View full 2023-24 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you wouldn’t get sane press intensity and winning ball back high up the pitch, but offensively Maddison is a much better player and was also a fair bit cheaper.

I like Madison but it's essentially the same issue, a player who is best used as a 10 but doesn't have the discipline and instincts to play the 8 role at a high level. It's a case and point with Mount he's not a bad player, far from it I actually think he was class for Chelsea in form but he doesn't fit the requirements of this team.

A manager has to be sensitive to understand a players capabilities when they are playing beyond their natural position. Pep has a recent interview about Foden which sheds insight, he stated that Foden could play 5 positions across the field but when he mentioned the middle he was critical of Phil's intuition defensively so wouldn't place him there consistently at this time of his development. That managerial level of awareness is very important and somewhat overlooked.

Interview below
https://www.mancity.com/citytv/mens...l can play in five,he can do something special.

Caf found new scapegoat
Not really. It's not his fault but Erik's. If anything Mount should be cover for Bruno if he gets injured. Our second number 10. But they shouldn't be starting together at the same time.

Mason Mount vs Wolves

0 goals
0 assists
0 chances created
0 crosses
0 tackles won
0 accurate crosses
0 aerial duels won

I watched the game and he was still awful.

What does MacAllister do better than Mount? Go on.

Not claiming Mount is a world beater, but MacAllister isn't a world beater either.

Interceptions, tackles, touches, passes, pass success, goal scoring, at least last season.

Obviously neither were anything like the best option, just Mount was by far the worst option of many. The best option was to not let Caicedo and Enzo and Rice all go elsewhere in the space of just 1 season.

If we are going to play the 3-6-0 formation then not giving the ball away every 5 seconds is imperative every time we lost the ball we basically had no midfield this formation is only gonna work with a midfielder who can dictate play and be good in the transitions if we play like this against Spurs we will be battered. Casimero looks like hes been doing eating competitions this summer and doesnt look fit. Does anyone believe that these stupid tours in the USA etc dont benefit the team in pre season we looked very tired out there today and i wouldnt be suprised if the travelling over the last month has effected us.

Not a good start. He needs to show for the ball and show more when he’s on the ball. At times it felt like his primary role was off the ball and on the ball he not supposed to do much but add a body.

I said when we signed him that personally I thought we needed a playmaker who can dictate play rather than a energetic pressing attacking midfielder. Hopefully he improves and is told to take more responsibility.

Rather have Fred honestly. Seems like another player who only thrives in space. We have enough of those guys. Fred could at least cause the other team some problems on defense and deliver the occasional great through ball.
Which is in line with the we want to be the best transition team comment. However I think we are fine as a transition team and need improvement as a possession team.

Interceptions, tackles, touches, passes, pass success, goal scoring, at least last season.

Obviously neither were anything like the best option, just Mount was by far the worst option of many. The best option was to not let Caicedo and Enzo and Rice all go elsewhere in the space of just 1 season.

So you think MacAllister is better than Mount in every single facet of the game?

Having said that this was a very hard team to debut in given everyone was trash. Rashford couldn’t hold the ball up, Garnacho wasted every attack, Antony kept passing it inside, Awb couldn’t make a forward pass and Bruno couldn’t get involved.

Let’s see how he’s doing 5-7 games in. Hopefully our ordinances improve as most of the team was piss poor yesterday.

If Mount was awful last night what would we make of Bruno's, then? Diabolical? Jokes aside I thought he was our best performer in what was a minging overall display by all of our midfield players.

Would love to have seen any of those 3 in our midfield :(

I'm most disappointed in his lack of touches. I think he had the lowest amount on the team before he was subbed.

He should be rotation option for Bruno and we need to sign an actual 8 who can show up for the ball and dictate. Such a pointless signing.

Not really. It's not his fault but Erik's. If anything Mount should be cover for Bruno if he gets injured. Our second number 10. But they shouldn't be starting together at the same time.
He wants to play pressing number 8 but neither of them can keep the ball for more than 3 seconds.

Yes. An overall better footballer. A key cog in the world Cup winning team.

Wouldn't use the word key cog even though he was good, but him being than Mount in every single facet is insane hyperbole.

We're not talking about Xavi/Iniesta. It's MacAllister.

I’m not writing Mount of yet by any means but there’s a young lad from Ajax called Kudus who may have been a better purchase and would have cost roughly the same.

Wouldn't use the word key cog even though he was good, but him being than Mount in every single facet is insane hyperbole.

We're not talking about Xavi/Iniesta. It's MacAllister.
Xavi and Iniesta are not required to be named in a discussion about Mount. About a dozen better players in the PL itself.

Xavi and Iniesta are not required to be named in a discussion about Mount. About a dozen better players in the PL itself.

They are when you're treating MacAllister as this world class player.

Him and Mount are at a similar level.

Mount is an experiment that might end costly or bear fruit. I always maintained that if we wanted a 10 I would be happy with his signing but for an 8 he was always a no for me. Let's hope it works out somehow.

He did exactly what he's done for Chelsea and England in the last year or so, nothing. He literally did nothing and basically accommodating him didn't help Bruno who was equally inept. We should revert to Eriksen and Mount should be a squad option. I didn't understand it when we bought him, especially given our budget and our needs and last night hasn't helped clarify that.

I was not a fan before we signed him. He lacked that special sauce for me. Not elite at anything. He needs to develop a chemistry and understanding with Bruno for us to be good. I thought he did ok yesterday. Like ETH said it was a medium performance but he did his job.

I was not a fan before we signed him. He lacked that special sauce for me. Not elite at anything. He needs to develop a chemistry and understanding with Bruno for us to be good. I thought he did ok yesterday. Like ETH said it was a medium performance but he did his job.
It was terrible performance. Thinking about the game and I can't remember anything of note that he did.
No key pass or key tackle. He struggled physically and is not the right fit in our midfield with the players we already got.
Unfortunately ETH has done a major mistake with this one and will likely have to change the shape of the team to compensate for this.

Let's hope there's more to come from him and he gets used to playing with everyone. One thing he needs to get quickly is a better understanding with Bruno, so that if one of them breaks forward the other is a little sensible, as there were too many times yesterday when both were caught too high and Case was left on his own.

Problem is for me, it doesn´t feel like a bad performance from him. Not sure i am expecting much else?
He ran a lot, expected that
Tackled a few times, expected that
A few decent sideways passes, expected that

Does anyone think he will suddenly slide into these old Scholes shoes and start controlling the game with smart movement and slick passing?

We could have kept Sabitzer or Donny to do what he did yesterday. And ususally does.

We needed a player of Scholes/Fabregas/FDJ caliber and United hierarchy buys Mount with 1 year contract for 55m+5m and gave number 7. Only explanation till now is trust the manager.

For the amount we spent on him we should be getting someone who is proven in his intended position, not just someone who might be able to play there. Add to that he wasn't exactly in great form last season and it looks an odd one. Not convinced our rumoured plans of keeping mct and sogning amrabat will massively improve things

Let's hope there's more to come from him and he gets used to playing with everyone. One thing he needs to get quickly is a better understanding with Bruno, so that if one of them breaks forward the other is a little sensible, as there were too many times yesterday when both were caught too high and Case was left on his own.
The concerning thing is Bruno has never really shown the level of intelligence required to make that work

If Mount was awful last night what would we make of Bruno's, then? Diabolical? Jokes aside I thought he was our best performer in what was a minging overall display by all of our midfield players.

Bruno is the one player in the team we can carry because he pops up with the pass that creates the goal, as he often does. We can't carry two players and certainly not one who does nothing.

Unfortunately the debate will turn around him this season and in one or two games the media circus will also put him under pressure.

Issue was not his production because he was not that much on the ball. He didn't combined much, was a bit to lost between the line, but I thought that he was very good at the counter press. Issue is that he was often the only one to do it.

Think he needs to stay a bit deeper because he often played higher than Bruno so it can cause a trouble to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.