Mason Mount | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully, a few months down the line, people quote this post with tons of ‘ :lol: ’ telling me how wrong I was, but Christ what a mediocre, underwhelming transfer, and at a stupid price too :wenger:

45-50 would be fair. Anything more and we're getting caught with our pants down

He has to be sold by end of June right? Not sure where I read it but I’m sure I’ve seen that somewhere.

There’s no need for us to overpay here unless we end up having to fight off competition for him.

I believe my first ever post regarding Harry Kane was to compare him to the very same.

To be fair, at the time I would have laughed but his attacking midfielder tendencies make the comparison relevant, of course Kane is far superior footballer but aesthetically I can see your old point. Now I don't know about you but I actually think that Nolan was a good player, if I remember correctly he lacked agility and explosiveness but he was an interesting PL player. A jack of all trade, master of none.

thought he’d be a little more popular but then again people are used to telling mason no.

Mount, really? For a while I thought there was a player there but like Barkley the actual progress never really came.

Wow, just seen Mac Allister is actually older than Mount. Granted, only by a few weeks but thought Mac Allister was 22/23.

Not saying this is necessarily the reason for looking at Mount, but 8 out of the squad of 25 need to qualify as homegrown. In the current squad, that includes McT, Maguire, Williams, AWB, as well as Heaton and Butland. If some of those leave or are moved on, we'll need homegrown replacements - the only other players listed as homegrown in the current squad are Rashford and Sancho.

The fecking nerve to ask for ‘a lot more’ than 45-50m. The situation they are in, they should be grateful for that amount.

Does Mount even get in our best starting XI? It would be situational at best, assuming Eriksen comes back fresh after the break.

Wow, just seen Mac Allister is actually older than Mount. Granted, only by a few weeks but thought Mac Allister was 22/23.
Id've accurately guessed Mac Allister's age but I thought Mount was 26 or so. Same result, different methods.

We barely lose a game when the trio of Casemiro, Eriksen & Bruno all start, so we are working from a position of strength. Its been a while since that was the case.

Mount and Rabiot would be IMO more than decent options to put into rotation with those three.

But don't tend to be able to control games consistently with those three.

I'd also say starting those 3 in tougher games away from home in particular leaves us somewhat exposed.

If ETH is keen on Mount I suppose he must have a plan for him. If he wants him then all good.

Rabiot is a tough one...but may be deemed quite attractive on a free transfer I suppose.

I just want a midfield that can dominate and take a strangle hold on games (obviously that's dependant on more than just the players in the middle mind).

We've lacked sufficient depth this season so...interesting.

Mount
Mount
What's that about?
Another Chelsea reject I could do without
Come on
Is this the best we can do?
Come on
OOOOOhhhhh
Mount once played for Chelsea, twice player of the year,
then along came crazy Boehly, so he said 'I'm outta here',
he had plenty of choices, but his choice was always clear,
he joined Ten Hags Red Army to make Old Trafford cheer!

Meme in the ff
Rg37d08.png

Not saying this is necessarily the reason for looking at Mount, but 8 out of the squad of 25 need to qualify as homegrown. In the current squad, that includes McT, Maguire, Williams, AWB, as well as Heaton and Butland. If some of those leave or are moved on, we'll need homegrown replacements - the only other players listed as homegrown in the current squad are Rashford and Sancho.
We can register 17 non home grown players... currently we have
  1. De Gea
  2. Lindelof
  3. Martinez
  4. Varane
  5. Malacia
  6. Dalot
  7. Bruno
  8. Eriksen
  9. Fred
  10. Casemiro
  11. Amad/Facundo
  12. Martial
  13. Antony

Personal terms is the easy part. This deal can drag on all summer as the clubs are far apart in their valuation.

United: we will pay 50m and not a cent above that
Chelsea: we want 70
United: OK
#negotiation
  1. De Gea
  2. Lindelof
  3. Martinez
  4. Varane
  5. Malacia
  6. Dalot
  7. Bruno
  8. Eriksen
  9. Fred
  10. Casemiro
  11. Amad/Facundo
  12. Martial
  13. Antony
Would that indicate we are planning to bring a lot of new players?

Never impressed me when I watched him play for England. 30/40 million max seeing he is entering the last year of his contract, anything more than that is just wrong

1. De Gea
  2. Lindelof
  3. Martinez
  4. Varane
  5. Malacia
  6. Dalot
  7. Bruno
  8. Eriksen
  9. Fred
  10. Casemiro
  11. Amad/Facundo
  12. Martial
  13. Antony

Amad is a U21, he is born after 1st january 2001.

Edit: I'm wrong that's for this season.

What's fairly obvious in this thread is that many people have clearly never actually watched Mount play. How people are comparing his style to DVB is just beyond me.

Again, not the sexiest signing but a very good footballer and will surprise a few, even if he's never a player with hype around him.

Isn't that the case with most transfer threads on here? Obviously some people are speaking from a position of knowledge of the player, but it's really clear that many just parrot the consensus.

The Rabiot thread is a good example of this. Once the overall opinion appeared to be negative, suddenly all balance vanished from the thread, replaced by page after page of comments saying exactly the same thing, with the usual incremental levels of hyperbole attached until you'd be forgiven for thinking he wouldn't get a game for the Dog and Duck :lol: One year later he's suddenly decent again.

It's a shame as there's clearly some knowledgeable people but it's hard to know who to listen to.

To be fair, at the time I would have laughed but his attacking midfielder tendencies make the comparison relevant, of course Kane is far superior footballer but aesthetically I can see your old point. Now I don't know about you but I actually think that Nolan was a good player, if I remember correctly he lacked agility and explosiveness but he was an interesting PL player. A jack of all trade, master of none.
I think he's a good player but I don't think he'll score at the top level consistently enough to play up top. Kevin Nolan springs to mind, as a comparison.

He had scored a total of 5 league goals at the time I said it. He's got a few more now.

Are we like seriusly getting Mount? That is certainly not Kane class.

Og my how littel exited i am about that.

I dont rate him at all sorry...

I think its a shrewd signing, even more so if we can pull it off for 45-50m.

Never impressed me when I watched him play for England. 30/40 million max seeing he is entering the last year of his contract, anything more than that is just wrong
Not far off, but I'd go even lower than that.

I'm not the biggest fan but think he'd be an improvement on some players. Saying that, if I were to value him with my vast football knowledge, I'd have him down as a £40-£50m player at the max - and that's with him on a contract with a number of years left.

£20-£30m with one year left would be fair or I'd just ask him to sit tight and sign on a free in a year.

Same for Kane and £100m with 1 year left for that matter. Too overpriced for a soon to be 30 year old with dodgy ankles

I don’t really rate him. If ETH can get him back to his best level then he’ll be useful for us.

£25 million is a fair price for him.

I'd throw in Maguire if they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.