Mason Mount's Many Misfortunes

Mount out for the next 2 games? You always get all the luck :p

Ffs.

We have a promising midfielder in preseason who looks like he can get serious minutes. Mainoo injured.

We have a right sided player who can challenge and even usurp Antony this season. Amad injured.

We have an actual proper centre forward for once. Just what we need to start the season. HojLUND. kept out the team because of a potential injury.

We have a new midfielder who can help us carry the ball and press high up. Mount injured.

Of course those guys are injured. It's never the scrubs like McTominay or Co who are the ones picking up knocks.

Last edited:
He’ll end up playing wide right after Antony continues to disappoint, and do a fabulous job there.

Absolutely mental that EtH thinks the team is ready to have Bruno and Mount play that high from Game Week 1. Could only see it working if we had a right back he wanted, and a right winger that worked as needed.

Good news. Now we can start Eriksen. Ease Mount in/ make Mount earn his spot in the starting lineup. His first 2 performances were shockers.

Last edited:
Ffs.

We have a promising midfielder in preseason who looks like he can get serious minutes. Mainoo injured.

We have a right sided player who can challenge and even usurp Antony this season. Amad injured.

We have an actual proper centre forward for once. Just what we need to start the season. Hojberg kept out the team because of a potential injury.

We have a new midfielder who can help us carry the ball and press high up. Mount injured.

Of course those guys are injured. It's never the scrubs like McTominay or Co who are the ones picking up knocks.
We aren't scoring any goals with Højberg up top.

Could be a blessing for everyone’s sake, or it could make Mounts integration into the team take longer. Either way, based on current form, I don’t think we’ll miss him for the next two games, and maybe this forces someone’s hand in the market?

Timing is incredibly suspect. Wouldn't surprise me if this was ETH master plan to drop him and save face for everyone.

Eriksen looks like he should have retired 5 years ago. I don’t think he has the legs to play at this level anymore.

Forrest is the perfekt game for Eriksen to be fair. His passing will help us unlock them.
I am more worried about the Arsenal game.

It’s not good despite his first two games, now he is further behind the rest trying to work his way back in whilst we have to play Eriksen who has lost his legs or McTominay who legs are there but rather crap.

Our midfield must be the envy of all the top teams in Europe. Only plus side is maybe he demands a midfielder signed due to severe lack of options. I doubt the owners give two fecks though.

Ffs.

We have an actual proper centre forward for once. Just what we need to start the season. Hojberg kept out the team because of a potential injury.

Someone should tell Spurs.

Was our best player last season until Carroll took him out.

Yeah and has looked absolutely awful since. He shouldn't starting games for us anymore, it's a worry if he's now going to be called upon. If people thought we were easy to play through before, it's not about to get better if he's in there.

Yeah and has looked absolutely awful since. He shouldn't starting games for us anymore, it's a worry if he's now going to be called upon. If people thought we were easy to play through before, it's not about to get better if he's in there.
Of course it is. Mount was playing so high up it isolates Casemiro. Eriksen plays deeper. It’s shocking we replaced Eriksen with Mount who isn’t a 6.

He’ll end up playing wide right after Antony continues to disappoint, and do a fabulous job there.

Absolutely mental that EtH thinks the team is ready to have Bruno and Mount play that high from Game Week 1. Could only see it working if we had a right back he wanted, and a right winger that worked as needed.

Totally agree. Mount is catching all the flack, but the system from Ten Hag is not working.

I get the idea. He wants us to do what City do and have a full back push into midfield next to Casimiro, but they don't know how to do it. Plus, do to this, you have to be a possession based team and we cant string more than three passes together.

Got to think Eriksen comes back in, we steady the ship and then Mount can be integrated a bit more sensibly.

Either that or the flying Scotsman finally gets unleashed as an 8, lord have mercy on Forest.

Must admit that this is quite annoying. It's not like we're blessed with quality in that area either.

Play 2 games, out for the next 2. Hmm.

Would love Hannibal to get some game time in his role, think he’s perfect for it.. proper all action midfielder.

Of course it is. Mount was playing so high up it isolates Casemiro. Eriksen plays deeper. It’s shocking we replaced Eriksen with Mount who isn’t a 6.

Eriksen has looked like a ghost since his return, so we shall see. In theory, he should make things better, but he's looked way off it.

Would love Hannibal to get some game time in his role, think he’s perfect for it.. proper all action midfielder.
Seconded - he'll probably dribble the whole pitch, lay 3 assists and concede a pen.
More seriously though, we know EtH is managing McTom out, Eriksen has no legs, and we have a top young prospect in Hannibal. No time like playing Forest at home to try out an inexperienced, young, high energy midfielder with bags of technique.

I suspect Eriksen will come in though

Got to think Eriksen comes back in, we steady the ship and then Mount can be integrated a bit more sensibly.

Either that or the flying Scotsman finally gets unleashed as an 8, lord have mercy on Forest.
Mount is injured anyways

feck this season. Nothing is going our way. Both Mainoo and Mount out. Hojlund out. Martial man of glass. We get to feast our eyes on lord McTominay’s attempts to control a football.

Surely he will end up playing wide right going forward. He’s a final 3rd player and we need someone doing something there

Should never have bought him in the first place.

Absolutely not what we needed, and absolutely not good enough even if it was.

A nothing player for Chelsea and the national team. This shite we are seeing is somewhat his standard. Absolutely dire footballer, who I still don’t even know what he brings to a team.

Ten Hag won't have the balls to drop his "big" signing, (See Antony), so - as awful as this seems - I'm glad his hand has been forced due to injury.

Our marquee signing and illustrious #7 will not be missed. At all.

Last edited:
So we basically head into the Forest game now with the same team as last season, albeit with a keeper upgrade.

I get that the injuries are bad luck but surely a sign that we haven’t upgraded enough.