Martial exit?

Kane is not unrealistic, with him saying he’s only signing for £500-600k per week that makes the whole subject that much easier for United to negotiate especially on a free, Fans forget we paid Christiano and Alex Sanches those level of wages, only City, united, Newcastle and maybe Chelsea can pay Kane those wages and Bayern definitely won’t no chance, there look at Muyani now!

Kane isn’t free until next summer.

This summer he’d cost £120m at absolute minimum, which frankly isn’t happening.

Don't think any of them happened but I get your general point.

He's had some very good moments here, but overall he's been a huge disappointment. That first season especially, I thought we had a special talent.
He definitely scored the last minute winner against Spurs. I also remember the assist to Pogba because that was one of the goals and games that kept Mourinho in the job at the time. But yes it’s hard to argue that he hasn’t been a massive disappointment relative to his talent. His first season was brilliant and he’s had flashes of top level performances through the years but for one reason or another has never capitalised on them. I do disagree though with the revision I’m that he’s always been crap I’d never had good moments here though as that’s false.

He definitely scored the last minute winner against Spurs. I also remember the assist to Pogba because that was one of the goals and games that kept Mourinho in the job at the time. But yes it’s hard to argue that he hasn’t been a massive disappointment relative to his talent. His first season was brilliant and he’s had flashes of top level performances through the years but for one reason or another has never capitalised on them. I do disagree though with the revision I’m that he’s always been crap I’d never had good moments here though as that’s false.
He’s one of those players, like Sancho, who doesn’t have good games, instead he has good moments in some games which make people believe he can be a great player. These players never develop past that unfortunately, they can obviously play a part but they’ll never be the player people think they can be.

Martial scored the equalizer from Pogba's assist, and Sanchez scored the winner.

His best contribution to United was in the FA Cup win where he was really good, especially in the QF and the semi-final. He did look brilliant in 19/20 and was the most all-around striker we've had since RVP. Don't really understand the dip in performances that happened right afterwards but the injuries ensured he would never get back to that level.

When he first joined I gave him the benefit of the doubt - maybe he's like Berbatov? But nah.. his energy is exhausting to watch. It's so strange because if he had the fire that Weghurst has he'd be 10x the player. It's just so dam weird that he never.. and I mean never really went for it. Mourinho has analyzed “Pogba and Martial” long time ago, but Ed Woodward believed he knew football better. I sincerely hope Martial leaves this summer.

This means we are buying two strikers, maybe one number 9 and one inverted left winger?

Don’t understand this need for another LW/LF - it’s probably our strongest area of the squad as we have 3 quality options there already even after Martial leaves.

If we sell Martial, I predict we go for Hojland and then loan a no.9 for the season but it will be someone really unexpected as per.

The Kane situation throws things open though.

This means we are buying two strikers, maybe one number 9 and one inverted left winger?

Laurie Whitwell did report last month that we were looking to sign an experienced and a young striker.

At this point I'm of the point that we might as well keep him till he's 30. He's probably not gonna come good consistently but I still have hope that he can overcome his injury issues and give us one really good season. Cos we're not gonna get much money for him anyways and we're very ;right on the striker department.

The only way we should think of selling him if we can get 2 strikers in this summer which I don't see happening.

At this point I'm of the point that we might as well keep him till he's 30. He's probably not gonna come good consistently but I still have hope that he can overcome his injury issues and give us one really good season. Cos we're not gonna get much money for him anyways and we're very ;right on the striker department.

The only way we should think of selling him if we can get 2 strikers in this summer which I don't see happening.

The problem is that Martial isn't going to be able to do what an ETH striker is supposed to do. Aggressive, pressing, physical, pulling defenders away etc. Martial as he gets old is less likely to do any of that when his injuries all start to catch up on him.

This is madness.

So you want us to give him a new contract?

Martial has had great moments but he’s been mostly crap over the last 8 seasons. If there’s a way to offload him, he must be offloaded.

Unfortunately we are stuck with him because no one will come close to matching his contract. As long as we pick up a healthy first choice #9 then we can afford to have a talented but injury prone backup. Disappointing career for Tony though.

Getting rid of Tony, Bailly and Telles in the same window would be absolutely magical. Throw in DVB, Hendo and Maguire and this window won't ever be beaten.
My departure wishlist: Elanga, Fred, DVB, Williams, Mct, Bailly, Telles, Henderson, Tony, Maguire, Sancho

He's never going to be a proper #9 because he doesn't do the things you need from either a traditional or modern striker -

Traditional Striker
Score with Headers from wide crosses
Win Primary High ball/ Knockdowns for second striker from long high balls
Hold the ball and ward off defenders until wide players / midfielders push through gaps in defence and pass
Harass the back line of Defenders to try and win possession.
Pressure the goalkeeper on clearances to create mistakes / take advantage of errors to score
Drop deep to create link with Midfield
Make runs to create space for others

"Modern" Striker
Part of organised "press" of defence
Take up position in channels and swap position with wide players
Cut inside from wide positions and create space for wide players to overload defence

I'd love any remaining fans of Martial to provide evidence of him doing more than just holding up the ball and doing small passes to other forwards. His other trick of course is to just run in from wide channels into congested space of defenders. Sometimes he gets a lucky bounce or a defender miscalculates and we get a goal that looks good on a highlight reel...once you delete all the footage of him trying this multiple times where he just runs down a cul-de sac and the defenders get the ball.

I was sold on the Hojland lad when in a video clip from his time with Sturm Graz he chased down the goalie and got a simple tap-in from a goalie mistake. There's plus 2 or 3 goals to any strikers tally in a season....it just requires effort!

THAT is the key issue with Martial - he has never had the application to do the hard work, over and over that a Striker has to do. He does some minimal effort things around the box, has tricks and flicks when in the mood, but won't be a fighter...won't run down defenders or goalies...won't cover lots of territory. I'm not even going to refer to his injury record as injuries can be unfortunate - but I don't think you can compare his attitude with those of other "Front Men" in the past like Mark Hughes, who held up the ball, maybe didn't have the highest strike rate, but made the team play better.

I don't believe that Saudi will buy him. He isn't fit and hardly available, why any club buys him? Cheerleader on the bench or stand. It won't happen until he start playing and having impact. Even if that happen, it will be next season.

Let's hope Ronaldo can put a good word in and boast about the best players going to Saudi!

Just can't get rid

Yeah. I fully expect him to be unavailable for 1st home game of the season. Chap be injured after his 1st sprint in training this week. Sooner better we get in a CF to lead the line.

In case there's bona fide interest from Saudi and he's willing, do we risk him even for a minute during pre-season?

In case there's bona fide interest from Saudi and he's willing, do we risk him even for a minute during pre-season?

Might as well, he's perfectly capable of injuring himself in training. If he makes it through a pre-season game or two he might at least put himself in the shop window a bit.

Just realized that he is STILL recovering from the hamstring he picked up in the FA cup final, which was like on the 3rd of June or something. So so pathetic. And at the same time we still rely on him and Eric makes it sound positive cause he sees that zero offers come in for him. So I guess another 13+M in wages down the drain.

Might as well, he's perfectly capable of injuring himself in training. If he makes it through a pre-season game or two he might at least put himself in the shop window a bit.

Why is a comment that is 100% accurate so funny?:lol::(

Yeah. I fully expect him to be unavailable for 1st home game of the season. Chap be injured after his 1st sprint in training this week. Sooner better we get in a CF to lead the line.

Then blame ETH (like he did the previous managers) for rushing him back too quickly. He would have to suffered rigour mortis before he stop accusing others of his own problems.

Just realized that he is STILL recovering from the hamstring he picked up in the FA cup final, which was like on the 3rd of June or something. So so pathetic. And at the same time we still rely on him and Eric makes it sound positive cause he sees that zero offers come in for him. So I guess another 13+M in wages down the drain.

Relax, there's no need for that. I also believe that he should have been shipped out long ago, but this has nothing to do with his injury. The reports last June were speaking of a torn muscle. It's more severe than a pulled hamstring and it usually has a very long rehabilitation period. It's also off season, why rush a player who's susceptible to such injuries into action?

Earlier than that.

He played no part in the cup final because he was ‘injured’

EDIT - came on against Fulham and we didn’t see him again

It’s got to the point where they don’t even announce an estimated time for how long he will be out anymore because he’s injured that much.

Last season he got a knock…..we didnt see him for months and there was no update

Relax, there's no need for that. I also believe that he should have been shipped out long ago, but this has nothing to do with his injury. The reports last June were speaking of a torn muscle. It's more severe than a pulled hamstring and it usually has a very long rehabilitation period. It's also off season, why rush a player who's susceptible to such injuries into action?

Sorry, drifted off a bit. It’s just so.. it’s not that the injury needs recovery time, it’s that he is injured again in the first place. Why can’t he stay fit, what’s the medical reason?

The only player I’ve ever known, who could probably get a hamstring injury from wiping his own arse.

His injury record is atrocious.

Getting rid of Tony, Bailly and Telles in the same window would be absolutely magical. Throw in DVB, Hendo and Maguire and this window won't ever be beaten.
My departure wishlist: Elanga, Fred, DVB, Williams, Mct, Bailly, Telles, Henderson, Tony, Maguire, Sancho
You wouldn't give Sancho one more season? To be fair to him, he's had 4 managers in 2 years and this might be the season he adapts to ETH's style.

Sorry, drifted off a bit. It’s just so.. it’s not that the injury needs recovery time, it’s that he is injured again in the first place. Why can’t he stay fit, what’s the medical reason?

We don't really know because the club is reticent in these matters. There's a theory that it's down to the new training method that ETH introduced with the intention of implementing a more intense game and a shift toward short sprints. I believe it was documented that we were one of the least hard-working teams in the league under Mourinho and Solskjaer. There's also an indication that Solskjaer abandoned any notion of doing something similar after he saw that we were constantly losing players to injuries.

Some other times, you simply can't help it. I remember a great talent at my local club who failed to have a good career because he was plagued with muscle injuries. When he was fit, he could be a game changer. Unfortunately, he couldn't stay fit for more than 10 games in a row. When there was a European game midweek, he would either be rested or play an hour maximum the weekend before. He had the skills, but his body simply couldn't handle the demands of the modern game. An example in extremis, obviously, but you get what i mean.

Perhaps, it's a mix of these things. Maybe, at one point, we decided that he should bulk up to play that Drogba-like forward role in a counter-attacking system. In comes ETH, who wants his main man up front to be more active off the ball, and Martial's body doesn't respond well to a second transition in his mid 20s. I know it's speculation, but we don't really know what's going on and there are several factors, other than the player being lazy, that can contribute to a footballer's downfall. For me, this whole thing is tiring because, contrary to popular belief, i never thought he was anything special.

If he remains fit for majority of the season he will be an asset
<<insert clown smiley>>

If someone was interested in him then sure, let’s sell him without question.

However, if no one was then let’s keep him and use him until his contract finishes.

He isn’t a completely useless player - even if we cannot rely on him as a club trying to reach back to the top.

I wouldn’t mind him being our next seasons Jones because even if Martial is only available for 2 months - he does influence games by scoring or assisting like we saw in our seasons last few games.

Ole played them through injury. Martial talked about it but as usual the this place didn't take it seriously and attacked his mentality. But look at him and Pogba post Ole, both can't stay fit for more than 2 minutes. We also know Rashford played for long periods with injuries under him. I don't know the medical reason though and it could be something else unrelated to Ole.