Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic | Factual updates only

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Others club are playing poker with us. Let's call their bluff by announcing we want Greenwood back. Train with us, play preseason games for us and start 1 or 2 games early in the season.

I'm sure there will be 50M offers coming in. I know this is a controversial take but we are not run by Arnold/Murtough anymore. We need to be good at selling players to maximise our profit and hence FFP.

I maintain that Greenwood is a 80M talent and selling him now for 40-50M is already a very reasonable price. No way we should accept 15M!
From what I gather he didn't perform at that level last season overall. Whether he can get back onto that trajectory to become a £100m+ level talent is still unknown, but the risks seem skewed to the downside. His valuation will forever be restricted by his past, even if he does really improve from here. The club's clearly struggling to get £30m+ for him, so no way he goes for anywhere near £50m.

Bondi77

Factual updates only??
It is a little bit strange to have this now when so many posts have been about personal opinions on the subject.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Others club are playing poker with us. Let's call their bluff by announcing we want Greenwood back. Train with us, play preseason games for us and start 1 or 2 games early in the season.

I'm sure there will be 50M offers coming in. I know this is a controversial take but we are not run by Arnold/Murtough anymore. We need to be good at selling players to maximise our profit and hence FFP.

I maintain that Greenwood is a 80M talent and selling him now for 40-50M is already a very reasonable price. No way we should accept 15M!
He should never play for the club again. If your idea was put into place, it would cause a massive distraction again and probably take everyone's attention away from more important things.

What's hilarious is that people genuinely thought Barca/Real Madrid/Bayern Munich would be going all out to sign him this summer. They're not going anywhere near him.

Then there's the likes of Juve, Lazio and Atletico Madrid. Even they're working out whether he's worth the fuss and in the case of Lazio and Atletico Madrid, probably thinking they can get better value for money elsewhere.

Maybe these clubs aren't playing poker with us. Maybe he's just not as good (yet) as people think he is.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Factual updates only??
It is a little bit strange to have this now when so many posts have been about personal opinions on the subject.

And almost 100 of them have been yours. If you haven't convinced us to keep the scrote by now, you're not going to.

And that applies to everyone. Both sides of this have been rolled out over and over. Everyone has had their say. There is nothing new to add to the allegations discussion. So let's just keep it to updates.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I think the big problem is his wages. The big clubs don't want him and the smaller ones don't want to mess with their current wage structure. It's very likely that Greenwood only gets offers outside of England and for clubs such as Fiorentina paying north of 100k/week isn't feasible.

The more time passes the more difficult it will get to sell him, imo. In the end i can see him going for 15 mil or less.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I think the big problem is his wages. The big clubs don't want him and the smaller ones don't want to mess with their current wage structure. It's very likely that Greenwood only gets offers outside of England and for clubs such as Fiorentina paying north of 100k/week isn't feasible.

The more time passes the more difficult it will get to sell him, imo. In the end i can see him going for 15 mil or less.
Let's hope that someone from the KSA is interested then

Bondi77

And almost 100 of them have been yours. If you haven't convinced us to keep the scrote by now, you're not going to.

And that applies to everyone. Both sides of this have been rolled out over and over. Everyone has had their say. There is nothing new to add to the allegations discussion. So let's just keep it to updates.
100??? ....What are you on?
I doubt if I have reached double figures on this topic.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
From what I gather he didn't perform at that level last season overall. Whether he can get back onto that trajectory to become a £100m+ level talent is still unknown, but the risks seem skewed to the downside. His valuation will forever be restricted by his past, even if he does really improve from here. The club's clearly struggling to get £30m+ for him, so no way he goes for anywhere near £50m.
I think he still performed to the level of a £50m potential player last season, so add into the baggage that comes with him £30-40m is a reasonable fee to expect from United. That being said, they maybe underestimating the discount needed to shift him, so probably think about trying to recoup that money on the next transfer - especially if he goes to Marseille. No chance he ends his career there and likely De Zerbi moves on too and potentially takes him with him.

valeron21

Hope we’re sensible enough to add a substantial sell on clause ! Can see him going to a Europa league team for 20 m doing well for a couple of years and then they flip him for 80 m to one of the big teams .

Teja

Given that Real Madrid and Barcelona are out, teams in Italy are skint, there is no way for him to return to the Premier League, the only club I can see forking out 40m and above is PSG or a Saudi club. And at the moment, I'm not sure how much are they worried about their public perception to bring a player with such a baggage.
We want 30M EUR by all accounts not pounds, so a club just needs to be capable of spending ~25M GBP + 25k p/w wages. Honestly not a lot.

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
Stop peddling this nonsense on the Caf. Some posters are already anxious about the outcome.
Sorry, I know it's not a factual update, but I AM anxious about whether he comes back.

I'm a rape victim and I will have to divorce the club I've loved for over 30 years. I'd have to stop watching football.

And I'll probably have to leave the Cafe, which has offered me amazing support over the last few years.

People spreading assumed predictions stress me out.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We want 30M EUR by all accounts not pounds, so a club just needs to be capable of spending ~25M GBP + 25k p/w wages. Honestly not a lot.
That is a lot to the teams that might be in the market for him though.

(factual update - check the facts on what they have spent in recent seasons)

Vidooq

Yeah, I agree with you 100%, I was referring more to the posters saying we should get 50m+ for him. Clearly, there is only one team that can do that, and it's PSG.