Mason Mount | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came across another surprising stats today, I think that was based on his peak season stats.

Chances created:
1. Bruno 87
2. Grealish 75
3. De Bruyne 73
4. Mount 73
5. Pedro 61

Also, 13 goals 16 assists last season. I think he is seriously being underrated at the moment.

Yeah it's crazy, was both Chelsea's highest scorer and also most assists for them that season. And then Chelsea have been a wreck this season so it's hard to judge him based on this one.

And that would have been a godawful deal, so him wanting a player means feck all.

I will give Mount a chance if he ends up here, but I hope we get out of this deal if there's enough time. Has every red flag of it being another overpaid useless transfer we will be looking forward to upgrade on few years later.

I´ve seen him play way more than that.
I take it you rate him higher than me. Fair enough

He had Bruno-like numbers last season, POTY twice and a CL winner where he also had a beautiful assist in the final. Can I ask why you don't rate him at all?

Are there examples you're remembering where we seemed to miss out on an important target because we spent early on someone we didn't need?
When we bought Fred and didn’t have enough to spend on anyone else

Where does he play his best? I'm genuinely baffled by this signing.
Assuming Ten Hag is sticking with his current system I'd say the right hand side of the three behind the striker.

The main worry with Mount right now is is his form of the last 18 months a bad run or early burnout like Rooney suffered? It's that slight doubt in my mind that makes me less gutted than I usually would be here.

One way or another one of our clubs are going to look silly in a year or twos time.

I wonder how much Spurs will ask for Kane from us once they realise how much we're willing to pay for Mount.

Mount is tidy in possession. He also gets about better than Eriksen which is useful in possession as he is good at getting himself into position to show for the ball. Our possession game would improve.
He is tidy in possession but he doesn’t help to dictate the play at all. It just seems strange to me how we were chasing Frankie for so long who fits in that exact mould then we move onto Mount. Maybe the manager sees something completely different now which is understandable , but is Mount that guy who has both character and quality that we desparetly need

I'm not really a big fan of Mount, but if we can get him plus Rabiot on a free to replace Mcfred next season, then that's a hell of an upgrade.

When we bought Fred and didn’t have enough to spend on anyone else
Fred's played loads and for large periods been first choice. It would've been nice if we'd bought a better midfielder but I really don't think he was superfluous, to be honest.

He’s a good lad, works hard, and is a better option in big games than eriksen in my opinion.

He has been one of Chelsea’s only redeeming features this year

He had Bruno-like numbers last season, POTY twice and a CL winner where he also had a beautiful assist in the final. Can I ask why you don't rate him at all?

As someone who highly rates Mount, especially for his age, the only thing that baffles me is how he will work with Bruno. Because we're surely not signing him for when Bruno needs a rest.

The only player who actually creates like Bruno (and often more) is KDB and he is surrounded by Rodri and Gundogan who rotate the ball but take less chances with it. The argument people have is that we needed our Gundogan a press resistant player with good engine and passing skills, not another player who takes risks with the ball and is better up the field. That Kovacic would complement Casemiro and Bruno better.

While I understand that worry, this is a tactical decision and we have to trust ETH's tactical plan. Which is easier for me to do I guess, because I already highly rate the player.

Think he will essentially replace McT in the squad. Quite sure we would sign one more midfielder (Rice or Rabiot) and sell Fred.

Bruno, Casemiro, Eriksen, Mount and Rabiot /Rice is a decent midfield.

Easy there, i don´t think i ever said that in bold?

He is a good player, he is quick, agile, decent ability on the ball, good passing, decent work rate, can both add some goals and assists. But i see him as someone who plays as an attacking mid, right where we play Bruno, and i think Bruno is a level above Mount, and Bruno is usually able to play 60+ games every season. Maybe i´ve missed something about this guy and he can slot in next to Case no problems, but don´t see it atm. So i don´t really feel that he is adding that much to our starting 11, which you would like for the money that Chelsea want for him.

Weird signing imo unless Bruno is leaving.. But if ETH wants him, who am I to judge.

Seeing Chelsea linked with Caicedo, Ugarte and M. Kone meanwhile we’re reportedly chasing Mount

it’s not looking good bruv

Easy there, i don´t think i ever said that in bold?

He is a good player, he is quick, agile, decent ability on the ball, good passing, decent work rate, can both add some goals and assists. But i see him as someone who plays as an attacking mid, right where we play Bruno, and i think Bruno is a level above Mount, and Bruno is usually able to play 60+ games every season. Maybe i´ve missed something about this guy and he can slot in next to Case no problems, but don´t see it atm. So i don´t really feel that he is adding that much to our starting 11, which you would like for the money that Chelsea want for him.
Why would he slot next to Casemiro? I am pretty sure Ten Hag wants Casemiro alone in CDM role while having two number 8's in front of him where Mount comes in next to Bruno.

He’s a good lad, works hard, and is a better option in big games than eriksen in my opinion.

He has been one of Chelsea’s only redeeming features this year
Not this year he hasn't. Also whys he a good lad?

Think he will essentially replace McT in the squad. Quite sure we would sign one more midfielder (Rice or Rabiot) and sell Fred.

Bruno, Casemiro, Eriksen, Mount and Rabiot /Rice is a decent midfield.
He'll replace Fred's headless chicken runs with intelligent pressing at #8. Mount is nothing like McTominay at #6.

Last edited:
Why would he slot next to Casemiro? I am pretty sure Ten Hag wants Casemiro alone in CDM role while having two number 8's in front of him where Mount comes in next to Bruno.
Don´t think Casemiro has quite the legs anymore to cover the defense on his own, seems a bit risky, but that might be what Erik is looking for. Could work with Masons and Brunos workrate.

So say we have a 120 million budget at the start of the season. We spend 40 million on that for Mount then we have 80 million left. With that 80 million we need to buy a striker and goalkeeper who I think most can agree are the most important positions to improve. We spend 40 million on a goalkeeper that’s 40 million left in the budget. Suddenly Kane is priced at 60 million but we can’t get him as we don’t have enough left when Kane is a player that significantly improves us far more than Mount could do (considering we have a crock and a man who can’t score goals in that position right now)

What if the budget is comprised of a 20m goalkeeper, 40m Mount and 60m Kane? What if the total amount available is 150m instead of 120m?

This is just the reverse of the De Jong saga last season, where we agreed terms with the club but were miles off with the player. This time, we've agreed terms with the player but are miles off with the club. I don't consider this anywhere close to being done.

Why would Mount leave Chelsea unless he wanted to be a starter and he wasnt getting that at Chelsea with all the new singings?

If he comes, he will probably be a starter and not a replacement for McT or Fred.

I asked someone earlier why they rated McAllister higher than Mount and didn’t get a reply. And I think that question would apply to many here who would be much more upbeat about McAllister going by that thread than Mount going by this one.

Perhaps the majority of the Caf will feel better when we sign Harry Kane after Mount. These two signings will really elevate us to another level or two

Agree, signing Mount and Kane would elevate us two levels. Of course, signing only Kane would do the same.

Why would Mount leave Chelsea unless he wanted to be a starter and he wasnt getting that at Chelsea with all the new singings?

If he comes, he will probably be a starter and not a replacement for McT or Fred.

He will take Eriksen's spot and we'll play with 2 8's because Eriksen is struggling to complete a regular 90 minutes

I can see Mount and Rabiot coming in with McTominay and Sabitzer (end of loan) going out

So say we have a 120 million budget at the start of the season. We spend 40 million on that for Mount then we have 80 million left. With that 80 million we need to buy a striker and goalkeeper who I think most can agree are the most important positions to improve. We spend 40 million on a goalkeeper that’s 40 million left in the budget. Suddenly Kane is priced at 60 million but we can’t get him as we don’t have enough left when Kane is a player that significantly improves us far more than Mount could do (considering we have a crock and a man who can’t score goals in that position right now)

What if you sold someone ...

McT to Newcastle 30M
Henderson to Forest 15M
Elanga - 10M

That's an extra 55M straight away, Maguire could fetch you a bit as well, then there's Telles as well, maybe Greenwood gets sold abroad as well

I asked someone earlier why they rated McAllister higher than Mount and didn’t get a reply. And I think that question would apply to many here who would be much more upbeat about McAllister going by that thread than Mount going by this one.

It’s because Mount is not a sexy bearded Scottish/Irish hybrid that’s actually Argentinian, a World Cup winner, and best mates with Messi while playing for the most hipster club in the league.

He’s been better than Kovacic for the last 3/4 years but that doesn’t stop the same posters running from here to cry about not signing him instead of City
Not sure we need another midfielder coming close to their 30s either. I know that Kovacic won't just suddenly fall apart but the average age of the squad right now lends itself to bringing in younger recruitment right now.

He will be taking Eriksen's spot and we'll play with 2 8's

Eriksen can't complete 90 minutes these days he should be a squad player at best
I'm not convinced he'd be signed as an 8..

In his best season for Chelsea (when he got like 30 goal contributions and they won the CL, if I'm not mistaken?) I thought he played to the left, just off the striker (with Havertz the other side of the striker)

I could be wrong about all that FYI, but I always assumed that's his best position. Which won't work when it's also the spaces where Rashford is most lethal

Started each of Chelsea’s knockout games during their CL win, bar the return against Atletico in the round of 16. That’s an encouraging stat to me.

What if you sold someone ...

McT to Newcastle 30M
Henderson to Forest 15M
Elanga - 10M

That's an extra 55M straight away, Maguire could fetch you a bit as well, then there's Telles as well, maybe Greenwood gets sold abroad as well

Forest are prepared to pay £30 million for Henderson. Also Elanga given his age would command a much higher feee as well. With those 3 alone we could easily generate £75 million in sales.

No to selling Greenwood, he will likely go out on loan.

Why? Because Chelsea are a mess, with an overbloated squad that finished 12th in the league, owned by a meddling idiotic Yank who didn't offer him a good enough contract.

Why the feck would any self respecting player with a year or less left on the contract and good options in the market, renew for them now. Jorginho, Pulisic, Kovacic etc. all seem to think it's a bad idea staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.