Mason Greenwood | Officially a Marseille player

Status
Not open for further replies.
What have the Spanish clubs said or done?

Getafe have proposed a permanent switch for 40m and Barcelona are apparently “determined” to sign him and are sending scouts every week, there’s also reports of Madrid being interested

Getafe do not have 40 million to pay for Greenwood (probably not even 30m if the 25% thing is true). The reports of Barcelona's interests come from England tabloids, not the Catalan press. There are no reports of Real Madrid being interested that I've seen, only reports from today that Atletico might want to sign him.

Some skepticism is warranted. The guy has three league goals, he hasn't set La Liga on fire.

Getafe do not have 40 million to pay for Greenwood (probably not even 30m if the 25% thing is true). The reports of Barcelona's interests come from England tabloids, not the Catalan press. There are no reports of Real Madrid being interested that I've seen, only reports from today that Atletico might want to sign him.

Some skepticism is warranted. The guy has three league goals, he hasn't set La Liga on fire.

Yup. We'll be lucky to get anywhere near £40m for him. Wouldn't shock me at all if it were 10-20m.

He's not that good. He's not that good because he is an arrogant psychopath. And we don't need more not that good forwards or more arrogant bellends who think they've made it. Sancho more than adequately covers those squad roles for us.

He drove drunk once, and when caught assaulted one of the officers. Other than that, his criminal record is squeaky clean.
....the irony!!!! So the measure of whether he was guilty or not, is based on whether he was convicted? You cant make this shit up.....

Yup. We'll be lucky to get anywhere near £40m for him. Wouldn't shock me at all if it were 10-20m.

He's not that good. He's not that good because he is an arrogant psychopath. And we don't need more not that good forwards or more arrogant bellends who think they've made it. Sancho more than adequately covers those squad roles for us.
Not that good, yet you want Sancho to stay. Still drunk from Christmas?

Putting aside everything he’s done, and the fact that his mrs has forgiven him, had a child with him and they’re now engaged.. I absolutely can’t stand all this weird posturing from the Spanish clubs who can’t believe their luck.. there’s absolutely no way he’d ever be sold to Barcelona if it wasn’t for this situation and they’re talking as if they’re doing us a favour.. I think it would be easier to swallow if the victim still cared.. but seeing as everyone involved seems to have moved on, being offended on their behalf seems like a waste of energy
What 'weird posturing' have you seen from Real, Barca and Atletico? I've only seen a couple of unconfirmed reports, from sources of varying quality, that the clubs are 'interested' in him.

No idea if the Getafe £40m rumour is true. No-one believes they have that money, so it likely isn't.

He drove drunk once, and when caught assaulted one of the officers. Other than that, his criminal record is squeaky clean.
Thats just an iceberg of what he did. You really missed a number of his crimes/alleged crimes and misdeeds there.

- beat up his wife several times (accused by his wife)
- beat up his girlfriends (more than 1 reportedly)
- arrested and charged with assault on a waitress, fractured her nose
- assault police officers after caught drink driving (arrested and sentenced to jail)
- indecently assaulted a young girl and hit a woman (he denied and case dropped)
- robbed a woman (he admitted)
- convicted of another drink driving offence
etc.

Considering he was serial offender, who knows what else he did which hasn’t got him caught.

Thats just an iceberg of what he did. You really missed a number of his crimes/alleged crimes and misdeeds there.

- assault police officers after caught drink driving (arrested and sentenced to jail)
- indecently assaulted a young girl and hit a woman (he denied and case dropped)
etc.

Considering he was serial offender, who knows what else he did which hasn’t got him caught.

....and thousands sing at OT "to go on the piss with Georgie Best"?

I for one quite frequently accidentally make the mistake of threatening to rape people who won't have sex with me on demand.
He did not rape anyone though. He said stupid shit but things seem to get back in order for them

Another one has obviously not seen the video or thinks threatening to rape is not a big deal.
He did not rape her and if someone says stulid shit, he might face some consequences but so would many other people too. To now have him banned forever because he said stupid shit is excessive to me

He did not rape her and if someone says stulid shit, he might face some consequences but so would many other people too. To now have him banned forever because he said stupid shit is excessive to me

If you think what he did was just "say stupid shit" you should hang your head in shame.

Don't allow your personal biases cloud your judgement on a player's ability. It makes you sound bitter and unreliable.

:lol: I don't question his ability at all, not do I question Sancho's. But you can never achieve if you don't care to improve and a personality like Greenwood will never realise his potential.

Garnacho will be twice the player with half the talent.

....the irony!!!! So the measure of whether he was guilty or not, is based on whether he was convicted? You cant make this shit up.....

etc.

I know that he did all this, everyone does. But, he is still presumed innocent of most of it in the eyes of the law, because he was never found guilty, which is the standard that keeps being repeated with Greenwood.

If you think what he did was just "say stupid shit" you should hang your head in shame.
And if you think that people who make mistakes should be punished for the rest of your life and deserves no 2nd chance, you have a near to perfect life hopefully

:lol: I don't question his ability at all, not do I question Sancho's. But you can never achieve if you don't care to improve and a personality like Greenwood will never realise his potential.

Garnacho will be twice the player with half the talent.
Greenwood and Sancho are incomparable. Greenwood actually produced great performances for this club. How do you know that Greenwood doesn't want to improve?

If all he did was said stupid shit, then that should be made clear.

At the very least the damning media we saw could be given context.

It'll take more than the club's kakhanded actions and vague statement to clear up what I've seen.

I'm beginning to think threatening to rape someone is perfectly acceptable banter with some of these posters. It's all jokes man, innit.

I know that he did all this, everyone does. But, he is still presumed innocent of most of it in the eyes of the law, because he was never found guilty, which is the standard that keeps being repeated with Greenwood.

Anyone with half a brain knew where you were going with that. Completely unsurprised by those that didn't, amused by the dude who thought it was a gotcha!!! though :lol:

Greenwood and Sancho are incomparable. Greenwood actually produced great performances for this club. How do you know that Greenwood doesn't want to improve?

You can want to improve without putting in the hard yards to do so. Part of improvement is about self reflection.

How when the past doesn’t change. So unless we are going to erase George Best from our past then we are hypocrites.

What are you trying to say here?

We have to forget how good Best and Greenwood were to condemn what we know of their behaviour?

Grrenwood was, in my opinion the best we've seen out of the Academy since Scholes/Giggs/Beckham, but only a sociopath would factor that into any ethical or moral decision.

Where is the hypocrisy exactly?

We have to forget how good Best and Greenwood were to condemn what we know of their behaviour?

It would seem he is saying that a player who last played for United 50 years ago probably committed physical domestic violence. Therefore, Greenwood's even more serious current behaviour can be ignored.

And how do you know that he isn't putting in the hard yards or is unwilling to do so?

We didn't see much improvement from him other than physically during his time in the first team, and if he can't even reflect on his crimes how's he supposed to reflect on his game? I don't see it with him, he always got the benefit of the doubt because of his talent previously but he doesn't need any fecking benefit of the doubt now. He's a little cnut and he will remain so.

You can't speak rationally about his performances because you don't like him as a person. Pointless conversation in that case.

I can speak entirely rationally about his performances, I was disappointed with his rate of progress before I knew what a turd he was, and now I know why his improvement was slow. It's because he's a little turd.

Fortunately or unfortunately, football is not just about football these days. Politics goes into it. It’s also the platform for human rights fighters. If you want to be heard, football is the best channel.

The bible says "Let them who are with out sin cast the first stone", everyone deserves a second chance, that said why would he want to turn down, Real, Barca or Munich for the UK.

Fortunately or unfortunately, football is not just about football these days. Politics goes into it. It’s also the platform for human rights fighters. If you want to be heard, football is the best channel.

Pesky human rights.

If all he did was said stupid shit, then that should be made clear.

At the very least the damning media we saw could be given context.

It'll take more than the club's kakhanded actions and vague statement to clear up what I've seen.
Most likely it was the wish of those involved. So why speculate or make final conclusions

Grrenwood was, in my opinion the best we've seen out of the Academy since Scholes/Giggs/Beckham, but only a sociopath would factor that into any ethical or moral decision.

What I’m really saying is, if you were on a Jamaican forum and asked the men on there if they participated in s*^** ****y 90% of them on a safe place internet forum would say no. However in reality 85% of that 90% are probably hypocrites. This is how I see this situation.

Take from that what you will.

What we know of their behaviour?

In terms of Mason, what we know is how the British press told us we should interpret a 20 second clip from a phone. What we actually know is that the police and CPS dropped all charges stating the was little chance of a conviction in other words, had the case gone to court they believe he would have been found not guilty. That is the one fact we know.

The bible says let them who are with out sin cast the first stone, so for you to make such interpretation I'm guessing you have never done a wrong thing in your life, we have lasw in this country which protect people even conviced criminals from persecution we also have laws that say a person is innocent until there guilt is proven beyond reasonable doubt yet you seem to be saying that it is morally wrong to give any one a second chance, and that it is morally and ethically fair to persecute someone who will never be given the chance to clear his name until the day he dies. Thankfully not everyone's moral compass is that immoral.

As for Best I'm old enough to have watched him regularly an he was brilliant and focused, until an injury followed by the long recovery process left him vulnerable sadly his agent, the club and his friendship circle didn't support him in the way players are usually supported today, he was let down and the marketing people sunk their teeth into him, turned his head to the bright lights and beautiful people, lifting him to celebrity status and what were celebrities expected to do in the 60s.

The bible says let them who are with out sin cast the first stone, so for you to make such interpretation I'm guessing you have never done a wrong thing in your life

It's fascinating to observe the increasingly insane takes this thread produces.

Status
Not open for further replies.