Mason Mount's Many Misfortunes

Buy a player in the last year of his contract for £55m, only for said player to play a handful of matches all season. It's such a United thing to happen

I suspect something more serious (non-injury) has happened but the club is unable for legal reasons to comment. Same for Malacia.
Like what exactly? The real reason they're out is because Ten Hag doesn't want them to relapse by rushing them back. They're both back in training but not fit yet.

I know there's a lot of competition but this has to be the worst signing we've ever made.

In terms of what the fee has got us, We must be at around £10m per start at present...and its not like he's done anything useful in any of those games to make you think he'd be starting more if he was fit now.

Basically we've paid £50m for a nice backheel against Luton.

I'm just convinced that the number 7 shirt is utterly cursed and we should retire it

Any reason for the secrecy? No idea what is wrong with Mount and Malacia...
Martial has disappeared too.. and where is Martinez?

Martinez at least popped out of the crypt for a few games before disappearing again

With Malacia and Mount, I don't understand why their situations feel so shrouded in secrecy. Not saying there's something else going on, but why does it feel like they've just utterly vanished. If doesn't usually feel like that with long term injuries

Mount was next to Højlund for the Fulham game so we know he's alive.

Has Malacia been seen since last season?

Does anyone know what actually happened him?
He had surgery at the end of last season, didn't he? Most likely a setback / recurrence of the underlying injury, I would imagine.

Serious clubs avoid players with multiple injury history but here be pay 60 odd millions for them.

Serious clubs avoid players with multiple injury history but here be pay 60 odd millions for them.
With only a year left on the contract too and we gave him the number 7 for some dumb ass reason and are probably paying him obscene wages.

Not just injuries, but we have a weird tendency of buying players right after they have surgery, which strikes me as unnecessarily risky.

Not just injuries, but we have a weird tendency of buying players right after they have surgery, which strikes me as unnecessarily risky.
Even more risky when we could've just waited a year and got him for a transfer fee of £0.

Even more risky when we could've just waited a year and got him for a transfer fee of £0.
Bosman transfers usually come with a hefty signing bonus and higher wages, so not quite £0, but yes it would've been significantly cheaper and of course none of that money would've gone to Chelsea to help them with FFP/PSR.

Bosman transfers usually come with a hefty signing bonus and higher wages, so not quite £0, but yes it would've been significantly cheaper and of course none of that money would've gone to Chelsea to help them with FFP/PSR.
But no guarantee we'd have got him.