Mason Greenwood | Officially a Marseille player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah - why'd he get one and not the other fella?

I think further back in the back and forth he did get a warning.

Having said that I don’t get why either of them got a warning. Rhyme animal was playing his usual game of trying to claim the moral high ground and that actually the ones who don’t like the guy who threatened to rape someone are the real misogynists. But I don’t see anything in his post that deserved a warning, and I certainly don’t think Trequarista deserved a warning for his post.

I understand that this is a really hard thread to moderate, I think they’ve done a really good job at maintaining this thread, and like Notthatsoph, I never really wade into mod decisions, certainly I’ve never complained about a warning or someone getting a warning before (hell in the past in other topics I think I deserved some warnings but the mods were kindly lenient to me) but in a thread where Rood liked a post from someone who was blatantly victim blaming the woman who Greenwood threatened, I don’t really see why Trequarista and Rhyme animal (even if I think RA’s posts have been constantly awful on this topic) got warned.

I wasn't justifying that opinion.

I wasn't sympathetic to that opinion.

I wasn't 'waffling around the point', I was discussing other points (the link being OTHER ways in which money influences events). But, given I did quote into your existing conversation, I do recognise the source of your confusion. I hadn't realised that was what made you think I was saying something different to what I actually said.

To explain then. I listed 5 or 6 possible ways money influences these kind of cases. Obviously, one of those ways is that there is a temptation to stay with a partner for financial reasons. It'd be silly to ignore that. I made no comment about HOW likely it is in this case. If you want me to estimate a probability, I'd say somewhere between 1% and 99%, but that it's more likely a victim would stay with an abuser if the abuser is wealthy than if they weren't wealthy. How much more likely? Well, if I had to estimate a probability, I'd say somewhere between 1% and 99%.

You've spouted off insults repeatedly because you WANT to think I'm speaking in definitive terms or making direct accusations or judgements.

You've accused me of being misogynistic, when gender has nothing to do with anything I've said.

You've accused me other ridiculous things I can't even begin to fathom how you've reached that conclusion.

I'm happy to keep explaining your misunderstandings to you, but by no means is this a debate. If you throw stupid insults at people because you have misinterpreted their posts due to your own emotional volatility and prejudice, then that person is obviously going to defend themselves. Be grateful I'm in a chilled mood, otherwise your spiteful and misguided insults would have prompted a more forthright response, rather than a calm explanation of how you're wrong.

Take back the petty, misguided, unfounded insults you have been throwing around. I know it's the internet and all, but you could admit you were wrong when you so evidently are. And you know you have made a mistake really. Its OK. Assumptions make an ass out of you and me, as they say. Except in this case, your assumptions only made as ass out of you.

I think you’ve made some great points in this argument and I’m sorry to see you’ve got a warning.

Bring him back and rename him to Grayson Redwood. Get rid of Antony and pretend that nothing happened the past 2 years ;)

It’s also weird how some of the posters who complained about people talking about how others talking about Greenwood’s off the field behaviour, was stopping them from talking about how he was doing footballing wise at Getafe, have yet to post a single time in his performance thread.

Obviously not all, the ones who did have a genuine interest in his footballing side have been posting in his football thread, but the ones who complained and haven’t posted in the footballing thread, makes me think they just didn’t want people to talk about the bad stuff

It’s also weird how some of the posters who complained about people talking about how others talking about Greenwood’s off the field behaviour, was stopping them from talking about how he was doing footballing wise at Getafe, have yet to post a single time in his performance thread.

Obviously not all, the ones who did have a genuine interest in his footballing side have been posting in his football thread, but the ones who complained and haven’t posted in the footballing thread, makes me think they just didn’t want people to talk about the bad stuff
The mistake you make is assuming it's only the active posters looking at that thread...

I’m not sure what you mean?
I guess his point is that there will be some people who wanted that thread that are happy to just check up on how Greenwood is doing without having to post in the thread themselves.

I guess his point is that there will be some people who wanted that thread that are happy to just check up on how Greenwood is doing without having to post in the thread themselves.

Gotcha, cheers for clarifying!

I disagree with Afro’s point there though, as the posters I’m talking about were actively posting in this thread about Greenwood, and some of them specifically stated that they wanted to discuss how he was playing. I’m not talking about Afro when I made that comment (or other posters that weren’t very active in this thread/or were active in this thread but wanted to talk about his footballing performances) and posters like Raoul, where it was clear they earnestly did want to discuss his football performances. I’m talking about posters who were active in this thread complaining that those talking about Greenwood through the prism of his off the field behaviour were getting in the way of discussing his football performances. There’s a few of them who made the point repeatedly that they wanted to talk about Greenwood and only in footballing terms, who have yet to post once in his Getafe thread. One of the less active posters in this thread said I should go and create a thread in the general about domestic violence if I wanted to talk about him in non footballing terms, and leave the thread to those like him who ‘want to discuss his performances at Getafe’. He hasn’t made a single post in the Getafe thread.

For the posters I’m talking about, it’s clear that they were never bothered about discussing his footballing performances. They just didn’t want people to talk about what he did.

Gotcha, cheers for clarifying!

I disagree with Afro’s point there though, as the posters I’m talking about were actively posting in this thread about Greenwood, and some of them specifically stated that they wanted to discuss how he was playing. I’m not talking about Afro when I made that comment (or other posters that weren’t very active in this thread/or were active in this thread but wanted to talk about his footballing performances) and posters like Raoul, where it was clear they earnestly did want to discuss his football performances. I’m talking about posters who were active in this thread complaining that those talking about Greenwood through the prism of his off the field behaviour were getting in the way of discussing his football performances. There’s a few of them who made the point repeatedly that they wanted to talk about Greenwood and only in footballing terms, who have yet to post once in his Getafe thread. One of the less active posters in this thread said I should go and create a thread in the general about domestic violence if I wanted to talk about him in non footballing terms, and leave the thread to those like him who ‘want to discuss his performances at Getafe’. He hasn’t made a single post in the Getafe thread.

For the posters I’m talking about, it’s clear that they were never bothered about discussing his footballing performances. They just didn’t want people to talk about what he did.

I was one of the posters who multiple times asked for the thread to be open and if I can watch a Getafe match I'll post in there if I can, as I have already done. The fear was that a loan thread would descend into chaos and attract idots from both sides, however, the thread has been pretty civil with the majority discussing his performances.

Your post however is an example of wanting to still rage at something, so you pluck out of the air that "some users" who wanted the loan thread open are not posting discussing his performances in there and that is proof that their intentions according to you was bad faith blah blah blah....when in reality there are posters, like me, and others who wanted it open and have discussed his performances in there. Is it the most active thread no, is it the least active thread no. So instead of trying to still rage, maybe you should focus on something else.

Is it the most active thread no, is it the least active thread no.

That’s a surprise:eek: Also reread my post, I specifically stated that I was talking about those who hadn’t posted in his performance thread. So why are you raging?

The only ones who have been raging in this thread are the ones who were crying that people had the gall to discuss Greenwood (at the very best) threatening to rape his partner, or discuss the pictures she uploaded of her battered face.

It's clear what you meant, good post.
Normally I don't care about mod stuff, but this is one of the most insane warnings I've ever seen.
I think you’ve made some great points in this argument and I’m sorry to see you’ve got a warning.

Thanks.

Maybe @SilentWitness would be kind enough to reconsider. Absolutely baffling considering I was merely explaining why somebody's persistent, unfounded, misinformed accusations about me were wrong. And yet the individual in question, who started throwing insults around and kept going when their misunderstanding was explained, didn't recieve any warning, and wasn't mature enough to apologise. I suspect that the pathetic individual even reported me themselves because someone had the audacity to...defend themselves against their outrageous accusations???

"Mummy, mummy please help me, I threw around unfounded accusations at people and they defended themselves please Mummy tell them off Mummy I'm such a good person not like them"

Thanks.

Maybe @SilentWitness would be kind enough to reconsider. Absolutely baffling considering I was merely explaining why somebody's persistent, unfounded, misinformed accusations about me were wrong. And yet the individual in question, who started throwing insults around and kept going when their misunderstanding was explained, didn't recieve any warning, and wasn't mature enough to apologise. I suspect that the pathetic individual even reported me themselves because someone had the audacity to...defend themselves against their outrageous accusations???

"Mummy, mummy please help me, I threw around unfounded accusations at people and they defended themselves please Mummy tell them off Mummy I'm such a good person not like them"
To be fair to SW, both you and Random Task received warnings.

Can someone please change the title? I have to check twice to see which thread I am in, because I am interested to follow just performance thread.

"Non-player" - what does that even mean?

Why would he want to come back anyway? If things go well for him there he may stay in the continent. Enjoying the weather and decreased spotlight. Maybe he's matured and things are going pretty well off the pitch..... Coming back could end up being a nightmare.

He has shown stones that much is clear (recovering so well), so maybe he could front it out... but would you want to?

I think he comes back, the second backlash is never as effective as the first.
Unfortunately

Why would he want to come back anyway? If things go well for him there he may stay in the continent. Enjoying the weather and decreased spotlight. Maybe he's matured and things are going pretty well off the pitch..... Coming back could end up being a nightmare.

He has shown stones that much is clear (recovering so well), so maybe he could front it out... but would you want to?

I am beginning to think that may be the case. Say he continues to do well and does sign for a "bigger club". He may well do well for that club with the bigger stature, I.e Barcelona.

The next interesting move will be his choice of whom he plays for internationally. You can bet there will be supporters calling for him to picked for England (depending on their current form and who the coach may be).

What you then have is the chain of events whereby Manchester United will look like the club that failed to go with the courage of their convictions and stand by their player in spite of concluding during their investigation of finding him not guilty of the incidents of which he was accused.

They were dissuaded by online reaction, Crafton and the bad faith personality Riley.

All in all, they will look like a weak club, which at present they are.

The new sporting operation will have to address this issue with decisiveness and good communication with all parties.

Agreed. If he's smart or has wise advisors, he won't come back. Short of his gf admitting she made the entire thing up, he will be crucified by the English fans and the media. Move to top 4 Spanish club where you can live your life in relative peace and quiet, get CL football relatively every year, and still get paid top dollar.

Agreed. If he's smart or has wise advisors, he won't come back. Short of his gf admitting she made the entire thing up, he will be crucified by the English fans and the media. Move to top 4 Spanish club where you can live your life in relative peace and quiet, get CL football relatively every year, and still get paid top dollar.

It would be the smart thing for his family and career.

I don’t see him coming back. The club fear a backlash, he and his partner probably fear the backlash, and he’s seeming to enjoy himself and is settled in Spain. Why come back? I wouldn’t regardless of how much I love the club - the English press will make his life hell. As will opposition fans. Best we can hope is he continues to flourish and we get a good fee for him. Such a shame because we could do with Mason Greenwood right now.

Agree with those saying for the player why potentially experience all the backlash etc when you could likely move to a big club outside of europe with, as its looking now, no backlash at all.

The only potential reason I could see is for him and his partner to be back in Manchester where I imagine their families will be and especially with a new born they might view the backlash as a price to pay to continue his career in Manchester.

Players don't usually reach the highest level so they could live somewhere warm. Unless he gets an offer from Barca or Madrid, he will want to come back.

We tried to sign Marcos Alonso, but we cant have Greenwood playing for us? Makes zero sense.

That is the media for you. Because it was Manchester United, the Athletic really honed in on this case. They took that stance relatively early on.

I don’t see him coming back. The club fear a backlash, he and his partner probably fear the backlash, and he’s seeming to enjoy himself and is settled in Spain. Why come back? I wouldn’t regardless of how much I love the club - the English press will make his life hell. As will opposition fans. Best we can hope is he continues to flourish and we get a good fee for him. Such a shame because we could do with Mason Greenwood right now.

Who cares about the english press - they made Beckhams life a living hell for incorrectly being sent off in the world cup. As for a backlash in taking him back - in what way can that backlash make the situation at the club any worse than it is ? If we take Greenwood back and he scores the winner against Liverpool, 99% of our fans can live with it.

Who cares about the english press - they made Beckhams life a living hell for incorrectly being sent off in the world cup. As for a backlash in taking him back - in what way can that backlash make the situation at the club any worse than it is ? If we take Greenwood back and he scores the winner against Liverpool, 99% of our fans can live with it.

Under Sir Alex they would not have done. Goes back to that lack of leadership issue.

Agree with those saying for the player why potentially experience all the backlash etc when you could likely move to a big club outside of europe with, as its looking now, no backlash at all.

The only potential reason I could see is for him and his partner to be back in Manchester where I imagine their families will be and especially with a new born they might view the backlash as a price to pay to continue his career in Manchester.
I honestly don't see what backlash he could get now seeing that he would have played a year in the Spanish top league. It's not actually caused the league to spontaneously combust. Getafe's moral integrity is not being called into question every week either, is it? If he's that bad a person, or committed so bad a crime, he should be banished from the sport...period. If he's good enough to play for Getafe, he's good enough to play for Manchester United. Most of the fans slamming him are constantly peppering all his threads when by the way they talk, you'd think they'd want nothing to do with him.

Manchester United could have handled things differently in just keeping things purely football whilst acknowledging the noise around him. I guarantee you that after his first screamer, the noise would die down. All we need are strong owners to stick by their guns.

We tried to sign Marcos Alonso, but we cant have Greenwood playing for us? Makes zero sense.
It's really not hard to understand.

Alonso went to court or at least reached a settlement with the families for what he did. Greenwood still publicly states that he didn't do it.

Alonso went to court or at least reached a settlement with the families for what he did. Greenwood still publicly states that he didn't do it.
So what you’re after really is lip service?

What Alonso did is fine with you because he ‘reached a settlement with the families’. Well Greenwood has just had a baby with his girlfriend so I think that’s some form of settlement for them.

What’s really not hard to understand is that you don’t care about criminality at all.

What Alonso did is fine with you because he ‘reached a settlement with the families’. Well Greenwood has just had a baby with his girlfriend so I think that’s some form of settlement for them.

What’s really not hard to understand is that you don’t care about criminality at all.
I want him to either show remorse or receive some sort of punishment for what he did and threatened to do. Ideally he would've went to trial but that obviously didn't happen.

Not stay quiet for 18 months while getting paid, then come out and deny it and move to Spain for a year before coming back like nothing ever happened.

Agree. Nice sunny beach, better food. Generally the media would leave him alone except some from Madrid if he signs for Barca. But he'd be defended by the Barca ones. And vice versa.

The media and opposition fans in England would have a field day if he ever comes back. Even some of our own fans. They regularly get CL football and always in the title chase. Liga is also less physical than the PL. Where United atm are just a big mess and a fecking laughing stock. He'd be an idiot to come back if Madrid or Barca actually want him.

I want him to either show remorse or receive some sort of punishment for what he did and threatened to do. Ideally he would've went to trial but that obviously didn't happen.

Not stay quiet for 18 months while getting paid, then come out and deny it and move to Spain for a year before coming back like nothing ever happened.
Well said.

Eh?! What do you mean by this?!

"No it shouldn’t. It should be in any discussion about Greenwood. To have a thread only discussing his performances is to excuse the reason he is no longer welcome at the club or in the PL in the first place. It’s ignorant. We all knew he was a mega talent and discussing just that aspect of him is pointless when trying to have a reasoned debate. feck that. " Massive Spanner.

I have copied and pasted what you have wrote here, because it clearly well off football matters.

Seen as you have got into this.

Let me ask why is he "no longer welcome at either the club or the PL" in which the division is based in the country of his birth. He does not have a criminal conviction and he has not committed a terrorist atrocity or joined an organisation such as ISIS or Al Qaeda, which could be an act where he would be declared "Stateless"

He is free to play where opportunity serves him and to his choice.

Using this logic, I wonder who’s family feels worse…

The family who had their daughter killed by Marcus Alonso drunk driving, and then saw him receive no punishment, or the one who are regularly pictured in happy, family photos with the man who’s the father of their grandchild…?

Regarding your 2nd post, he has apologised for behaving poorly but has also remained insistent that he is innocent of the charges that were dropped - it’s important to remember that it’s entirely possible that he spoke in a disgusting manner, but didn’t actually commit any offence beyond that.

Indeed, going by the CPS, Man Utd’s statement and the behaviour of the family it would seem most likely that that is what happened.

The family who had their daughter killed by Marcus Alonso drunk driving, and then saw him receive no punishment, or the one who are regularly pictured in happy, family photos with the man who’s the father of their grandchild…?

Regarding your 2nd post, he has apologised for behaving poorly but has also remained insistent that he is innocent of the charges that were dropped - it’s important to remember that it’s entirely possible that he spoke in a disgusting manner, but didn’t actually commit any offence beyond that.

Indeed, going by the CPS, Man Utd’s statement and the behaviour of the family it would seem most likely that that is what happened.
So do you think that his girlfriend lied about him beating her then?

Of course the families in Alonso's case feel worse, what's your point?

When did she say that he did that? And what were her actual words?
I'm not doing this with you. You're a longtime, contratian wum who pops up with a hot take, argues for a bit and then wanders off when you're shown up for what you are.

I'm not doing this with you. You're a longtime, contratian wum who pops up with a hot take, argues for a bit and then wanders off when you're shown up for what you are.

I’m just responding to what you posted. Nothing about my post is ‘contrarian’ or a ‘hot take’. People holding a different opinion to yourself doesn’t make that so.

Answer the question.

So I can go out, get drunk, drive a car, kill your family member & so long as I say ‘sorry’ we’re good.

As you say it didn’t go to trial, so what ‘punishment’ other than being removed from club duties for 18 months do you want? His employer literally can’t do anything else so I’m not sure why you think you’re entitled to more.

As for moving to Spain for a year. He was set to come back into the squad, him moving to Spain is as a result of media reaction.

What you’re asking is for him to incriminate himself for something we all don’t have the full details of. What we heard was terrible but you’re not asking for anything realistic.
Eh?! What do you mean by this?!
. . .
. . .
You’d need to bring nuance to the discussion instead of being deliberately obtuse here.

I’m not doing this with you today. Jog on.

Status
Not open for further replies.