Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main downside of signing Mata is that it will be easier to get us to believe any rumors now.. And the media knows it.. And they will exploit it. :(

Good signing nevertheless.

We've hoodwinked Mata and Januzaj into signing on with us. Rooney has the right idea, this football club is going nowhere but down with Moyes in charge. Very frightening times.

Even if we sign Mata, Vidal, Messi, and Ronaldo, Moyes will still get it wrong.

Mata is an extraordinary player, but it counts for nothing when a manager of extraordinary ineptitude is in charge.

Ah go away outta that. feckin hell, there's pessimism in every thread on here. Let us be optimistic in here.

I still can't quite believe this is happening. After so many false dawns I'm still expecting this to go tits up, somehow.

I mean, it's Juan Mata ffs! He's an amazing player, highly technical, creative, Spanish, and plays for one of our rivals. How the feck have we managed to pull this off?

Haha. I understand your frustration. I'd be livid if we were on the verge of selling a top quality player to a domestic rival too. I'm still waiting for Jose to come out tomorrow and say there is no truth in it.

This is weird. The best muppet thread ever, and yet it goes against the key things featured in all muppet threads to date. This went succesfully, and was concluded in under a week. *Touches fecking great big wooden wardrobe.
To be fair, touching wood seems to be successful, as most everyone in the thread is at it all day.

We've hoodwinked Mata and Januzaj into signing on with us. Rooney has the right idea, this football club is going nowhere but down with Moyes in charge. Very frightening times.

Mata is an extraordinary player, but it counts for nothing when a manager of extraordinary ineptitude is in charge.
tumblr_mix14w2IqX1r0k2r8o1_250.gif

I hope he likes crossing.

We've only completed 6 crosses all season and one of those is generous considering it was a Vidic pass clearance kick from the right back position.

:rolleyes: :wenger:

The optimism! :lol:

Does your symbiotic relationship to Carrick extend to feeling his pain?

Chin up pal, we can't win every year.

Someone should get johnmufc, Scholesy, Kevin, and KingMinger in a room together. It would be the most miserable, delusional place in the world.

Someone should get johnmufc, Scholesy, Kevin, and KingMinger in a room together. It would be the most miserable, delusional place in the world.

Can we drop devilish in there too?

Preferably from about 30,000 feet.

I can't imagine how much worse I'd be feeling like right now if nothing was happening with us in the transfer window. The nightmare result has somewhat been eased by the fact that we're signing a world class player here. Hopefully a few more to come either this window or the summer.

Post of the decade here. I like the passion, honestly!

We've only completed 6 crosses all season and one of those is generous considering it was a Vidic pass clearance kick from the right back position.

That can't be true, surely? I mean, no, I just don't believe that.

Januzaj Mata Kagawa

Van Persie

Most technical front 4 United have had in recent years , but it needs a worlds-class central midfield base to make it work.​

I would love it if we just played those four; even with Carrick and Fletcher behind them they will make stuff happen for us. But I don't expect Moyes to set us up with that little pace and strength up front, he seems to value those attributes.

Good luck using our Mata chant. There's no way you can fit Man United into 'Chelsea Chelsea'

Mourinho better know what he's doing here. I expect someone to be recalled from loan.

Good luck using our Mata chant. There's no way you can fit Man United into 'Chelsea Chelsea'

Mourinho better know what he's doing here. I expect someone to be recalled from loan.
Telegraph saying you're targeting Barkley to replace him. Would be a good signing and as good a replacement as you can hope for long term IMO. Wouldn't be too disappointed just being a squad player but would also be capable of playing further back.

Telegraph saying you're targeting Barkley to replace him. Would be a good signing and as good a replacement as you can hope for long term IMO. Wouldn't be too disappointed just being a squad player but would also be capable of playing further back.

If that does happen then I imagine Oscar could be moving further back possibly rather than Barkley.

I'm not even angry about Mata going to United in all honesty, I think my interest in football could be waning.

See the club trying to wrap this up as quickly as possible tomorrow to help brush more negativity under the mat.

He will be a big boost for us to help us get into the top four. 6 point difference with 16 games to go. Hopefully we can get that last Champions League spot.

Its an incredible signing when you really think about it. I'm still unsure how he's been brushed aside by Mourinho regardless of this so called philosophy.

Surely there had to be a way to get the club's most productive talent over the last two years into the set up mourinho wants?

Oscar is an incredible talent but his numbers just don't compare.

Januzaj Mata Kagawa

Van Persie

Most technical front 4 United have had in recent years , but it needs a worlds-class central midfield base to make it work.​
I always like it when left footers can cut in aka Robben and Di Maria and Mata has a wicked left foot too. The curl he puts on his shots is just pure sex. I do understand that Mata is not a classic winger but I think our wide wingers arent exactly lighting up the world.

RVP

Kagawa-----Rooney-----Mata​

I like this one better. I always like it when left footers can cut in aka Robben and Di Maria and Mata has a wicked left foot too. The curl he puts on his shots is just pure sex.

RVP

Kagawa-----Rooney-----Mata​
RVP
Mata -- Rooney -- Januzaj​

Given his stop-start season at Chelsea so far, and our own current predicament, how long do we expect it to take for him to find his form?

In an ideal world he'll make an instant impact but with my cautious hat on it might take weeks/months before we see him play at the kind of level he displayed in previous seasons.

One great advantage of Mata, if we do get him, is that he can give Januzaj some much needed rest. He's playing far too much for an 18 year old. He can play many/most of our games, but not all (i.e. Evra-like).

Status
Not open for further replies.