Mason Greenwood | Officially a Marseille player

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just responding to what you posted. Answer the question.
Something along the lines of 'Here's what Mason does to me'. Now you'll likely say 'well where's the actual accusation?' as though it's some sort of gotcha. Which is why I'm not doing this with you. As I said, you have a certain reputation and you'll evaporate like piss on hot tarmac when your argument starts circling the drain.

So I can go out, get drunk, drive a car, kill your family member & so long as I say ‘sorry’ we’re good.

As you say it didn’t go to trial, so what ‘punishment’ other than being removed from club duties for 18 months do you want? His employer literally can’t do anything else so I’m not sure why you think you’re entitled to more.

As for moving to Spain for a year. He was set to come back into the squad, him moving to Spain is as a result of media reaction.

What you’re asking is for him to incriminate himself for something we all don’t have the full details of. What we heard was terrible but you’re not asking for anything realistic.

. . .

. . .

You’d need to bring nuance to the discussion instead of being deliberately obtuse here.

I’m not doing this with you today. Jog on.
So are you saying that a child is currency with which to settle a dispute? Because she/her family were so desperate for his baby?

It's really not hard to understand.

Alonso went to court or at least reached a settlement with the families for what he did. Greenwood still publicly states that he didn't do it.

He was under investigation, the alleged victim withdrew and they are back together. He didnt murder anyone either

He was under investigation, the alleged victim withdrew and they are back together. He didnt murder anyone either
Alonso is a scumbag for putting lives at risk by drink driving, you'll never see me say otherwise. But he didn't intend to kill anyone.

Greenwood knew exactly what he was doing when he beat up and threatened to rape his girlfriend.

Of course the families in Alonso's case feel worse, what's your point?

The point is that you stated ‘Alonso went to court and reached a settlement’ with the family of the woman he killed, as though to state that this made it easier to ‘forgive’ him, vs Greenwood who was recorded talking in a horrible manner.

Greenwood COULDN’T go to court as every charge was dropped.

So it seems very harsh to hold that against him and in favour of Marcus fecking Alonso.

Greenwood’s case isn’t remotely comparable to that of someone who’s actually killed another person.

It’s far more similar to RvP, Ronaldo or Jonny Evans’ cases.

Last edited:
Alonso is a scumbag for putting lives at risk by drink driving, you'll never see me say otherwise. But he didn't intend to kill anyone.

Greenwood knew exactly what he was doing when he beat up and threatened to rape his girlfriend.

I dont disagree its scummy at the highest order. But where do we draw the line? Ronaldo could play for us. Butt could play and coach our youth. We tried to sign Alonso. Giggs was a player and a manager. Having wife beaters and rapists playing for us aint nothing new.

expand...
"Please focus on performances here as opposed to using it to rationalize the player's unrelated, horrendous behaviour." Pickle85

No it shouldn’t. It should be in any discussion about Greenwood. To have a thread only discussing his performances is to excuse the reason he is no longer welcome at the club or in the PL in the first place. It’s ignorant. We all knew he was a mega talent and discussing just that aspect of him is pointless when trying to have a reasoned debate. feck that.

I have replied to the above quote in the other discussion. I acknowledge it was not you who posted that, but I have made regular contributions to this discussion in relation to football matters.

I also acknowledge you can't tolerate the man, but at least give me some courtesy where you can make the request people who have the same stand point as yourself.

I recall a discussion with you in the past where we exchanged opinions and came to an understanding although you said "I do not think we will agree but, I can see where you are coming from."

I am disappointed in remark as comes across as backhanded.

Who cares about the english press - they made Beckhams life a living hell for incorrectly being sent off in the world cup. As for a backlash in taking him back - in what way can that backlash make the situation at the club any worse than it is ? If we take Greenwood back and he scores the winner against Liverpool, 99% of our fans can live with it.
If the press make him and his partners life a living hell....which they will, you know they will, then he won't be at his best and then us fans will be on his back for not performing.

Why would he want to come back anyway? If things go well for him there he may stay in the continent. Enjoying the weather and decreased spotlight. Maybe he's matured and things are going pretty well off the pitch..... Coming back could end up being a nightmare.

He has shown stones that much is clear (recovering so well), so maybe he could front it out... but would you want to?

as a footballer, playing for Manchester United is more fulfilling than playing for Getafe

I want him to either show remorse or receive some sort of punishment for what he did and threatened to do. Ideally he would've went to trial but that obviously didn't happen.

Not stay quiet for 18 months while getting paid, then come out and deny it and move to Spain for a year before coming back like nothing ever happened.

How does this make any sense at all though?

Take everything that's happened, whatever your opinion on the original news, the investigation, case collapsing and so on, to this point right now, what is he supposed to show remorse for?

Even if things had worked out differently, who should be be showing remorse to?

How does this make any sense at all though?

Take everything that's happened, whatever your opinion on the original news, the investigation, case collapsing and so on, to this point right now, what is he supposed to show remorse for?

Even if things had worked out differently, who should be be showing remorse to?

So you are telling everyone who believes in second chances to do one...right?

So you are telling everyone who believes in second chances to do one...right?

How did you get that from my post?

All I am asking is what the logic behind someone showing remorse for something they say they haven't done nor has anyone proved otherwise.

I dont disagree its scummy at the highest order. But where do we draw the line? Ronaldo could play for us. Butt could play and coach our youth. We tried to sign Alonso. Giggs was a player and a manager. Having wife beaters and rapists playing for us aint nothing new.
Ronaldo should never have been brought back.

Giggs wasn't a player or manager here after his domestic abuse allegations came out. Although I do think he was guest of honour for a match which was a shitc**t move by the club.

I don't know the timeline for the Butt case but was he at the club when it happened? And did he continue to work here if so?

Just because scumbags played for the club before doesn't mean we should be fine with it happening again.

All I am asking is what the logic behind someone showing remorse for something they say they haven't done nor has anyone proved otherwise.
I'm sure you've heard the audio by now, if you still try to defend that or cast doubt over it then discussing anything with you is pointless.

I'm sure you've heard the audio by now, if you still try to defend that or cast doubt over it then discussing anything with you is pointless.

Yeh, it's probably pointless. We've all gone over it and nobody is changing their mind. I don't think my own personal opinion is any better or worse than yours on this which is why I suggested looking at the facts as we stand today, and how showing remorse makes sense in that context.

Giggs wasn't a player or manager here after his domestic abuse allegations came out. Although I do think he was guest of honour for a match which was a shitc**t move by the club.

I don't know the timeline for the Butt case but was he at the club when it happened? And did he continue to work here if so?

Just because scumbags played for the club before doesn't mean we should be fine with it happening again.
If I remember correctly butt lost his job in the academy then shortly afterwards was in court. I suspect the club did the right thing but just quietly

Because a lot of people who are in that thread want him back because of vague notions of "second chances". How can you have a second chance, if you are innocent in the first place?

You speak of logic, but think about it. Greenwood has never said he did anything other than "making mistakes", no answer has been given for the actual evidence released out there. You are fine to think he hasn't done anything, that's up to you.

But that puts you at odds with all those asking for second chances and the even more ridiculous random idea of "forgiveness". No?

The question is more, where do we start to draw a line?

Everything has to start somewhere. I'd say visual and audio proof, something we've never had before, is a pretty decent start.

If I remember correctly butt lost his job in the academy then shortly afterwards was in court. I suspect the club did the right thing but just quietly

I thought it was more related to the Glazers and their Super League attempt along with Woodward leaving but only to be replaced by Arnold.

Butt probably would have known about the Glazers attempt to construct the Super League, behind the scenes.

I remember listening to Andy Mitten on the podcast and he would not go into the full reasons why, but it was related to how the club was being run.

We signed Ronaldo after the stuff with him, but 6 months later we suspend Greenwood but keep on playing Ronaldo.

And yes we kept Butt, we even gave him a job with the youths after he beat his wife. He worked with us for two more years after it.

If all of that is ok, why aint Greenwood? Social media?

I thought it was more related to the Glazers and their Super League attempt along with Woodward leaving but only to be replaced by Arnold.

Butt probably would have known about the Glazers attempt to construct the Super League, behind the scenes.

I remember listening to Andy Mitten on the podcast and he would not go into the full reasons why, but it was related to how the club was being run.

Butt lost his job or went from his job two years later. He was first charged in 2019. He left the job in 2021. He had agreed to the charges in 2019

We signed Ronaldo after the stuff with him, but 6 months later we suspend Greenwood but keep on playing Ronaldo.

And yes we kept Butt, we even gave him a job with the youths after he beat his wife. He worked with us for two more years after it.

Because of the recordings that everyone has heard and the pics that everyone has seen.

None of it should be OK but the Greenwood one obviously got more attention because of the audio tape and the video of his girlfriend's injuries.

@Redlambs

Fair enough, makes sense now.

Tbh I think I'm at odds with most on this. I took the "I'm not informed enough" option, possibly a cop out and relied on others to come to a conclusion for me. From that I see no need for second chances or for remorse. Nor do I agree with the punishment of being forced out of United, but at this time, thats not on a permanent basis and thanks to the clubs dithering, they'll have a decision to make in the summer where they could have just dealt with it one way or the other last summer.

@Redlambs

Fair enough, makes sense now.

Tbh I think I'm at odds with most on this. I took the "I'm not informed enough" option, possibly a cop out and relied on others to come to a conclusion for me. From that I see no need for second chances or for remorse. Nor do I agree with the punishment of being forced out of United, but at this time, thats not on a permanent basis and thanks to the clubs dithering, they'll have a decision to make in the summer where they could have just dealt with it one way or the other last summer.

I respect an honest opinion mate.

Butt lost his job or went from his job two years later. He was first charged in 2019. He left the job in 2021. He had agreed to the charges in 2019

He was given a warning for criminal damage in 2020 but didn't admit to anything else. Argument with his estranged wife resulted in him smashing her phone and her getting a small cut on her hand is the story I heard.

Even then it was the beginning of the end for him at United.

Bring him back. We're hated anyway. Mason Greenwood coming back will make feck all difference.

Lose the righteousness - would City do the same with their own Foden? Would Liverpool with their own Alexander Arnold? Would Arsenal with their own Saka? Like feck they would. Why should we bend over to the media's agenda? Oh no, we might lose Rachel fecking Riley as a follower on Twitter. In what world are the media the judge, jury and executioner? feck the lot of them.

Bring him back. We're hated anyway. Mason Greenwood coming back will make feck all difference.

Lose the righteousness - would City do the same with their own Foden? Would Liverpool with their own Alexander Arnold? Would Arsenal with their own Saka? Like feck they would. Why should we bend over to the media's agenda? Oh no, we might lose Rachel fecking Riley as a follower on Twitter. In what world are the media the judge, jury and executioner? feck the lot of them.
We don't have righteousness, just the correct morals.

We don't have righteousness, just the correct morals.

Based on unsubstantiated propaganda, that has no contextual standing? At the end of the day, no charges were laid. Morality based on an opinion is a joke, if I am being honest. We're bending over to the media's agenda. As usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.