooney for Mata.

Januzaj, Kagawa and Mata as a 3 behind a striker is as good as any other set of AMs in my book, or not far off. We would need to land a top quality striker if both Rooney and RVP left though, which will in turn possibly frustrate Hernandez and cause him to want out as well, but I dont think Hernandez is the right style of striker to play in that system. Welbeck may be, but he is not ready to be first choice.

If we are to rebuild the team, which we will need to do sooner or later, it may be time to start planning for life after Wayne Rooney. Thus, we are already in need of a clearout, lets just get it done, get some new players who can all be suited to the same style of play, and move on.

---------------CF
-----Mata - Kagawa - Januzaj
--------Carrick --- Fellaini
Coentrao - Evans - Jones - Rafael
--------------De Gea

To me that looks a good side, subject to getting a decent striker in. Squad depth with Nani, Cleverley, Smalling, Welbeck, Hernandez, Vidic (this is on the assumption that Evra, Rio, Fabio and Giggs may all also been on the way out), and more importantly it looks like a team that can actually play good football (plus Fellaini as the destroyer).

In light that Moyes probably has his CM targets in mind and probably wants to hold out until the summer to get them, Mata would help us a lot in terms of building in other areas. We desperately need to stop relying on our wingers to put balls in the box and a player like Mata could do that.

I think we could have easily nicked one or two more goals with someone like him on the pitch over Valencia or Young.

Saying that, we won't get him either way.

They'd sell us Mata, I reckon, but only if we sold them Rooney, so that's going to be a no go.

Status
Not open for further replies.