Mason Mount | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh. I will miss him. I hate this.
I still don't get why he's leaving Chelsea?

I heard or read some United journo say something like "they took advantage of a poor Chelsea season and their current fractured dressing room" - But I can't see why a 24 year old who has been with Chelsea forever would leave because of that without seeing if Pochettino can turn things around first

I heard or read some United journo say something like "they took advantage of a poor Chelsea season and their current fractured dressing room" - But I can't see why a 24 year old who has been with Chelsea forever would leave because of that without seeing if Pochettino can turn things around first

Posted earlier in the thread about it but basically he didn't want to sign a long extension with incentives like most of the rest of the team has done - Reece James got a long extension on a top wage a year ago and Mount wants similar, but in the midst of negotiations the wage policy changed and Mount felt slighted.

Money.

We've signed plenty of English players for big money and it worked fine Cole, Rio, Carrick etc just recent times it has been an issue but in the past we used to do it regularly to a lot of success
You're forgetting the best example - our all time top goal scorer.

I didn't say that, It's just that capology and spotrac are just crap. I wish people stop using those sites.

Yeah for football you're right. I desperately wish contracts were reported here the way they are in the US - X years, Y dollars. So much easier to understand and tot up - especially since it's annual salaries that matter from an FFP perspective anyhow.

Yeah for football you're right. I desperately wish contracts were reported here the way they are in the US - X years, Y dollars. So much easier to understand and tot up - especially since it's annual salaries that matter from an FFP perspective anyhow.

Exactly, not sure why everything about football is so secret and corrupt. It should be mandatory to disclose transfer fee and what are the add ons, likewise fixed wages and bonuses. Not sure why they don't do it.

Exactly, not sure why everything about football is so secret and corrupt. It should be mandatory to disclose transfer fee and what are the add ons, likewise fixed wages and bonuses. Not sure why they don't do it.

Think it's secret because even though we all acknowledge how corrupt it is the reality is probably far worse!

Good thing the organisations running the sport are obviously above reproach though and definitely definitely are doing their best to keep things on the up and up...

Think it's secret because even though we all acknowledge how corrupt it is the reality is probably far worse!

Good thing the organisations running the sport are obviously above reproach though and definitely definitely are doing their best to keep things on the up and up...

Yeah that might be a possibility.

Mata also had lot of assists from set pieces, he signed for us and we barely scored from set pieces.

How old was Mata when we signed him? Felt like he was past his peak replaced by Oscar at Chelsea.

Mount is young at least

to all the haters, just remember-

IMG-9640.jpg
So that's what LuckyScout posts when he isn't doing it here.

Last edited:
How old was Mata when we signed him? Felt like he was past his peak replaced by Oscar at Chelsea.

Mount is young at least
He was 25 (Mount is 24). A lot has been mentioned about Mount winning Chelsea's player of the season twice, Mata won it the previous two seasons at Chelsea before signing for United, where Chelsea won the FA Cup, CL and Europa League.

Mata had some pretty incredible numbers too. His first season at Chelsea he had 12 goals and 20 assists in all competitions and in his final full season at Chelsea he had 19 goals and 35 assists in all competitions.

Jose took over in 13/14 and the whole Oscar situation was Jose preferring Oscar to Mata as a no.10, predominantly due to his defensive capabilities. The same January that Mata got sold, Chelsea also sold KDB who Jose didn't really like too much either.

Mata had some pretty incredible numbers too. His first season at Chelsea he had 12 goals and 20 assists in all competitions and in his final full season at Chelsea he had 19 goals and 35 assists in all competitions.

Mata was an absolute diamond for us. Still extremely highly thought of and the fan base still loves him.

I love journalists sometimes.

"He wanted to sign him for #MUFC because of his work on + off the ball."

"He wanted to sign him for all the things he does on the pitch", marvellous insight. As opposed to... signing him for the quality of his cooking? Or the incredible strength of the Mount brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.