Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic | Factual updates only

berbasloth4

Gatafe worked that deal well but to be fair it was work it to get the circus around him away from the club.

he could never have played for us regardless of what you think. There would have been uproar from media and would have damaged sponsorship deals etc.

Fantastic footballer unfortunately a stupid incident cost him his United career but he still has an opportunity of a good career and at one of the giants - he should feel fortunate.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Makes me really sad that he will leave permanently, but I totally understand why, as we all wear the chains we forge with our actions. He had such potential, and I really thought we had found that versatile player who could play across all 3 positions upfront.
It would make me very happy indeed.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
A stupid incident would suggest it was a one off.

Which would make her recording it quite the coincidence.
A stupid incident is where you meant to buy semi-skimmed milk and accidentally grabbed full fat from the shelf. Where you threaten your partner with rape for not immediately shagging you on demand is probably more of a? ...... Answers on a postcard to the CPS.

Red_Aaron

There is certainly some sadness around this whole sorry situation.

I feel sorry for all the club staff who have invested in this guys career. All the coaches and managers who've spent years helping make him the player he became. I imagine everyone associated with the club was tremendously proud when mason established himself in the first team and was called up by the national team as a teenager. Academies produce players of that level incredibly rarely. I feel sad for them

I have some personal sadness because this guy was my 8yr olds favourite player. He had multiple shirts with his name on and he'd run around the garden with a ball pretending to be him. He'd even work extra hard on his weaker foot so he could be '2-footed like Greenwood' . When all this broke I had to wait for him to fall asleep so I could take those shirts out of his wardrobe and not allow him to have them again. I feel sad that my son essentially lost his first football hero and I had to try to explain to someone so young the circumstances around it.

I feel sad for all our fans who put so much faith and hope into him during a relatively fallow period. He was a shining light on the pitch that maybe the future would be OK. I don't agree with it but I do understand why some still cling to him, the tribal nature of football twists a lot of heads in the worst ways

But most of all I feel sad for the victim who had to endure such horrendous abuse from someone who she trusted and most probably loved very much. I fear she may be continuing to suffer this and hope everyone else around them is being vigilant in their care and attention of her

DontBeMeanToBeRuud

Intermittent explosive disorder (IED) is an impulse-control disorder characterized by sudden episodes of unwarranted anger. The disorder is typified by hostility, impulsivity, and recurrent aggressive outbursts. People with IED essentially “explode” into a rage despite a lack of apparent provocation or reason.

Feels like some people think Mental Health issues are only when your depressed. Then people will tell me that everything like mental health is just an excuse because they have no understanding of a person with mental health issues whilst i do since i have mood swings and bursts of anger too.

I'm okay with him having a second chance at United if he has gone through therapy and consultations both for his anger and his domestic abuse.

He is a very young person, I'm sure some of you have kids older than him and he can learn to turn that anger and abuse off for good.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Intermittent explosive disorder (IED) is an impulse-control disorder characterized by sudden episodes of unwarranted anger. The disorder is typified by hostility, impulsivity, and recurrent aggressive outbursts. People with IED essentially “explode” into a rage despite a lack of apparent provocation or reason.

Feels like some people think Mental Health issues are only when your depressed. Then people will tell me that everything like mental health is just an excuse because they have no understanding of a person with mental health issues whilst i do since i have mood swings and bursts of anger too.

I'm okay with him having a second chance at United if he has gone through therapy and consultations both for his anger and his domestic abuse.

He is a very young person, I'm sure some of you have kids older than him and he can learn to turn that anger and abuse off for good.
Why are you imagining that his threats to rape was a symptom of a mental health issue when it has never even been hinted at as an excuse?

OmarUnited4ever

If that clause exists it's surely some sort of indication of how bad the situation was. Second chance? We had to pay to get someone to take him. Getafe get paid to absorb some of the toxicity while he rehabilitates.

Is it definitely real?
It is real and it is exactly how you describe it, Gatafe would not have even considered signing him if they didn't stand to profit from selling him, they not only signed him, but they also paraded him and gave a chance to play football, they proved to be the perfect place to revive Greenwood's career and make him sellable asset, I do not blame the club for offering that 20% sell on to Gatafe, now, clubs are interested in buying Greenwood, thanks to his time in Gatafe

DontBeMeanToBeRuud

Why are you imagining that his treats to rape was a symptom of a a mental health issue when it has never even been hinted at as an excuse?
Because his threats to rape his partner - the closest one to him - not some randomer on the street can come directly from him being angry.

Anger outburst's are unreal. I've had them for a long time where i would go push my mum and my girlfriend against door's & beds, break their stuff because i cant control my anger whilst calling them bitches and whores. I used to emotionally abuse my girlfriend to force her to get Tattoos.

If you think he was threatening his girlfriend to rape her whilst feeling happy and one to one with his normal self then fine.

I don't think so, i think his anger and his actions directly at his partner is a symptom of him have low self control due to him having anger issues which is a mental disorder or symptom.

I know this because i have had it.

Personality and actions can change like a wire that suddenly turns on or off electricity.

ForeverRed1

A stupid incident is where you meant to buy semi-skimmed milk and accidentally grabbed full fat from the shelf. Where you threaten your partner with rape for not immediately shagging you on demand is probably more of a? ...... Answers on a postcard to the CPS.
Aswell as beating her black and blue with evidence of it too.

how people brush over it like it is nothing is beyond me.

ForeverRed1

Because his threats to rape his partner - the closest one to him - not some randomer on the street can come directly from him being angry.

Anger outburst's are unreal. I've had them for a long time where i would go push my mum and my girlfriend against door's & beds, break their stuff because i cant control my anger whilst calling them bitches and whores. I used to emotionally abuse my girlfriend to force her to get Tattoos.

If you think he was threatening his girlfriend to rape her whilst feeling happy and one to one with his normal self then fine.

I don't think so, i think his anger and his actions directly at his partner is a symptom of him have low self control due to him having anger issues which is a mental disorder or symptom.

Personality and actions can change like a wire that suddenly turns on or off electricity.
Or he’s been spoilt and pampered like many footballers that aren’t used to being told NO.

treated like gods everywhere they go and people wonder why it creates monsters? There’s been other videos of him with questionable behaviour. Hes 19, worth millions and treated like his shit don’t stink.

SonOfFergie

There is certainly some sadness around this whole sorry situation.

I feel sorry for all the club staff who have invested in this guys career. All the coaches and managers who've spent years helping make him the player he became. I imagine everyone associated with the club was tremendously proud when mason established himself in the first team and was called up by the national team as a teenager. Academies produce players of that level incredibly rarely. I feel sad for them

I have some personal sadness because this guy was my 8yr olds favourite player. He had multiple shirts with his name on and he'd run around the garden with a ball pretending to be him. He'd even work extra hard on his weaker foot so he could be '2-footed like Greenwood' . When all this broke I had to wait for him to fall asleep so I could take those shirts out of his wardrobe and not allow him to have them again. I feel sad that my son essentially lost his first football hero and I had to try to explain to someone so young the circumstances around it.

I feel sad for all our fans who put so much faith and hope into him during a relatively fallow period. He was a shining light on the pitch that maybe the future would be OK. I don't agree with it but I do understand why some still cling to him, the tribal nature of football twists a lot of heads in the worst ways

But most of all I feel sad for the victim who had to endure such horrendous abuse from someone who she trusted and most probably loved very much. I fear she may be continuing to suffer this and hope everyone else around them is being vigilant in their care and attention of her
Kudos. Very well put.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
It can also come from him being a scumbag who thinks he should be able to have sex with who he wants when he wants.

It sounds rather like you projecting your issues and behavior and interpreting his behavior as if it is the same thing to me. I'd also guess that even when you were angry you didn't threaten anyone with rape?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

He could also just be a cnut. Just as much, if not more, evidence of that than a mental health issue.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
He could also just be a cnut. Just as much, if not more, evidence of that than a mental health issue.
Why not both? Plenty of people with mental health issues are utter bellends.

As for Greenwood, good luck to him and his family in Italy. I genuinely hope they're all happy and safe. Juve is a great club.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Why not both? Plenty of people with mental health issues are utter bellends.

As for Greenwood, good luck to him and his family in Italy. I genuinely hope they're all happy and safe. Juve is a great club.
True. A fair point.

Agreed, I wish him and his family the best and this can all be left in the past.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Have you heard the audio? He doesn't really sound angry, he just sounds irritated. I don't think you can just stick a disorder on him to potentially excuse what he did. It's a long shot.

As for yourself, that sounds messed up. If you do have that I hope you sought help and also I'm wondering if you think that absolves you of all of your actions. A tattoo takes a while to get, were you stuck in an outburst for multiple hours? Confused on that one.

Yakuza_devils

I think it's a win win situation for all. Juventus is not a downgrade at all.

1. Juventus get a 80M player for a cut price of maybe 40M. He could be a top player in Juventus.
2. Greenwood gets to build his career at one of the biggest clubs in Europe and away from English medias
3. We get 40M which is big for our FFP due to homegrown player and add to our transfer budget next season while also getting rid of a problematic character.

This is a very sensible transfer which we should get it done asap.

John XII

Is RJD (Ridiculous Justification Disorder) part of DSM-5? Whilst there's merit to these kind of diagnoses, they are often mistaken as something that someone 'has' as opposed to something they are exhibiting. If he had a mental health condition that caused him to be a danger to others then he should be sectioned and treated in a secure facility. I doubt there is anyone that doesn't hope that he reforms and changes his behaviour, that doesn't mitigate the fact that what he did does and bloody well should have serious consequences.

Last edited:

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.

Mental health issues don't excuse being a bollocks.

Scanny

Women always pay for the inability of men controlling their own anger management issues.

Thanks for your post clearly indicating any number of red flags. I hope you’ve got help for the sake of the women in your life.

FujiVice

What a trainwreck this post is.

the_cliff

Can't wait till he's gone so this thread is too. The amount of stupidity in this thread is not normal.

cafecillos

His girlfriend must be a shit person for staying with him right?
If he really did what can also be a fake video from him then she just deserves him. Her parents must be proud of her toughter for staying with a guy that is supposedcto have raped here.

If he and her family could forgive him and other football clubs/fans why can’t United supporters do that?
These posts are scum.

Oldyella

If he really did what can also be a fake video from him then she just deserves him. Her parents must be proud of her toughter for staying with a guy that is supposedcto have raped here.

If he and her family could forgive him and other football clubs/fans why can’t United supporters do that?
As far as idiotic posts go, this is up there.

cafecillos

How so? How can we know what is true and what’s not?
Anyway hopefully we get some money for him.
I'm not biting, the stupidity and DV apologism in those posts have been rebutted dozens of times in this thread alone. Educate yourself or at the very least have the decency to shut the feck up. This is too serious a societal issue for your hot takes.

Pickle85

If you're going to post objectionable drivel, at least make it readable.

Infra-red

I'm pleased that it looks as though this will be resolved this summer with the minimum of fuss. No long drawn out decision making process, no debates among fans about whether we will keep him or not - decision made, we're selling him and he'll leave this summer.

Red00012

If he really did what can also be a fake video from him then she just deserves him. Her parents must be proud of her for staying with a guy that is supposed to have raped her.

If she and her family could forgive him and other football clubs/fans why can’t United supporters do that?
I’ve got a warning on this thread for less on this :rolleyes: