Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if I'm late to the party, but Rooney is also following Juan. Think its safe to say Juan and Rooney will live happily ever after.

There's Juan Mata that needs addressing first. Why no Ozil in summer for £41 million, but now we pick up Mata for £40 million? Seems a bit panickish, no?

You've got a point, Ozil was offered to us in the summer but we decided we didn't need a player for that position and yet now we want Mata. Unless Rooney is set to leave.

I don't think this is done yet by any stretch of the imagination, if I'm being honest.

I just feel like there's a twist coming.

panic.gif

Nope. I think Mata will be the better fit.

How so?

The pros and cons of signing both are pretty much the same. They bring similar quality and qualities, they both play their best football in Rooney and Kagawa's position.

How so?

The pros and cons of signing both are pretty much the same. They bring similar quality and qualities, they both play their best football in Rooney and Kagawa's position.

Well Mata is more suited/used to playing from a wider position for one.

Rooney, Phil and Neville and most importantly Marouane Fellaini now following him on twitter? It will be the apocalypse if this doesn't happen now.

Juan man, Juan goal,
Juan mission.
Juan heart, Juan soul,
Just Juan solution.
Juan flash of light, yeah,
Juan god, Juan vision.

Juan flesh, Juan bone,
Juan true religion.
Juan voice, Juan hope,
Juan real decision.
Wowowowo, gimme Juan vision, yeah.

How so?

Yes but Mata will be much more effective as a wide playmaker and that's where I expected either of them to play.

At Chelsea :(

Damn you man!! I'm having images flash through my head involving Mourinho, Mata and Rooney with Mourinho wagging his finger at the camera whispering "No Juan will sign for you Moyesy baby" and Rooney and Mata laughing like evil witches in the back. *Shudders*

Juan man, Juan goal,
Juan mission.
Juan heart, Juan soul,
Just Juan solution.
Juan flash of light, yeah,
Juan god, Juan vision.

Juan flesh, Juan bJuan,
Juan true religion.
Juan voice, Juan hope,
Juan real decision.
Wowowowo, gimme Juan vision, yeah.
:lol:

You've got a point, Ozil was offered to us in the summer but we decided we didn't need a player for that position and yet now we want Mata. Unless Rooney is set to leave.

Maybe I'm being a bit naive here but perhaps Moyes decided he needed more creativity further up the pitch which is hard to argue with and he knew Mata was available from the Summer. Rooney hasn't been available for a number of weeks and is prone to picking up annoying, niggling injuries like he has now so as to unburden Rooney and Januzaj who is having to carry our attacking threat by himself at the moment, Moyes decided to buy Mata who is no mug.

As I said before, the goal threat that Mata possesses probably tilted it. If Rooney is going, we'll definitely need another player with an eye for goal. Ozil has never been one to score the goals Mata was banging in for Chelsea last season.

I honestly thought that Kagawa would be that player when we signed him, but his nose for goal has deserted him for whatever reason.

I don't think this is done yet by any stretch of the imagination, if I'm being honest.

I just feel like there's a twist coming.

You really shouldn't have admitted that you were out to cause panic in this thread, earlier today.

JUAN! HUH! What is he good for?
Acurate Passing, movement, creativty, bring others into play, actually creating chances for others, taking set-pieces, generally being an excellent footballer
JUAN! HUH! What is he good for?
Making our team 97.7% more attractive

Status
Not open for further replies.