Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be delighted when this goes through.

On a side note chelsea are so ruthless when it comes to transfers, whereas we seem to require months of speculation and hysteria over a possible transfer, they seem to be able to swoop in, and within a matter of hours have their man.

So, is it true that he's a United fan? If it is, I'll probably have an few extra wanks when he signs.

Will be delighted when this goes through.

On a side note chelsea are so ruthless when it comes to transfers, whereas we seem to require months of speculation and hysteria over a possible transfer, they seem to be able to swoop in, and within a matter of hours have their man.
Funny you said that on a day when we're on a verge of signing a player who, 48 hours ago, still looked like the longest shot ever. If we pull this off then definitely kudos to whoever in charge.

Funny you said that on a day when we're on a verge of signing a player who, 48 hours ago, still looked like the longest shot ever. If we pull this off then definitely kudos to whoever in charge.

I have a couple of posters' posts, who know it all and said this is never happening. Waiting until this is official to name and shame.

I have a couple of posters' posts, who know it all and said this is never happening. Waiting until this is official to name and shame.

I'm not one of them, but naming and shaming is a bit cnutish. Especially if it's over a slightly ridiculous transfer like this.

I'm not one of them, but naming and shaming is a bit cnutish. Especially if it's over a slightly ridiculous transfer like this.

It isn't cnutish. There's a huge difference between "unlikely" and "will not happen". One's a fair assessment, particularly of this deal, and the other is just "I know best and probably have a bigger cock than you". Deserves to be shown up. We all go after these ITK twitter accounts who state made up bullshit as fact why not people who sit in their pants and decide they know the outcome of every transfer story within a second of hearing it?

It isn't cnutish. There's a huge difference between "unlikely" and "will not happen". One's a fair assessment, particularly of this deal, and the other is just "I know best and probably have a bigger cock than you". Deserves to be shown up. We all go after these ITK twitter accounts who state made up bullshit as fact why not people who sit in their pants and decide they know the outcome of every transfer story within a second of hearing it?

Thank you. All of these people who think they are the dog's bollocks and know everything there is to know about our transfer activity, but yet we are about to pull off one of the biggest January purchases in Premier league history? Should teach them a lesson not to be so doubtful.

Thank you. All of these people who think they are the dog's bollocks and know everything there is to know about our transfer activity, but yet we are about to pull off one of the biggest January purchases in Premier league history? Should teach them a lesson not to be so doubtful.

Not withstanding the fact this thread would be full of "lol, fecking muppet" comments had he not come.

The Mata is that there is no Mata. Not yet anyway.

In fairness i don't think anyone thought this was going to happen.

Pretty much. I heard the rumour, I thought it was the usual garbage. Then it appeared on the BBC website. Even then, I thought Chelsea would reject the bid, or we'd dither over a few million, or someone would sabotage the bid and swipe him before us.

Either way, I thought this was impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.