5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been poor recently and terrible cameo on Thursday but did his job well today. four years have shown he isn't good enough to play as regularly as he does and that needs to change but he does have his uses if used sparingly.

If you tell him that passing backwards isnt allowed,think his brain would melt. Did good today in most things,always defending him but he can not play in midfield two. His passing even sometimes put other players in trouble.

Definitely needs to be upgraded in the summer with someone like Fabinho, but does well in games like today when he simply breaks up play and passes to the nearest player.

He was alright? I'm surprised people are acting like he was amazing.

Just goes to show how a great team performance makes everyone look good, even the weekly targets of the resident pitchfork brigade.

Definitely needs to be upgraded in the summer with someone like Fabinho, but does well in games like today when he simply breaks up play and passes to the nearest player.

I would keep him, but we do need another MF or two with Carrick coming to the end.

Fantastic Fellaini. Absolutely bossed it like a beast today.

Chuffed to bits for him.

Last edited:
How are people using today to criticise him? He was one of our best players!

And as for the limited passing etc, I don't know how many of you had a full view of the pitch but most the time there wasn't much on and he made the right decision.

Also, putting players under pressure?! Bailly and Pogba were the main culprits for that.

He had a brilliant game today, his off the ball work and interceptions and pressing has been top. I don't rate him usually and wish he would move on, but today, he was key to our midfield and performance

He was excellent today. But taking nothing away from his performance, it's telling that a great performance coincides with everyone else being great. He always reflects our team's performance, rather than dictates it, which is what you want in a midfield general.

I don't rate the guy - I don't think he's good enough to be a first team player but performances like today show me that as our squad improves, he could have a place in it and be a valuable asset.

Even if the above is completely wrong he was undeniably very good today.

Usual suspects will poop on the party as they always do but he was absolutely brilliant today. Both offensively and defensively. His chest control was out of his world too.

Pretty quiet in here, isn't it?

I'd love those who constantly give him stick to come into the thread and have the balls to say he had a very good game. Oh well.

Keep proving them wrong Fellaz.

Super performance.
I constantly give him stick, and I already came in to state that he proved me wrong today and played well. Delighted for him, and United.

He had a decent game, hustling for the ball and being a nuisance but his passing was erratic. A few times he won the ball with superb chest control only to quickly make a poor pass that led to Chelsea winning possession. His best passes are safe back passes. 7/10 performance overall

I think we might have stumbled onto something with Herrera, Fellaini partnering Pogba in midfield. All 3 are mobile, energetic and atleast Herrera and Pogba can collect and distribute from defense. Someone like Bakayoko would be a very good rotation piece if that's kind of midfield we want to go for.

Thought he mixed the good with the indifferent. Played too many wrong passes to team mates that forced them to make hurried clearances. A good performance though but just needs to make a better choice of pass at times.

Delighted for him. I saw a few lovely forward passes too which was good to see :)

He played well enough today but we would look so much better with a Player who compliments both Herrera and Pogba in the midfield. He isn't defensively enough and his passing leaves alot to be desired.
He is an ok squad option, but shouldn't be starting so many games for us.

Jose will rectify this in the off season, I'm sure of it.

Today, that looked like his job: break Chelsea's attacks, win the ball and give it to either Pogba or Herrera (or the nearest player) to build an attack of our own. Like others here, it was a 7/10-type performance.

I think he's often really good in big games.

He totally dominated Citeh for LvG a few seasons ago as well.

I like him, think he's a good team player and valuable squad member, hope he stays (but remains a squad member).

I can really see why Mourinho rates him. Puts himself about and covers alot of ground. And i noticed he is running faster too.

Got slated earlier for saying Martial doesn't deserve to be picked with comments like "Fellaini doesn't either" but the difference is that Fella's got a great attitude and gives his 100%.

I think he's often really good in big games.

He totally dominated Citeh for LvG a few seasons ago as well.

I like him, think he's a good team player and valuable squad member, hope he stays (but remains a squad member).

The thing he is very good at is breaking games up, throwing himself about and getting in the way. Against the better teams you need someone to do that. Against everyone else you need players to keep the flow going though and thats where he's poor.

Good Game from Fellaini.. Did his job, and helped us get a win.

I don't get the "Fellaini doesn't carry the team, hence he's not good enough" logic, we paid 100 mill to get Pogba to do exactly that.
We need to build the team around Pogba and if Jose Mourinho, who everyone is now proclaiming to be a tactical genius, thinks Marouane Fellaini can fit into that midfield, then why should we doubt him?

I'd rather have a solid player who plays his heart out every game than a super talented player, who refuses to play as a team and follow his manager's instructions

He was great today. Dominated Kante at times.

His main task was to take Matic out of the game though, which he did for the entire game.

I would love to see a video of his every touch in the game.
He broke up Chelsea's play so many times that I lost count.
He kept his focus very well and played Jose's instructions to the tee.
Proving his value as a solid squad player. Happy for him after all the stick he got from our own fans.

Been poor recently and terrible cameo on Thursday but did his job well today. four years have shown he isn't good enough to play as regularly as he does and that needs to change but he does have his uses if used sparingly.
No he hasn't. He's been the same, pretty solid and probably just above average. He wasn't terrible on Thursday, he was the same, pretty solid and just above average but there was one defensive mistake so everyone ripped him for it and just yelled "he's shite" non stop.

He's tough as fecking nails in the one v one. He was solid again against what is probably one of the best midfield in the league, he played his role and so did his partners to produce an excellent performance in combination with Herrera and Pogba. He might not have the talent level that everybody desires but he has the mentality and the grit. He's been an important squad player for the last three years and probably one of our most consistent performers.

He had a decent game, hustling for the ball and being a nuisance but his passing was erratic. A few times he won the ball with superb chest control only to quickly make a poor pass that led to Chelsea winning possession. His best passes are safe back passes. 7/10 performance overall

every single player yday did that many times. Even de gea tried to do that in the buildup to the goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.