Mason Greenwood | Officially a Marseille player

Status
Not open for further replies.
The withdrawal of key witnesses which you haven't highlighted is also a key statement. If witnesses do not provided that testimony, there is less chance of conviction.
but they mentioned both thgings - why would they do that if it was only the victim withdrawing her statement?

Its the right decision for purely practical reasons. Reintegrating a lad of his age with the negative attention he'd receive in England just wont be practical. And i'd be more confident if he wasnt still with the same woman, means you cant rule out another flare up in 2 years time since theyre obviously not in a healthy relationship. Loan with option to buy seems the right solution if we cant sell immediately.

He wasn't. The charges were dropped. Different thing altogether. There was no trial so no verdict.
So if there's no trial but he's presumed innocent before trial what do you think has happened to that presumption? Nothing. Legally he is innocent because he has not been proven to be guilty.

man utd have tied themselves up in knots unnecessarily. should have just said hes gone with immediate effect.

Oh well, I'm sure now the club have finally fecking made a decision that'll be the end of it, and we won't have some prat popping up in the match day thread at the weekend bemoaning the lack of the great martyred Mason.

United never even spoke to the victim. Really forensic investigation

Victim blaming. I’m impressed. How you can look away from those records and think its ok is beyond me.

I am not blaming her, I am talking about her decision to post it on social media but then not help the police investigation only to then have a baby with the person

As I said, I haven't seen anything like al the evidence, so I can't and won't. and neither have you. I can tell you, however, that the CPS don't drop charges for fun
No but they definitely drop cases where the only witness for the prosecution will go into it saying the thing you're trying to prove happened didn't happen.

Why is then the club saying this? Wouldn't the statement be much easier without it? They're basically siding with Greenwood. "Based on the evidence available to us, we have concluded that the material posted online did not provide a full picture and that Mason did not commit the offences in respect of which he was originally charged".

They're saying he's gone because the public made up their minds about him.

I don't understand this. Then again it's United, we're a shit show of a club.
read all the statement - they have seen some things which aren't in the public domain. plus the CPS said new material had come to light - again, which we haven't seen but maybe the club has

I just don’t get how the statement can amount to „we know he’s innocent but we won’t tell anyone why and we’re still getting rid just because.“
Who in their right mind sanctions a press release like that? This is sheer madness.

It was the only possible outcome. The backlash would have been immense.

He wasn't. The charges were dropped. Different thing altogether. There was no trial so no verdict.
Sorry, I misspoke:
He was not proven legally guilty.
The problem is I see that the verdict is issued here.

Same fans moaning about funds for transfer don’t understand how hard it is to allow a 100m asset leave for free.

it’s the correct decision ultimately, but not as black and white. We all know if he was talentless and worth nothing this would have been done the day after the recordings leaked.

We're getting a 50m credit from UEFA for moral reasons, applicable towards FFP. Don't fret

I just don’t get how the statement can amount to „we know he’s innocent but we won’t tell anyone why and we’re still getting rid just because.“
Who in their right mind sanctions a press release like that? This is sheer madness.
It’s utterly bizarre

The club is a shambles - absolute shit show at every level. Terrible decision IMO, we should be working with the player to rehabilitate him and reintegrate into society. Instead we have decided to Vilify him and declare him damaged goods regardless of the statement UTD put out. Really poor by UTD. Well at least Rachel Riley is still part of the club, cant wait for her to have some sort of marital crisis - do we brand her the same way??

Blame Adam Crafton

I dont think the club had a choice in the end.

Even if the they won the majority of our fans over, he would have got abuse from beginning to end at every other stadium. It would have been unmanagable for him and looked awful for the United brand.

All that aside, what an unbelievable waste of talent.

I hope for his new families sake he gets another chance somewhere else.

No but they definitely drop cases where the only witness for the prosecution will go into it saying the thing you're trying to prove happened didn't happen.
But they said both things were the reason for the decision. Why would they do that if it was only the witness refusing to testify?

He’s not guilty of what he was charged with.

They could think he’s guilty of other offences.

I mean, I don’t like any of this situation and the club have handled it absolutely shockingly, but that open letter from Arnold specifically states that they have determined he did not do what he was accused of doing.

If there's other evidence that proves he's not guilty of what he was accused of, why would he/the girl/her family/the club/anyone not just come out and say what it is and try to explain the situation? Glad he's gone btw.

He’s not guilty of what he was charged with.

They could think he’s guilty of other offences.

They certainly didn't think he was 100% innocent. They specifically said that Mason made mistakes, mistakes that he himself "takes responsibility for".

You don't know what the new material is, could be a different statement etc. No body is going to know what that is.
That's my point - but it was enough for the CPS to mention it so it must have a bearing

Status
Not open for further replies.