Mason Mount's Many Misfortunes

You called me a ‘naive kid’.

Which as a miserable depressive well into my 40s, I’ll choose to take as a compliment :)
If you think that and that you're a naive kid isnt exactly a personal insult but I apologize if it offended you.

No need to apologise. As I just explained, I chose to take it as a compliment.

I’m more offended by the absolute nonsense you’ve posted.
You know what, I was thinking about offering a truce. Even apologized.

But seems you want to go on for some reason.

Shame.

I wonder If he can: Win the ball by pressing? Resist pressure and be assured when recycling the ball in a non defensive manner. Contribute with accurate crosses. Switch play with long balls.

If he can do this in addition to his work rate, stamina and consistency attributes, then we'll have done well on this transfer.

Interesting video, question marks remain over whether he can play as a deep lying playmaker when situation calls for it.

Last edited:
I was wrong with my post in his other closed thread. Thought that he'd be strictly a no. 10 replacing Bruno, with Bruno is taking Eriksen's. Well, even Sir Alex could sometimes wrong.
Welcome to the club. More people will come up and admit they were wrong after seeing this guy play.

No need to apologise. As I just explained, I chose to take it as a compliment.

I’m more offended by the absolute nonsense you’ve posted.
It's an opinion that you don't agree with, not sure why you feel offended, particularly when it wasn't an assertion, but @Real Name offering what he thinks. I personally didn't feel it warranted the aggressive wording of the response. Had me wondering if you folks have a history of some sort.

For what it's worth, I think players probably prefer to go to clubs where there are settled owners with a track record of success, however, while I think it's a reasonable expectation, I can't say for sure that a sizeable number of them aren't more invested in the numbers on their contract as I don't have direct experience in signing players.

I know he's only just joined but should we try him as a false 9?
Wide right is also an option. Decent player to have off the bench.

Welcome to the club. More people will come up and admit they were wrong after seeing this guy play.
We're in the wonderful pre-season period when everything is looking up and the possibilities are endless and exciting. And then the actual football will start.

Last edited:
Wide right is also an option. Decent player to have off the bench.

We're in the wonderful pre-season period when everything is looking up and the possibilities are endless and exciting. And then the actual football will start.
:lol:
You're not wrong. Last season's pre-season games started so well - thankfully those first 2 actual games of the season could reasonably be looked at now as a blip.

In fairness, while we were starting to try a new approach to play from back, Brighton and Brentford were probably the worst teams bar City and Arsenal to be playing against.

Think it was LVG's pre-season that we were destroying teams for fun only for it to all come crashing down

I honestly feel there is a bias against English players. Mason Mount is a brilliant player, is still only 24 and will surely improve further under Ten Hag. Apart from last season he was Chelsea's top player for two seasons in a row. In today's market, 55 million seems to me like absolute bargain for such a player. Same goes for Onana.

A week ago I thought he was crap.

Today I think he's a handsome bastard who's going to revloutionise our midfield :drool:

I'm excited to see him play in midfield, I'm sure ETH's plan will work very nicely.

Bruno and Mount are going to create a ton of chances together. Now we just need someone to finish them off. :nervous:

Bruno and Mount are going to create a ton of chances together. Now we just need someone to finish them off. :nervous:
Don't make me say his name!

200.gif

It's an opinion that you don't agree with, not sure why you feel offended, particularly when it wasn't an assertion, but @Real Name offering what he thinks. I personally didn't feel it warranted the aggressive wording of the response. Had me wondering if you folks have a history of some sort.

For what it's worth, I think players probably prefer to go to clubs where there are settled owners with a track record of success, however, while I think it's a reasonable expectation, I can't say for sure that a sizeable number of them aren't more invested in the numbers on their contract as I don't have direct experience in signing players.
Thank you. Couldn't explain my point in the middle of rubbish, drivel, garbage and all other words.

Having given some more thought to the purchase of Mason Mount, I think I have changed my mind quite a bit. My initial reaction to his signing was that we were signing a second player to play in a double pivot or even as a 10 to move Bruno out wide and I didn't like either of those options.

But now I realise there might be another plan. As we saw last season, a lot of teams have started to switch from a midfield triangle to a midfield box. City have been doing it for a while now and this season we have seen a lot of other teams adopt this strategy, most notably Arsenal and Brighton.

Essentially, what many of these teams are doing is moving one of their double pivot players higher up the pitch, effectively becoming a second number 10, and moving one of their defenders from the back four into the double pivot. Often it's one of the FBs, or in City's case, a CB, who takes up the defensive midfield position.

We tried this at times last season, with Eriksen and Fred in particular, while Shaw or Dalot moved into the double pivot. Shaw usually did this when AWB was playing and Dalot when he was playing.

The problem we had was that Eriksen didn't have the legs to play such a demanding role and Fred didn't have the tactical discipline or the skills to be a consistent threat in attack.

Mason Mount solves that problem. His work-rate, ball-playing ability, tactical nous and attacking threat would make him a good candidate to succeed in the role, and if we remember a while back, he was enjoying arguably the best period of his career as the second number 10 in Tuchel's system. If ten Hag really plans to use him in this way, and I think he will, Mason Mount could be a really good player for us.

HrGrOGD.png
mWEp8UT.png
Right on. We have been doing that a lot last season, often it looks like 325 as well.

The extra midfield player can be a full back at the base or top of the box. Shaw and Malacia have played as the second 10!

Quality control
Maybe not at all but I dont think they dont move to club cause of the owners.

Try to keep this conversation somewhat civil if you're even capable of that.

You're a milimeter away from personal insults it seems.
Players probably don‘t factor in owners too much when they make moves. A coach is a much bigger factor.

Although if we were owned by Qatari scum some players might think twice.

Fantastic work-rate in the team with Bruno, Mount and Antony.

Thanks - there are more pics on the official site. Licha definitely seems pleased with him!

I'm always really curious on what new players think after their first day of training, and what the other players think too.

I remember reading about Vida and Evra (particularly) thinking they had no business here at such a high level, and their teammates thinking the same! :lol: