Mason Greenwood | Officially a Marseille player

Status
Not open for further replies.
I support the decision but, having read Crafton's new piece, the process looks like a complete clusterfeck, and the impression is of a club with no backbone that only made the right decision out of fear and panic.

As I said, I haven't seen anything like al the evidence, so I can't and won't. and neither have you. I can tell you, however, that the CPS don't drop charges for fun

So you can't come up with any possible reason? I didn't ask about the case, nor the charges.

Let's try something else then, and please don't think I'm attacking you btw I just want people to think about it:

In relation to the social media posts what do you think could have happened that, in Mason's own words, could he have done in his relationship that led to her posting those pictures and that audio?

In terms of the way its been handled, it would surely be a resignation matter for Arnold if he had been at another organisation.
Agree. Bloke needs to go for another round with the locals to fix this.

They certainly didn't think he was 100% innocent. They specifically said that Mason made mistakes, mistakes that he himself "takes responsibility for".
I think the mistake was getting himself into this situation in the first place.

How it feels to lose £100m of talent.

The team could badly use him, left footed attackers are an incredibly scarce breed at the moment, but this is the right decision for now.

To be honest they should've sent him on loan to Turkey or something, and then tried to sell him, we could've gotten some value that way. Not sure just giving him up is the best financial play, but then United has been a shit show when it comes to finances.

Greenwood is able to defend himself in public.
No he wasn't. He was charged with an extremely serious offence. The proceedings were sub rosa. He couldn't talk about them without being done for contempt. It would have been unwise to do so anyway and prejudice his defence. Nor was he able to examine witnesses in court. How exactly has he been able to defend himself against the allegations in the public sphere the last few years?

But they don't though, both Greenwood and United have said he HAS done something wrong. And there's no explanation, or likely ever to be (at least until Greenwood blabs or they split) for that evidence we've all seen and heard.

They both say he is innocent of the charges brought against him.
I didn't say he didn't do ANYTHING wrong, but what he did wrong they both say does not include, assault, rape, attempted rape, or violence towards his partner.

Higher standards in the UK?
In the case of Saudi definitely :D

I just think he's too toxic for a UK club now, it wouldn't be worth the hassle.

The media frenzy it would generate will put off clubs from signing him.

They certainly didn't think he was 100% innocent. They specifically said that Mason made mistakes, mistakes that he himself "takes responsibility for".
Club statement is purposefully so vague it's basically meaningless.

Any time I see the words "CANCELLED" or "WOKE" my first thought is to how old the poster must be...

Either that or they're just inspired by Donald Trump... who to be fair is a 14 year old in a 90 year old mans body.
Cognative decline post retirement.

This is what happens when you are leaderless behind the scenes, absolutely pathetic. Media pressure dictates what a multibillion pound company does.

fecking hell.

There’s images and video of him sexually assaulting a woman and as a result he’s been let go from the club. Thank feck for that and thank feck you’re nowhere near the decision.
Some of the comments in here man, I'm speechless.

Yeah very strange that. To me it reads exactly like he did nothing wrong but we're left with no choice but to move him on.

By commenting in that way, you're leaving the club open to being attacked anyway
It reads exactly like a statement written by our lawyers in conjunction with his lawyers. Pretty much what I'd expect to see when a club negotiates the termination of a contract.

I dont think the club had a choice in the end.

Even if the they won the majority of our fans over, he would have got abuse from beginning to end at every over other stadium. It would have been unmanagable for him and looked awful for the United brand.

All that aside, what an unbelievable waste of talent.

I hope for his new families sake he gets another chance somewhere else.
Shit storms blow over! It’d have been forgotten about in 6 months when he’s banging in the goals! Arnold wilted to the likes of Rachel O’Reilly and other members of Twitter! Pathetic really

I don’t understand what Arnold means by this sentence in his statement?

“Although we have decided that Mason will seek to rebuild his career away from Manchester United, that does not signal the end of this matter.”

Leaving the door open for a return? Or does it mean we still need to agree a transfer as we want a fee for him?

It reflects worse on him that he is still with the woman who basically ruined his life with false accusations. I can't understand how this is even a debate, if a man is not charged with a crime and convicted of said crime, it is not our job to make up our own opinion on that matter. This is cancel culture at it's finest.

No one ever said the accusations were false.

He ruined his own life by attempting to rape her and hit her. We all heard and saw the evidence.

Just because she made a u turn, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I wonder if people will be happy that both the victim that they were rooting for and the kid who was born after this will be punished also.

The issue with the whole "we only have a little sample, we don't have the full context of the tape" defense is that nobody has offered a plausible explanation of what else is on the tape and backed that explanation with a single shred of evidence.

Some of the comments here. I hope these people are banned.

Perfect representation of our society these days. You make a point I don’t agree with, banned. How about not having the spine of a jellyfish and learning how to argue with someone and coming to the outcome of agree to disagree. What a concept!

This is just a fan forum but some of the comments here are bit extreme.

In the end, United are a public-facing business that has to be attuned to the expectations of their customers and stakeholders. This is the right decision, even though I have no doubt whatsoever (without a shred of evidence to back it up, mind you) that the man regrets his actions and has profusely apologized privately to those who were directly impacted by his actions.

Well I'm pissed right off, some club is getting a top quality player, and it will be for peanuts...
I wanted him back in , but UTDs board have given in to peer pressure from other quarters..

I hope the boy goes on and plays his football abroad and scores shit load of goals , comes back as a visiting player in CL or Europa league or conference league and scores a Hattrick .... and i will cheer every fecking goal, I've followed this club since 8 yrs of age and I'm seriously thinking of feck it now .....
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.