Martial exit?

Being subbed on or off is hardly his fault when he's not injured?

6 of his last 10 he played 54 minutes or more, subbed off mostly around the 70th-85th mark.

I'd be wary of his injury record signing him too, but it's not like he never plays.

No but it does indicate the manager is worried about him.

Like I have said I don't know who will take that risk on him, who is shopping around in the market for a striker who doesn't need one full time, who can spend £15-20m and pay decent wages. My feeling is that he will end up leaving on a free. We are not going to pay him big wages again, he might as well sit here for a year, unless a Saudi team offer 15m and pays him ludicrous money.

We're negotiating with a player for over double that value who has 27 goals in 3 seasons...so you can't go just off goals.
Guess you missed the part about fitness and contract length

We need the funds, sell him at the first offer.
I've always liked Anthony Martial, that debut goal against Liverpool made me so happy as a United fan. I kept backing him even when he was struggling, but it's clear to me that he has lost his way massively. I don't think he'll be the same player again. He should move to a bottom half Premier club imo, he might redeem something from his career if he does that.

I've always liked Anthony Martial, that debut goal against Liverpool made me so happy as a United fan. I kept backing him even when he was struggling, but it's clear to me that he has lost his way massively. I don't think he'll be the same player again. He should move to a bottom half Premier club imo, he might redeem something from his career if he does that.
No bottom half club is paying £250k a week for a guy who isn’t fit for over half the season and offers precious little when he does get on the pitch.
We are stuck with him until his contract runs out best we can hope for is a loan but he couldn’t even hack it at Sevilla………

He'll be the third choice striker this season and then will probably leave on a free next season. Still seems a bit risky going into the season with just Hojlund (probably will happen) Rashford (better on the wing) and Martial (constantly injured) for the centre forward role but that just demonstrates how bad our planning has been at the club prior to EtH and the extent of the rebuild that needs to happen/is happening.

I used to be his biggest fanboy only up to a couple of years ago but I’m now hoping and praying one of these Saudi teams comes in and takes him off our hands. It’s the only way or we’re lumbered with him for another season.

He'll be the third choice striker this season and then will probably leave on a free next season. Still seems a bit risky going into the season with just Hojlund (probably will happen) Rashford (better on the wing) and Martial (constantly injured) for the centre forward role but that just demonstrates how bad our planning has been at the club prior to EtH and the extent of the rebuild that needs to happen/is happening.

Would call it more than a bit risky because like you say Rashford is more comfortable wide and Martial is made of glass so can't trust him

Worry with Martial is that he's getting so much worse. In his first 4 seasons he only missed 14 games, which is actually a great record. Since then he's got worse and worse, and last season was comfortably his worst yet. Plus its all different things - achilles, thigh, knee, hamstring, hip, back, there's barely a bit he hasn't pulled. When you see his timid performances and absent pace, you have to think that not only has his physical ability been affected, but that he also might be playing within himself for fear of more injuries.

If you dont play you can hide behind I'm injured and buy yourself a good 2-3 months and another 2 months of just got back from Injury

The man's hunger's gone

I would say the feck the loan if it’s not a permanent deal. We may as well keep the player and use him for ourselves. Feck the clubs who only want to loan our players and not pay for them

In Moyes we trust

TBF, when he's fit, there probably aren't many better CFs in terms of raw technical ability and physique allied with finishing that West Ham could hope to attract. I guess you'd just have to wager on either Martial or Antonio being fit at any given juncture and alternate between them

Age-wise he's in his prime and when he's on form he is good enough to start for pretty much every team apart from the 10 best clubs in the world. But he's very injury-prone and inconsistent and he only has 1 year left on his contract. Because of that we wont get a good fee for him.

What sense would there be in loaning him out unless we have another CF incoming, which I doubt.

We should keep him. Loan is pointless. At the very least he can be a gap filler and the fact that he'll be playing for his future in football has got to be some motivation to push himself.

We should keep him. Loan is pointless. At the very least he can be a gap filler and the fact that he'll be playing for his future in football has got to be some motivation to push himself.

He just can't stay fit though

For some reason I read thread title as Marital exit. I thought someone was wanting out of a marriage.

:lol: Journalists just making things up at this point, surely? West Ham can't be in for every United player.

Basically, the media is giving the fans what they want to hear because they know it will generate attention. United need to sell and West Ham are a cash-rich club that can buy.

For years, it was often the other way around, with United being the cash-rich club supposedly trying to sign everyone. We all know how much of that turned out to be rubbish.

Some of this might still be true, of course. But there's no way we're selling Martial, Maguire and McTominay all to one club.

i'd love to sell this french prick but not sure we would get much for him and on top of that, then we'd have to find a player to replace him

Martial would never pass a medical…so it’s not even worth having a thread to talk about his departure from the club.

still think might as well just let him run down the contract this year. Get the 10 or so good games hopefully from him throughout the season and lessen the load on rest. Maybe by then he who shall not be named will be back and in form by end of season to go along with our new signing and a decent strike force that is also very young.

That debut had me proper hyped. Went on and played some good games that season.

What a disappointment hes turned out to be

He’s going nowhere until his contract runs out. So we have to appease him for times like this when we have nobody else.

In the annals of deadwood in all of sports, Anthony Martial has to be in the Hall of Fame.

As for what to do with him now, no one is taking on his ridiculous wage so we might as well keep him on through at least the January window. If he does recover fitness we can bring him on on matches we've wrapped up by the 70th minute, which hopefully will be more than a few this season, to give Rashford and Hojlund some rest going into midweek CL matches.

Orban or that Leonardo guy?
Orban is a good shout, though maybe West Ham themselves should be in for him (so long as they're willing to accept a release clause, I'm guessing, if his team has any sense) ...

Why the feck would we loan him out when his contract finishes next summer
I think there's a 1 year extension option, as often with these things, though might be misreported . In practice, we'd obviously try and get a loan fee, though not sure how this would work in terms of WH also potentially paying all of his wages...