Mario Balotelli

I want him to stay at City. If they sell him they will be able to sign a striker who actually gives a feck.

I don't rate him at all, but I think Juventus would suit him. On the football side of things, there's a nice welcoming gap for an old-fashioned well-rounded prolific striker, so almost anyone decent would have a good chance of flourishing.

On the behaviour side, there's not this necessity for moralising hypocrisy that you get in England. The English media demands that everyone is happy, everyone is friends with one another, and everyone is perfectly behaved. Anything else is a 'crisis'. So Mancini is forced to berate Balotelli publicly when he does something wrong in order to save his own reputation, but pretend that everything is rosy the rest of the time. It's a perfect recipe to turn Mario's eccentricities and bad behaviour into a constant serious distraction, because even when he's done nothing Mancini is obligated to pipe up and say 'Look, everything's great, there are no issues between Balotelli and me!'

In Italy, the problems are just accepted. Pogba turned up late to training a couple of times in a row and his agent did his best to start a row. Juve disciplined him, and then got on with things as normal. There was less fuss, less need for Conte to castigate one moment and deny the next. Even at Inter under Mourinho, who turns everything into a massive drama, Balotelli was only ever an amusing sideshow, rarely front-page news like he's been for City. And Juve are the best at this. They're a massive, weathered old institution, and especially since Calciogate no one expects a facade of moral perfection from then. They have that Fergie-esque ability to just soak up 'issues' without too much of a fuss.

Balotelli to Juventus is just media bollocks. They have Anelka for the time being, and will have Llorente in the summer. Why would they even go in for a nutcase?

Balotelli to Juventus is just media bollocks. They have Anelka for the time being, and will have Llorente in the summer. Why would they even go in for a nutcase?

It is not media bollocks. For a team that plays 3-5-2, they are short on quality striking options. Bendtner and Anelka are on loan only till the end of the season.

It is not media bollocks. For a team that plays 3-5-2, they are short on quality striking options. Bendtner and Anelka are on loan only till the end of the season.

Vucinic, Giovinco, Quagliarella, Matri, Bendtner, Anelka. How would they fit in Balotelli there, with 6 players already vying for 2 starting spots?

Vucinic, Giovinco, Quagliarella, Matri, Bendtner, Anelka. How would they fit in Balotelli there, with 6 players already vying for 2 starting spots?

May be they can tie up a deal now and get him in summer.

May be they see the talent in him and want to get him at a price they think is good.

May be because they are planning for the future strike force of Llorente and Balotelli.

They could be a 100 other reasons.

What makes you so confident that it is media bollocks? Are you in regular touch with people from Juventus?

Why would anyone want to touch any player represented by that snake of an agent is everyone's guess.

Is there a reason why the top clubs in Italy don't seem too bothered with him being a mental case?

Was about to say the thing. Why do you think Juventus sees the talent in him, and not the baggage that he brings along with him, that the other clubs do see?

His agent is Raiola. The same of Ibra. I won't be surprised if he is linking him to Juventus to drive the price up, considering that Milan have already said that they won't go beyond a certain limit.

Was about to say the thing. Why do you think Juventus sees the talent in him, and not the baggage that he brings along with him, that the other clubs do see?

His agent is Raiola. The same of Ibra. I won't be surprised if he is linking him to Juventus to drive the price up, considering that Milan have already said that they won't go beyond a certain limit.

May be was the operative word.

Wee bit of bother for Balotelli: The moment revolting Man United fan took leak on Man

Mario Balotelli has had a few controversial scrapes during his time in the Premier League - but he has never stooped as low as this Manchester United supporter.

These photos, reportedly taken on Sunday night, show a United fan peeing on the City striker's car while the 22-year-old was out eating a meal with friends.

The incident happened outside Manchester's trendy city-centre Indian restaurant Zouk.

article-2269958-173AA646000005DC-850_634x481.jpg

Balotelli's £160,000 camouflaged Bentley is easily identifiable and a group of friends, all from the red half of the city, appear to have stumbled across the car while out in town.

article-2269958-173AA5D2000005DC-839_306x353.jpg

It is some send-off for the young striker, who may finally be checking out of City this week after Italian giants AC Milan opened talks with the Barclays Premier League champions about a £24m move.

Balotelli was seen carrying some belongings from the club's training ground on Monday before he joined his team-mates in London for the game against QPR at Loftus Road tonight.

Milan are understood to have offered £20m but City - who have also had vague contact from Juventus - are determined to stick to their valuation.

Milan are expected to make another bid for the Italy forward after their audacious last-minute move for former Chelsea striker Didier Drogba fell through.

As was the case for Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich, Milan bosses discovered veteran Drogba had already signed an 18-month deal with Turkish side Galatasaray when they made their approach for him.

It made them all the more determined to land Balotelli, with efforts to reach an agreement being stepped up in the last 24 hours.
Sportsmail can reveal the City striker's personal lawyer Vittorio Rigo, who works closely with his agent Mino Raiola, flew into Manchester over the weekend in readiness to try and negotiate a deal.

Financing the transfer remains a major stumbling block for Milan. City want over £25m for a player they signed from Inter for £23m in August 2010, while Milan value him at nearer £20m and are looking to include Kevin-Prince Boateng as a makeweight in any agreement.
With time running out, ahead of Thursday's deadline, Milan are eager to reach a settlement, though assistant manager David Platt insisted he was in the dark over suggestions a move could be imminent.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...it-bother-Manchester-United-fan-pees-car.html

How does the DM know it's a United fan?

Or is it one of you?:)

I'm sorry but what does he expect? A camoflauged-designed car? Seriously.

Anyway, if City do flog him off - there is no doubt Mancini will want to replace him with someone.

And that frightens me.

I'm sorry but what does he expect? A camoflauged-designed car? Seriously.

Anyway, if City do flog him off - there is no doubt Mancini will want to replace him with someone.

And that frightens me.

That's what concerns me, I have no problem with them having a kid with huge talent, with that attitude he isn't worrying, but when they're linked with Falcao....

I don't rate him at all, but I think Juventus would suit him. On the football side of things, there's a nice welcoming gap for an old-fashioned well-rounded prolific striker, so almost anyone decent would have a good chance of flourishing.

On the behaviour side, there's not this necessity for moralising hypocrisy that you get in England. The English media demands that everyone is happy, everyone is friends with one another, and everyone is perfectly behaved. Anything else is a 'crisis'. So Mancini is forced to berate Balotelli publicly when he does something wrong in order to save his own reputation, but pretend that everything is rosy the rest of the time. It's a perfect recipe to turn Mario's eccentricities and bad behaviour into a constant serious distraction, because even when he's done nothing Mancini is obligated to pipe up and say 'Look, everything's great, there are no issues between Balotelli and me!'

In Italy, the problems are just accepted. Pogba turned up late to training a couple of times in a row and his agent did his best to start a row. Juve disciplined him, and then got on with things as normal. There was less fuss, less need for Conte to castigate one moment and deny the next. Even at Inter under Mourinho, who turns everything into a massive drama, Balotelli was only ever an amusing sideshow, rarely front-page news like he's been for City. And Juve are the best at this. They're a massive, weathered old institution, and especially since Calciogate no one expects a facade of moral perfection from then. They have that Fergie-esque ability to just soak up 'issues' without too much of a fuss.

I was about to say how refreshing that sounds. But then I remembered Italian politics. And I thought, maybe an over exuberant media keeping people honest is not such a bad thing after all. Any country where berlusconi, after all that has happened, is still seen as in with a reasonable shout of making a comeback probably needs a bit more moralising, hypocritical or otherwise.

Is there a reason why the top clubs in Italy don't seem too bothered with him being a mental case?

Italians love a nutter surely.

Now that Zlatan and Cassano have left Milan they're short of a player with world class ability and Blue Square North level intelligence. No one fits the mould quite like Balotelli.

Can't let Roma have all the fun with Totti and De Rossi.

Italian press are reporting a deal will be done tonight for about £17m if my maths is right, I can see City finishing the season with three strikers.

Italian press are reporting a deal will be done tonight for about £17m if my maths is right, I can see City finishing the season with three strikers.

Not a problem imo. They're not in the UCL anymore and they often play one up front anyway.

Not a problem imo. They're not in the UCL anymore and they often play one up front anyway.

4 strikers was the difference last season. To be honest Tevez looks like he did in his last season with us and never looks like scoring consistently, Aguero doesn't look fit and Dzeko blows hot and cold. For all the fact Balotelli is a twat he was useful last season and Tevez coming back and giving them 4 strikers really made the difference. If Aguero got injured then they're stuck with 2 strikers, 1 who is out of form and the other one who is arguably more useful off the bench. It would be a problem for them if theyh lost 1 of them. They still have John Guidetti on their books, I could see them using him if they can't sign anyone.

He's supposedly taking a pay cut to join Milan. Fair play to him.

The potential of El-Shaarawy and Balotelli together could be immense, if Balotelli gets his head straight.

I genuinely think this is a good thing for City. They don't have to put up with the sideshow any more. Plus he didn't add all that much on the pitch that they can't replace.

I don't think he will be much of a loss for City, the worrying thing is if they go out and buy the likes of Falcao or Cavani now.

I don't think he will be much of a loss for City, the worrying thing is if they go out and buy the likes of Falcao or Cavani now.
They will buy Falcao and sell Dzeko or Tevez in in summer, don't think they will go after Cavani as it seems like Napoli are trying to force City into activating his release clause.

I can see them signing Jovetic.

Falcao is off to either Chelsea or city... It's enevitable