Mason Mount's Many Misfortunes

C'mon guys sometimes we need to remember football players are human beings too. The last few pages of discussion have reduced him to a commodity. The guys been injured for AGES, how do you think he feels? it's not his fault.

Tumbleweed in terms of news so I guess the title change is the only fun to be had in this thread.

C'mon guys sometimes we need to remember football players are human beings too. The last few pages of discussion have reduced him to a commodity. The guys been injured for AGES, how do you think he feels? it's not his fault.

Whilst I agree, I can't say I really give too much of a shit about Mount. He's a Chelsea youth team player who we massively overpaid for for some reason and is now injured. He may go on to be a hit for us as he's still young but right now he's a nonentity getting paid handsomely for doing not a lot.

Giggs had massive issues with his hamstrings, and essentially changed his game to accommodate that, arguably never being the same player he was again. By his own account, he never fully turned on the afterburners again, accepting his body simply couldn’t handle it; he played within himself to get by, but because his top level was so high, dropping down a notch or two wasn’t the end of the world, plus he had the ability to hone other skills and modify his game. I think we all agree Rooney was never the same player again after that metatarsal disaster.

I think they had so much more ability than a Mount, that the workaround was doable as they were still superior to most on a football pitch. My concern for Mount is he needs every sinew of the attributes he is touted for and can’t afford a drop off because, with due respect, he doesn’t have world class ability or attributes to pick and choose from - Mount without his engine and mobility would be severely compromised.

I’m in the camp that thinks he was a very meh signing to begin with - and that’s the full fitness version of him - so I do sincerely hope that the injurie don’t rob him of the chance to prove himself at his best. That would be a real shame.

I agree with most of it but about his engine: Fitness levels is just about avoiding injury and have a plan to get there imo. It’s not about speed as with Giggs.

I’d be more worried whether he has the mentality to come back, focus on stuff like Giggs to avoid yoga. Man Utd is a vacation for too many players and if you’re out for too long, you might wonder what you can get away with.

Really hope he gets back to his best though. Ideally he (25 years) could replace Bruno (29 years) so it’s not like we don’t have room for Mount in the future imo.

I love that this thread title gets progressively more insane every time I visit the caf. :lol:

Almost makes the £60m worth it.

money-crying.gif

Just add "many men...many many many many men" to the title and make it complete.

£55 was a great deal for a young, English player with international experience, who can play all across the front line and was Chelsea’s POTY.

He’s a lad who actively chose to leave Chelsea as he wanted to play for Manchester United, and he hasn’t had a proper chance to show us what he’s got yet. I think it’s poor form as a supporter to write him off as a bad signing so early. Maybe if we get behind him as a fanbase it will help him find his best form when he returns?

He's 25, not exactly young in footballing terms, I'm not sure why his Nationality or international experience is relevant either?

He's a lad who actively chose to leave Chelsea as they wouldn't pay him anywhere near the wages that Manchester United would!
John Terry spoke about this recently and said that Mount is Chelsea through and through.

He's basically a write off at this point.
He'll be on loan to West Ham or Palace before you know it!

He's 25, not exactly young in footballing terms, I'm not sure why his Nationality or international experience is relevant either?

He's a lad who actively chose to leave Chelsea as they wouldn't pay him anywhere near the wages that Manchester United would!
John Terry spoke about this recently and said that Mount is Chelsea through and through.

He's basically a write off at this point.
He'll be on loan to West Ham or Palace before you know it!

Yeah it's hard not to have doubts about him ever settling here when has been plagued by injury

Why is it that even a former ex Chelsea player like Havertz is playing and scoring goals but Mount is not given more chance to play?

Mason Mount's misfortune means, miraculously, momentously, mastery manifest, Mount's mesmerizing maneuvers must materialize, making matches memorable.

It sounds more and more like "top men..." at the end of RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK now...
Weirdly we also put our injured players into wooden crates and store them in Area 51 until such time as they are healed.

Some say Phil Jones actually only stubbed his toe aged 19 but due to incorrect storage process his container was never found.

Weirdly we also put our injured players into wooden crates and store them in Area 51 until such time as they are healed.

Some say Phil Jones actually only stubbed his toe aged 19 but due to incorrect storage process his container was never found.

:lol:

One of the great cover ups. There will be a Netflix documentary in 3 years time about this

£55 was a great deal for a young, English player with international experience, who can play all across the front line and was Chelsea’s POTY.

He’s a lad who actively chose to leave Chelsea as he wanted to play for Manchester United, and he hasn’t had a proper chance to show us what he’s got yet. I think it’s poor form as a supporter to write him off as a bad signing so early. Maybe if we get behind him as a fanbase it will help him find his best form when he returns?

I am fully behind Mason Mount when he returns from injury but £55m for a back up squad player with one year left on their contract, plus £250k+ a week, is clearly not a good deal.

One of the great cover ups. There will be a Netflix documentary in 3 years time about this
Thread needs a title change.

Manchester Met Mandate Mount and Malacia Murder Muckrake, Manager Manacled for Misdemeanour

Like what? If he was in legal trouble it would be all over the papers
Not necessarily, there are rules around what the UK press can report, I’m not suggesting that Mount is one of the concerned players but there’s been reports of players being under investigation for sexual crimes and failed drugs tests but the names are not allowed to be disclosed.