Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic | Factual updates only

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Because his threats to rape his partner - the closest one to him - not some randomer on the street can come directly from him being angry.

Anger outburst's are unreal. I've had them for a long time where i would go push my mum and my girlfriend against door's & beds, break their stuff because i cant control my anger whilst calling them bitches and whores. I used to emotionally abuse my girlfriend to force her to get Tattoos.

If you think he was threatening his girlfriend to rape her whilst feeling happy and one to one with his normal self then fine.

I don't think so, i think his anger and his actions directly at his partner is a symptom of him have low self control due to him having anger issues which is a mental disorder or symptom.

I know this because i have had it.

Personality and actions can change like a wire that suddenly turns on or off electricity.
Why are you constantly coming into this thread pushing the same story again and again? We’ve heard it already several times, we know your thinking behind it and don’t agree. Let’s leave it there

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Always good to get a fresh take in this thread.

Hopefully the Juve move will happen sooner rather than later.

SSSSnake

Hoping other clubs come in for him so we get a bidding war going! Looks like we could fetch a decent fee for a change. Shame how it turned out as he would have been better than Rashford.

tidraKS

Why can Juve or Napoli or Dortmund take him, but we can't? Are their owners/fans/whoever less human than we are? Can't we just forgive him?

Giggs' right foot

Why can Juve or Napoli or Dortmund take him, but we can't? Are their owners/fans/whoever less human than we are? Can't we just forgive him?
This isn't about can/can't. This is about should/shouldn't. If you think we should - then think that. Who's stopping you?

arnoldS

Because everybody in england knows what happened and united is one of the biggest clubs in the word. In italy not everyopne knows about this and frankly won't care. This would mean endless media attention and thats the last thing we need right now. Shame though as he is a fantastic player but has only himself to blame.

Pickle85

Wow, if only someone had suggested this incredibly original thought already

Nogbadthebad

Its not been a major story in other countries.

There would never, ever be any peace for him here, every ground, every public appearance. He would get called every name under the sun.

It is in his own interest to go elsewhere, because while beckham could deal with the entire country hating him for half a season, few players could. And this would be like that, forever.

RuudTom83

United are not going to be able to get a great deal for him with all things considered.

But rather than have add-ons which he will never meet or can easily be dodged by the buying club, I would just include a huge percentage if he is ever sold again.

Let someone have him for 25 million but include a 50% sell on fee.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Because his threats to rape his partner - the closest one to him - not some randomer on the street can come directly from him being angry.

Anger outburst's are unreal. I've had them for a long time where i would go push my mum and my girlfriend against door's & beds, break their stuff because i cant control my anger whilst calling them bitches and whores. I used to emotionally abuse my girlfriend to force her to get Tattoos.

If you think he was threatening his girlfriend to rape her whilst feeling happy and one to one with his normal self then fine.

I don't think so, i think his anger and his actions directly at his partner is a symptom of him have low self control due to him having anger issues which is a mental disorder or symptom.

Personality and actions can change like a wire that suddenly turns on or off electricity.
Is this a wind up!?

Last edited:

Rockets Redglare

Intermittent explosive disorder (IED) is an impulse-control disorder characterized by sudden episodes of unwarranted anger. The disorder is typified by hostility, impulsivity, and recurrent aggressive outbursts. People with IED essentially “explode” into a rage despite a lack of apparent provocation or reason.

Feels like some people think Mental Health issues are only when your depressed. Then people will tell me that everything like mental health is just an excuse because they have no understanding of a person with mental health issues whilst i do since i have mood swings and bursts of anger too.

I'm okay with him having a second chance at United if he has gone through therapy and consultations both for his anger and his domestic abuse.

He is a very young person, I'm sure some of you have kids older than him and he can learn to turn that anger and abuse off for good.
You’ve no idea about his mental health so you’re just wildly speculating to try and justify his behaviour.

Nogho

Back in the days I wrote that I felt sorry for him (now I'm regretting that) and I hoped that he could get a second chance in United. But when put before the thought of him coming back it feels really weird and wrong. A move to another club somewhere else would be the best for everyone involved. People like me who thought about him as Mason the footballer not the private person has seen reason and all the things that came out is more then enough to see him sold and not back in United. Lets just hope we get a good chunk of money for him.

Juve sounds like a rather big club though?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Back in the days I wrote that I felt sorry for him (now I'm regretting that) and I hoped that he could get a second chance in United. But when put before the thought of him coming back it feels really weird and wrong. A move to another club somewhere else would be the best for everyone involved. People like me who thought about him as Mason the footballer not the private person has seen reason and all the things that came out is more then enough to see him sold and not back in United. Lets just hope we get a good chunk of money for him.

Juve sounds like a rather big club though?
The most recent update is that Juventus have not made an offer for Greenwood.

RedC

Intermittent explosive disorder (IED) is an impulse-control disorder characterized by sudden episodes of unwarranted anger. The disorder is typified by hostility, impulsivity, and recurrent aggressive outbursts. People with IED essentially “explode” into a rage despite a lack of apparent provocation or reason.

Feels like some people think Mental Health issues are only when your depressed. Then people will tell me that everything like mental health is just an excuse because they have no understanding of a person with mental health issues whilst i do since i have mood swings and bursts of anger too.

I'm okay with him having a second chance at United if he has gone through therapy and consultations both for his anger and his domestic abuse.

He is a very young person, I'm sure some of you have kids older than him and he can learn to turn that anger and abuse off for good.
Utd are under no obligation to employ someone that threatened to rape their girlfriend because it might have been due to a disorder, diagnosed by Dr. Internet.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
United are not going to be able to get a great deal for him with all things considered.

But rather than have add-ons which he will never meet or can easily be dodged by the buying club, I would just include a huge percentage if he is ever sold again.

Let someone have him for 25 million but include a 50% sell on fee.
Correct.

People were saying a few months ago that Real Madrid and Barca would be in for him based on a few decent performances for Getafe. That was never going to happen this summer.

Red00012

Obligation to buy works well enough, although doesn’t his contract only have one more year? How would that work if his contract expires in a year anyway?
We have a plus one on his contract. I’m sure there are T&C’s

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Threats of rape & beating his wife. We have no idea if he actually raped his partner or not - all we know was there was threats of raping her but actually abusing her at that time. Slightly different.
Threats of rape are vile abuse as well. It really shouldn't have to be said, especially as he was criminally charged.

Uncle Mainoo

How does obligation to buy help us in this transfer window. Genuine question as if selling him for £30-40m pure profit but the obligation is next season. Can we still put it on this years books.

If we can’t there is no point doing the deal. We don’t benefit. Sell Mctominay or Rashford and get a deal that is possible done.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
My post isn’t directed to you personally but more of a general response.

Ask yourself if you want to live in a world where we don’t give people a second chance?

Despite the mobile recording and all the awful things that’s on that tape we talk about a very young man who clearly needs help with anger management. I’m not defending him in any way, just so that is clear, but I defend his right to get a second chance without being publicly called names whenever a supporter wants to venting his anger or position himself on social media. Domestic violence is a complex problem where the public probably only see a fraction of what’s going on, both before and after any incident.

Football is Greenwood’s job and how he earns money. Where do we draw the line?

The legal system has closed the case.
Manchester United F.C has listened to the public opinion.
Supporters and others have aired theirs strong opinions clear on social media and everywhere it’s possible.

That’s ok even if I personally don’t like this new ‘canceling”culture. To move on we sooner or later have to ask ourselves when the condemning becomes counter productive? If former “prisoners” have no way back what’s the point to change and to become a better person?

As I wrote many months ago my youngest daughter was raped and a victim of domestic violence. My wife since 12 years was abused in her first marriage where her ex husband constantly used violence, didn’t participated in the household, refused to share common money and later tried to kill her by using a gun. Unfortunately Brazil don’t have the recourses to protect those who needs to be protected and their legal system is so corrupted that the chances to get some sort of justice is slim. I say this just so you hopefully understand that I don’t take domestic violence lightly, but if I disconnect my heart and use my head I realize that it’s more complicated than just get rid of the abuser.

Hopefully can young man or women who has committed domestic violence can get some counseling after they have service their punishment. Mason has a child together with the “victim”. As a father and grandfather who has been there and seen some of the the consequences I hope they all can manage to move on and find peace and happiness.

To keep on ‘punish’ him on internet over and over again doesn’t help him with his problems and it reduces his chances to take care of his family. I fully understand those of you who do this (on internet) but maybe we should ask ourself when it’s time to turn the page? There’s a young child who probably suffer from this tragedy, maybe we should calm down sometimes and think about our responsibility to him/her also?
Sorry for your troubles. Your post comes across as genuine. Your points about redemption are valid, too. It’s probably gone too far now to see him return to play here. But in the light of family reaction, reconciliation with partner, baby, and a decent loan spell, maybe suspending judgement might be wise.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Guys can we please stop bumping this thread to go round in circles over arguments that have already been had multiple times? We’ve all had our say. How about updating with news if there’s any. Otherwise let the thread die til the next update
Well said

Tomtattoo

I don't think this story is about forgiving or not. It's about business. As a new owner, would someone of you guys start with taking back the "public enemy" and risk the respect of fans immediately? The player who's hated by workers, supporters of the club? Would you risk this? Don't think so. Greenwood made some stupid mistakes so let's not absolve him of responsibility anyway.

GlazersHater

40M it's a good price for both parts, everyone knows he won't play here again and juve is getting a world class prospect for a discount fee.

Nickosaur

Please get help if you haven't already. Absolutely zero excuse for any of that behaviour.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Yeah, lets not get low balled here. I am sure we find someone for 40m, he still has world class potential